GM Inside News Forum banner

Ford issues recall for 327,000 previously serviced F-150, Super Duty trucks

768 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  InCogKneeToe 
#1 ·
#2 ·
boy, do I hate websites with this crap video autoplay

not even a big deal, just don't use the engine block heater and get it fixed before next winter

The most recent safety notification addresses potential damage to the engine block heater cable splice connectors. Such cables are used to keep trucks warmer in the winter to make ignition easier. The connector, Ford say, may have “inadvertently become damaged” during service.

#4 ·
It is a Legitimate Recall and Concern, however.

You are exactly correct. Now that Spring is here, just Don't Plug it in until repairs are made. Also, I understand the need for a 2 piece cord to aid in routing it to the outside of the vehicle. (the corrosion occurs at the junction) but the F Series already has the Block Heater routed to the Best Possible Exit Place. Why the need for the connection in the first place?

Also, even in the Winter months, I never plugged either of my F150's in, even in the 2 weeks of -44F last winter. Mostly due to my Cord being a Block of Ice from Snow Plowing. They started every morning (manually I don't use the Remote @ that cold).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.