2021 Kia Stinger Previewed With Teeny-Weeny Exterior And Interior Changes

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Kia Stinger Previewed With Teeny-Weeny Exterior And Interior Changes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 651 Posts

Carscoops
    BY BRAD ANDERSON |
    AUGUST 11, 2020

This is our first look at the facelifted 2021 Kia Stinger and while it may take a keen eye to notice the changes, the South Korean automaker will hope these alterations drum up some sales in a struggling sedan market.

Up front, Kia has fitted new multifaceted reflector LED headlights with a tweaked design and incorporated LED daytime running lights. These new lights are slightly darker than those of the pre-facelifted Stinger and give the sports sedan a more high-tech light signature.
    Few changes have been made to the cabin. The most significant upgrade is the fitment of the automaker’s new 10.25-inch widescreen infotainment and navigation system. Elsewhere, the Stinger receives contrast stitching across the dashboard and doors while the center console is available with aluminum or carbon fiber-style trim. Kia has also fitted a mood lighting system that allows drivers to select one of 64 possible colors. The lower section of the steering wheel also has a metallic finish and there is a chrome bezel around the central 7.0-inch gauge display.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 651 Posts

Re: 2021 Kia Stinger Previewed With Teeny-Weeny Exterior And Interior Changes

I've seen couple of Kia Stinger (outside the car show) here in my country. The price of basic model (245 HP) is almost same as the price of basic Mercedes E class here. And the price of more powerful model (3.3 T) cost as much as E class 450 4matic, so i'm not surprise that sale numbers are very small. But not a bad looking car IMO.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 784 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

Wait for a clearance if you want one - Have seen huge cash credits on these. They are very slow sellers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,475 Posts

Awesome car...held back by badge
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

buildacariwant (08-13-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,922 Times in 4,832 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

If I recall, when the Stinger came there were a lot of comments on GMI about how stupid GM is for abandoning this segment, inferring the Stinger will sell like hotcakes and ensure a loyal customer base for decades to come, spurring tons of sales of other Kia's from its halo effect. While we all like sport vehicles on GMI, the reality is that cars like this are now owned by luxury makes and is otherwise a declining market for mainstream brands. I think all the market action for mainstream brand image vehicles now resides in sport trucks like the Wrangler, Bronco, Raptor, GMC AT, etc.. Sad, but the more I see, true.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Accord Coupe' V6 6spd

If Doug DeMuro has one then it must be good...

If I remember right his was a leftover '18 that had been sitting on the lot a while.
    "I do not care about inequality because I'm not envious. I care about poverty."

Apostrophes: Hidden Content

Spelling: Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,581 Posts
    My Ride
    MY16 Holden Colorado LS-X Man

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    And the price....

Most wont pay overs for a KIA
    Who the hell approved this abomination? Hidden Content

I bet it was some dumbarse in Detroit Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 9,922 Times in 4,832 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Quote Originally Posted by VS Ute 5Litre View Post
    And the price....

If I'm paying BMW money, I want a BMW, not a KIA! Same thing happened with the Pontiac GTO/Chevy SS (plus lack of advertising, etc).

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 tripowergto Jan2003's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,391 Times in 576 Posts

I'm waiting for used GT Stinger's to depreciate enough to become a solid RWD value to replace my aging G8 GT that's beginning to become costly to maintain.
    2018 Hot Wheels 2SS Camaro Conv ~ 2016 2LT Corvette 7spd ~ 2017 Camaro RS V6 6spd ~ 2014 Chevy Volt(traded) ~ 2009 Pontiac G8 GT ~ 2002 Firebird Formula 6spd

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,152 Times in 3,957 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

This will be axed soon

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I would feel bad if they axed it. Simply because it looks 10x better than other Korean designs American journalists are paid to get excited about (ugly Palisade, Sonata, awkard Teluride, KIA K5 etc.) There are some flaws though. That interior while looking good on pictures, left me unimpressed in real-life. As mentioned here, the pricing might be the problem.
    Current:
    2014 Volvo V40 CC
    2016 Mercedes CLS
    1994 Firebird TransAm LQ4 manual
    2017 Mustang
    Previous:
    2005 Mercedes SL
    2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    1992 Cadillac STS
    1997 Corvette

YEH
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kool1 View Post
    Wait for a clearance if you want one - Have seen huge cash credits on these. They are very slow sellers.
    Selling about as well as the A5 Sportback and much better than the 4 Series GC (granted, a new model is due).

Also vastly outsells the Arteon.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    If that were entirely so (yeah, has some effect), it wouldn't be outselling the G70 and IS - which are sedans and not the more niche fastback bodystyle.

Over in Germany, the Stinger was outselling the entire combined RWD Lexus and Infiniti lineups (and by a good margin) despite not having a hybrid option.

Quote Originally Posted by VS Ute 5Litre View Post
    And the price....

If that were so, the more expensive TTV6 wouldn't be the one that sells.

In Australia and Canada, pretty much only the TTV6 sells (the T4 was discontinued in Canada and may be for Australia).

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    If I'm paying BMW money, I want a BMW, not a KIA! Same thing happened with the Pontiac GTO/Chevy SS (plus lack of advertising, etc).
    But you're not.

The Stinger is many thousands less than a comparably equipped 4 Series GC.

The one thing that BMW and MB have over others (including Audi, Genesis and Lexus) are lease deals that the others can't match, esp. for the 3 Series and C Class.

Someone at Kia messed up; the images they released for the front shows the original headlight design and not of the FL (which is a step back).
    Last edited by YEH; 08-14-2020 at 04:19 PM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I test drove a 2020 V6 Stinger rear-drive and a 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack widebody. I bought the Charger. However, the Stinger handled better, and has a nicer interior. Our particular Hyundai-Kia dealership is convinced that Kia competes with BMW, and since they can get BMW money for a Telluride--they tried to charge my wife 15K over sticker (yes, 15K over sticker)--they can get BMW money for the Stinger also. They only wanted 2K over sticker in my case. Aside from that, the Kia badge turns me off, especially in association with the local radio jingle: we wanna seeya in a keeya! That says econo-box to me, not a BMW (or Dodge) competitor. Like I told the dealer, if you can get BMW money for a Kia, you should definitely sell it for that. I pity the fool who pays it, however.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,001 Times in 4,804 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Quote Originally Posted by agent.theory View Post
    I test drove a 2020 V6 Stinger rear-drive and a 2020 Dodge Charger Scat Pack widebody. I bought the Charger. However, the Stinger handled better, and has a nicer interior. Our particular Hyundai-Kia dealership is convinced that Kia competes with BMW, and since they can get BMW money for a Telluride--they tried to charge my wife 15K over sticker (yes, 15K over sticker)--they can get BMW money for the Stinger also. They only wanted 2K over sticker in my case. Aside from that, the Kia badge turns me off, especially in association with the local radio jingle: we wanna seeya in a keeya! That says econo-box to me, not a BMW (or Dodge) competitor. Like I told the dealer, if you can get BMW money for a Kia, you should definitely sell it for that. I pity the fool who pays it, however.
    15 Grand OVER sticker? Someone is insane.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.--Unattributed

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."--Benjamin Franklin

"The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter."--George Washington

Hidden Content

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,136 Times in 2,642 Posts
    My Ride
    The coffin on wheels
    Just to add some context here, mid and upper trims of Explorer are about $8k-$10K more
    than upper trims in the Kia Telluride, much has been said about the keen pricing of Telluride.
    That dealership trying to charge $15K over sticker needs a dose of reality.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (08-22-2020)

20. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information