GM Inside News Forum banner

Ford Posts Best Retail Share In Five Years ...

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jpd80 
#1 ·
#3 ·
A hollow victory, but it's still additional money in Ford's pocket vs. being down more.

Is the Explorer up simply because of their botched launch last year? I don't recall when they started launching the Explorer.

Unrelated to Ford, but related to sales volume - anyone see that Tesla's market cap is now greater than Toyota's? Unbelievable. While I'm one of the few on GMI that thinks Tesla is cool, that's just plain stupid that Tesla's market cap exceeds Toyota, I think Toyota has the highest market cap (or had the highest market cap) of all automotive makes.

#4 ·
Is the Explorer up simply because of their botched launch last year? I don't recall when they started launching the Explorer.
Explorer was a all new vehicle, (FWD based to RWD based) made in the same plant, so there was always going to be a significant production lag.

The one wound-down in Q1 and the other restarted in late Q2, inventory build was suppose to bridge the gap.

All things considered, being even YOY for Q1 & Q2 combined seems like a least a small feat.

The next 12 months is going to be a challenge for everyone, some more than others (and not just auto-makers).

#6 ·
The point Ed was making was that 2020 Explorer and Aviator production started May 2019 but on sale date
was around late June/early July so Q2 2019 sales were all out going model sales, the problems with the new
models actually showed up in Q3 and Q4 sales.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.