GM Inside News Forum banner

FCA & UAW Officials Hid Millions of Dollars in Offshore Bank Accounts

4K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  CaptainDan 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The lawsuit portrays UAW leaders as financially savvy schemers who had access to foreign bank accounts, a portrayal at odds with the union's attempts to position its leaders as blue-collar workers dedicated to serving their brother and sister workers.

I'll take savvy schemers for $50,000, Alex.

#6 ·
And people want you to believe that it's the big, greedy corporations that take advantage of workers. In reality, the politicians and unions are far worse than the corporations. They're constantly exploited and told that they need help to survive. But instead of providing help, they milk them for power and money. They're the greedy ones. Good corporations at least understand that a healthy, happy, well-trained workforce makes better product and is better for the company in the long term.

#15 · (Edited)
I should have said permits, as I meant the heirachy structure, not just the people currently in those positions
It's evil flourishing when no one is watching over or looking out for the best interests of all members.
If the allegations are proven true, it's a crime of opportunity that should not exist in the 21st century.

Interesting times when similar corruption accusations are being levelled at another well known group
do we apply a double standard that says UAW=corrupt and the others as unfairly blackened because
well, they're liked by so many folks....I'll reserve judgement on both cases until all the facts are revealed.

#24 ·
There was a time when Arabs emigrated to Michigan to work in the Big Three factories. It is a shame what happened. American workers screwed by companies eager to offshore and corrupt unions not fighting for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.