GM Inside News Forum banner

2021 Ford Bronco interior spied in clearest photos yet

5K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  jpd80 
#1 ·
2021 Ford Bronco interior spied in clearest photos yet
Ford is getting a bit more casual with the camo as the Bronco's unveiling approaches
BYRON HURD
Jul 7th 2020
autoblog.com

The 2021 Ford Bronco's primetime debut is just a week away, and as we approach the day of reckoning, Ford's development engineers appear to be getting a bit more casual with the camouflage adorning their prototypes.

As a result, spies were able to capture these shots of the new 4x4's interior as it was being unloaded on public roads. This isn't the first look we've gotten at the new Bronco's cabin, but it's quite certainly the best, revealing virtually the entire dashboard and center stack, the wheel, and almost all of the center console.

Ford appears to have consolidated most of the Bronco's off-road controls into two distinct spaces. The first is the rotary dial on the center console on which we can see markers for all four primary drive modes: 2H (two-wheel drive high), 4H (four-wheel drive high), 4L (four-wheel drive low) and 4A, which appears to be a full-time, automatic four-wheel-drive mode, similar to that being offered on some Wrangler variants (Jeep calls it Selec-trac or Rock Trac, depending on the model).

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE

Image courtesy of and credited to autoblog.com

See less See more
#13 · (Edited)
As much as I like the center console oh-**** handle I'd like an A-pillar handle on both sides and a passenger side glove box handle as well.

In some of the other spy photos there are recesses in the A-pillar trim where a handle 'might' be installed.

I'm starting to really like this Bronco a lot more since the teaser shot with all three models.

#27 · (Edited)
Unlike the Wrangler (or even the Ranger), the Bronco gets an electronic hand-brake. Most Fords do as well, including F-150. The Bronco is more electronically advanced than Wrangler or Ranger, including the Sync 4 architecture. I'm not sure if Bronco is getting self driving, but that's a feature only Sync 4 enables and I don't see why not. Much of this comes down to automatic safety features as well, which is often the main imperative driving these amenities. It's the main reason Ford wants all their gear selectors to be dials and/or electronically movable (F-150) so they can be automatically controlled in an emergency scenario. Not sure how Bronco handles that, if it does at all. Many people misinterpret the intent behind the move to fully electronic controls, but it does come with other benefits like automated parking and off-roading features like descent control.

Either way the Bronco is not quite as analog as Wrangler, for better or worse. I can't imagine Bronco is cheaper.

#37 · (Edited)
Trust me, the next gen stuff is on another level.

At the moment there's a couple of Ranger mules getting around with current bodies but with
next gen frames and running gear (V6). they're testing the chassis just like we saw with the
Bronco mules last year. Prototype builds shouldn't be far off.

The evolution of the T6 was already mapped out over ten years ago and intended only for
customers outside of North America. As you can imagine, much has been learned in that
time and combined with the inclusion of America, the T6 project is now massive.
The inclusion of Bronco makes a lot more things possible, especially options for Ranger
and Everest that wouldn't otherwise be possible..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.