2021 Porsche Panamera Breaks Executive Cars Lap Record On The Nurburgring

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2021 Porsche Panamera Breaks Executive Cars Lap Record On The Nurburgring

Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 651 Posts

BY CRISTIAN GNATICOV |
    Carscoops
    POSTED ON AUGUST 13, 2020

The facelifted Porsche Panamera Turbo has become the quickest executive car on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, with an official time of 7:29.81.

The record run, which was certified by a public notary, was achieved by test and development driver Lars Kern, who drove a lightly camouflaged series production car on the German circuit on July 24, around noon, at an outside temperature of 71.6F (22oC) and a track temperature of 93.2F (34oC).
    In the Hatzenbach or also Bergwerk and Kesselchen sections in particular, the new setup of the electromechanical roll stabilization system PDCC remains consistently effective and provides the Panamera with incredible stability in spite of the bumpy track surface. At the Schwedenkreuz, the car benefited from the improved lateral dynamics and the increased grip of the new Michelin UHP tires. I achieved cornering speeds there that I would not have believed possible with the Panamera”, he added.

Porsche noted that the 2021 Panamera was put through its paces on the complete Nordschleife distance of 20.832 km (12.944 miles), unlike the 2016 run, when Kern’s time of 7:38.46 was achieved over the 20.6 km (12.8 miles) track. By comparison, the 20.6 km mark was passed at 7:25.04, which means that the revised Panamera is nearly 13 seconds faster than its predecessor.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to asrapid1 For This Useful Post:

eklauss (08-14-2020)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 2021 Porsche Panamera Breaks Executive Cars Lap Record On The Nurburgring

The output of the revamped Panamera Turbo’s 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 is unknown,
    Is this a typo or?I know first Panamera had 4.8 l v8. Gen II has 4.0 l v8 TT. So where does 4.4 l v8 comes from? BMW

Thanks
    Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,475 Posts

Gotta give it to them...they stuck with it and incrementally improved the Panamera to where it is today from the ugly duckling it was when it was first introduced.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,152 Times in 3,957 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Gotta give it to them...they stuck with it and incrementally improved the Panamera to where it is today from the ugly duckling it was when it was first introduced.
    A very fat and ugly ducklin

Thanks

Yup ...much better looking than the first generation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,419 Times in 797 Posts

Once she got out of her awkward puberty years,hit the gym and found a style that suited her;she has become a head turner.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

OK great.... so where is our Modern 928?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 69gtsdart For This Useful Post:

sdotjeezy (08-13-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,475 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 69gtsdart View Post
    OK great.... so where is our Modern 928?
    I know right...You would've thought they'd lop 2 doors off this thing by now.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

I drive the 4s, it’s really quite a machine. Great balance of sportiness and comfort now that I’m past my e63 stage but not ready for S class or Audi A8. I’ve been patiently waiting for Cadillac to produce something comparable, I was hopeful with the new black wing motor but alas another failure to launch. I was so hoping that the second edition of a ct6 blackwing would have the same improved implementation. Oh well the taycan looks interesting!

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information