All-electric Jaguar XJ coming soon on platform shared with 'Road Rover'

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  jesda1 
#1 ·
All-electric Jaguar XJ coming soon on platform shared with 'Road Rover'
Will also have an ICE version, and next-gen Range Rover to follow
JONATHON RAMSEY
Jun 24th 2019
autoblog.com

We've been posting on the likelihood of electric Jaguars for a while now, especially the XJ leading the charge as a new EV flagship. Rumors at the beginning of 2018 predicted an XJ EV on our doorstep by the end of 2018, the 50th anniversary year of the XJ. By April this year, it was looking like the battery-powered XJ would use the I-Pace platform and make an appearance sometime in 2019. Now, Automotive News Europe reports that during Jaguar Land Rover's Investor's Day presentations, the automaker said it would debut a "large SUV and a large premium sedan" on its Modular Longitudinal Architecture (MLA) suitable for EVs, hybrids and traditional ICE-powered cars. The sedan in question is the next-gen XJ.

Nick Rogers, JLR's product engineering boss, said electric MLA vehicles will get 90.2-kWh batteries that return range of up to 400 kilometers (292 miles) on the European cycle. That would effectively be the same size battery as the I-Pace, which rides on its own one-off platform, and the same range; in the U.S., the I-Pace is rated at 234 miles. It's said the XJ's design, produced by former Jaguar design chief Ian Callum and his team, has already been cleared. It swaps the four-door body for a five-door, a la the Audi A7, and introduces a new design language for the car and the carmaker.

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.