Demand for the Kia Telluride SUV is so high dealers can't keep them on their lots

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Demand for the Kia Telluride SUV is so high dealers can't keep them on their lots

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 762 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Demand for the Kia Telluride SUV is so high dealers can't keep them on their lots

(CNN)Kia, Hyundai's South Korean sister brand, has been trying for years to be seen as more than just a maker of inexpensive cars for buyers on a budget.

Success has come gradually, but has now been capped off in the form a three-row crossover SUV named after Colorado ski town. Kia's award-winning Telluride is selling so fast that its West Point, Georgia, factory can't make them fast enough.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/succe...and/index.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Re: Demand for the Kia Telluride SUV is so high dealers can't keep them on their lots

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    (CNN)Kia, Hyundai's South Korean sister brand, has been trying for years to be seen as more than just a maker of inexpensive cars for buyers on a budget.

Success has come gradually, but has now been capped off in the form a three-row crossover SUV named after Colorado ski town. Kia's award-winning Telluride is selling so fast that its West Point, Georgia, factory can't make them fast enough.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/succe...and/index.html
    I recently looked at a new Telluride at the local Ford / Kia dealership, when I had my Expedition in for service. I did not drive it.

I was VERY impressed with the exterior and interior design. It is a VERY good looking vehicle, and does not look like the rest of the small to midsize SUVís and CUVís that all have black plastic moldings on the wheel openings, front and rear bumper covers, and the grille.

The Telluride has a massive amount of features and content for the price. I can see why they are selling well. They are built in America too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1999 White C5 Coupe For This Useful Post:

Al63240 (07-28-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,571 Times in 1,329 Posts

Re: Demand for the Kia Telluride SUV is so high dealers can't keep them on their lots

Duh...make a good product and that is what happens. The Telluride is a looker and comes in at the right cost w/ the right features/warranty.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (07-23-2020),gkr778 (07-23-2020),The Handler (07-23-2020),TruckMan (07-23-2020)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 9,543 Times in 4,663 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

I myself don't care for the exterior styling, but it certainly wins on price and content. No surprise I'm seeing a lot of them, I can see them taking a lot of market share. GM's updated trucks better be good.

Chevrolet VOLT
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,839 Times in 2,488 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I guess this is a "good" problem to have. I prefer the styling on the Palisade over this Telluride myself and I think it is amazing the progress and success that H/K has made and become.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Lincoln Nautilus

This segment has a history of creating phenoms like Explorer and Jeep Grand Cherokee. Kia seem to be the new one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BORG For This Useful Post:

richmond2000 (07-24-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    I guess this is a "good" problem to have. I prefer the styling on the Palisade over this Telluride myself and I think it is amazing the progress and success that H/K has made and become.
    Its funny how I look at the two, I prefer the Palisade Limited over all, but prefer the Telluride over the lower Palisade trims.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,801 Times in 3,775 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Perhaps I should go test drive one

Thanks

^^^I'll save everyone the gory details and him a test drive...it was rubbish and his 2013 Traverse is better.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

bballr4567 (07-23-2020),buildacariwant (07-24-2020),Ed753 (07-28-2020)

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

We dove one last weekend! In the market for such a vehicle and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. It was very nice, the interior deserves top marks and then some. The driving experience was completely average, it stopped, steered, and went down the road just fine, didn't excite or disappoint in any way. I did find it a tiny bit lacking in the power department (after testing a Explorer ST lol) and the third row tight.

Overall it had some very nice features. Here in Canada they're over $55,000 loaded and still think its a bargain.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha and Omega For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha and Omega View Post
    We dove one last weekend! In the market for such a vehicle and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. It was very nice, the interior deserves top marks and then some. The driving experience was completely average, it stopped, steered, and went down the road just fine, didn't excite or disappoint in any way. I did find it a tiny bit lacking in the power department (after testing a Explorer ST lol) and the third row tight.

Overall it had some very nice features. Here in Canada they're over $55,000 loaded and still think its a bargain.
    Tight 3rd row is my only complaint on the Palisade/Telluride another 6" of wheelbase and it'll be perfect
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha and Omega View Post

I tell you, Chevrolet strikes the perfect balance in this segment. No fuss, just a good solid product, and it can get up and go.. but wait for the refresh...

Thanks
    My Ride
    2019 Lincoln Nautilus

The Traverse is definitely the best minivan.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Traverse is a solid product with right dimensions but its cheap interior and high price make people look for other options. GM need to improve interior and price right the product.

The refresh2021 update makes it looks really great exterior.

What it lacks is refined interior and electrified options, say a Hybrid/PHEV offering with E-AWD and possible GM should do EV on this product to really address families. Even GM charging for the safety is not right. Lot safety options are paid options with GM vs others provide it as standard.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to uvikrama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by BORG View Post
    The Traverse is definitely the best minivan.
    Yes, Its a family Hauler and does not pretend not to be. Practical

Quote Originally Posted by uvikrama View Post
    Traverse is a solid product with right dimensions but its cheap interior and high price make people look for other options. GM need to improve interior and price right the product.

The refresh2021 update makes it looks really great exterior.

What it lacks is refined interior and electrified options, say a Hybrid/PHEV offering with E-AWD and possible GM should do EV on this product to really address families. Even GM charging for the safety is not right. Lot safety options are paid options with GM vs others provide it as standard.
    No need for additional complexity, or fancy interiors the kids will trash anyways.. what you need is an interior that will hold together to abuse... and you need mother to get where she is taking little Tanisha in a hurry, and yup, if mother is in a hurry, she can get going pretty quick...

24. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information