GM Inside News Forum banner

Ford Records Better-Than-Anticipated Q2 Operating Results

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Ed753 
#1 ·
https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2020/07/30/2q-fin-ford.pdf

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...er-than-anticipated-q2-operating-results.html

DEARBORN, Mich., July 30, 2020 -- Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) today reported its 2020 second quarter financial results. Click here or visit media.ford.com to view the news release. Visit shareholder.ford.com for the slide presentation and access the webcast to the Ford earnings call, which begins at 5 p.m. ET. The call will feature Jim Hackett, president and CEO; Tim Stone, chief financial officer; and other members of the Ford senior management team.

#11 ·
Those are automotive segments, the forecast is the whole enchilada, with a huge one-time gain causing confusion. And it is by design. I worked in the Ford Finance world and they are good at what they do and have integrity to be sure, but they accentuate the positive for the superficial press. The Operating Loss in Q2-2020 was ($2.8B) vs Q2 2019 $0.09B income (which might as well be a loss since it does not provide a good return).

That gain on sale of investment is a one timer and I hope that they are not eating their young or seed corn with that move. See Attached.

#7 ·
The earnings call was interesting, but they are warning of significant shortfalls on F-150 sales coming as a result of the Pandemic and changeover to the 2021 model. I'm wondering if F-150's sales crown will be in danger. I don't think Ford was able to build up inventory ahead of the changeover, although the 2021 model was designed to be built in-tandem with the old model so production disruption shouldn't be huge.

#10 · (Edited)
F150 poduction has been going gangbusters for the last two months so I don't see a problem
for what will be a relatively minor plant change over to the 21 model, since they already have
most changes covered.

And if the changeover is still November, I can see Ford building strong production until then
and aggressively selling down the MY20s up past Christmas and into the early new year.

GM, Ram and Ford, having their full sized pickup production closed down at the same time levels the field
on reduced sales this year but I think F Series may hold on for the win but, shortages of 6.7 Powerstrokes
from Mexico due to covid restrictions could be the difference that causes the unthinkable to happen.
the loss of sales crown.,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.