2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For - Page 7

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 113

Thread: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

  1. #91
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,048
    Thanks
    6,771
    Thanked 9,299 Times in 4,552 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Not to disrupt the peaceful nature of the current discussion, but WHAT?!?!?! Did someone else insult you because I'm pretty sure that person B, being me...did not insult you...like at all.



    It all depends on how GM cooks the books, does all of the development costs of the truck platforms go against Chevrolet solely or are all costs split evenly between Chevy/GMC an in some cases Cadilla? Truth be told much of all GM operates in this manner w/ the exception of the Cadillac Alpha sedans as everything else has a Chevy counterpart or some variant of.



    Anyway, I guess there's no flex in that styling "Honda-ness" stance you're taking. Like I pointed out earlier, there is nothing Honda-y about the design of this TLX....So to be fair going forward can we chide Cadillac for having Chevy-like interiors or is that comparison off limits?
    It's almost as if you didn't bother looking at it before you made that remark, like the response was pre programmed:
    When I see your posts I always remember you telling me that your opinion is better than mine, so in my eyes you always start with a 10 yard penalty, couple that with the above then I go pretty quickly to insulted. And comments, like you telling me that my opinion is wrong (which you did in this thread), on a topic that is as subjective as styling gets me fired up as well. I stated my opinion but the way you come across is your view is fact.

    Had you just said "I disagree with you, let me post you a picture and tell you why I think it's a great looking car" then I'd be totally fine with that.

    As far as flex in my Honda-ness opinion, most likely there is nothing you can say that will make me say it rivals the 3 Series any more than I can convince you with my views. This will hold true for just about anyone and why there isn't a point in arguing subjective topics at length.

    Ever have a friend who thought his girlfriend was the most beautiful thing on the planet and you see "meh" with an awful personality? Any point in arguing with him? I wouldn't argue with him as love is blind, it's his right to like someone and not my place to tell him who to like and not like.

    I might change my opinion when I see it in the flesh, for example, in general I despise all things Toyota and really disliked the current gen IS when I first saw it in pictures. But, when I saw it in real life it looked very "fresh" and unique and made the 3 Series and C Class look a little old and stuffy next to it. So, if I can change my mind about a Toyota product I can change it for any other brand out there as there isn't a brand I dislike more than Toyota. Well, one brand I hate more and that's Sears, but they virtually wiped themselves off the map.

    As far as "cooking the books", the way a manufacturer of any kind, will allocate development costs on a per unit basis. If a trim piece is solely for a Chevy then it will be allocated 100% to Chevy. But if it is a shared part then costs will be allocated, most likely on units sold. Engineering costs will be the same, most likely they'll develop a per unit cost to allocate the standard cost of the engineering and then at certain points true up the costs to actual based on numbers actually produced. But, that is all internal, therefore a moot topic because we will never see the division results. I'd say internally the numbers will be pretty accurate as they want to gauge how each division is doing and where to properly deploy resources.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #92
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,048
    Thanks
    6,771
    Thanked 9,299 Times in 4,552 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by YEH View Post
    Well, agree that styling/design hasn't been Acura's strong-point, but then again, despite that, would pick an Acura over pretty much any Lexus (aside from the LC 500) based on design.

    Aside from being a total mess design-wise, have you seen the overhang on the RX, much less the RX-L?
    I'm not a fan of Lexus CUV's, to me they are a horrible tangle of angles, overhangs and that overdone grill. But, the cars seem to better accept their styling direction. The IC and RC (or whatever the two seater is called) for example.

  4. #93
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,825
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,239 Posts

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    When I see your posts I always remember you telling me that your opinion is better than mine, so in my eyes you always start with a 10 yard penalty, couple that with the above then I go pretty quickly to insulted. And comments, like you telling me that my opinion is wrong (which you did in this thread), on a topic that is as subjective as styling gets me fired up as well. I stated my opinion but the way you come across is your view is fact.

    Had you just said "I disagree with you, let me post you a picture and tell you why I think it's a great looking car" then I'd be totally fine with that.
    1st things 1st: Telling someone their opinion is wrong =/= insulting them...that's the 2nd time you've accused me of insulting when I did no such thing...at this point how should I communicate w/ you? Should I come up with a system of rainbow and teddy bear emojis to reply to your posts so that you don't get insulted?

    Also, I never said verbatim that my opinion was better than yours...you deduced that on your own. I may have said in jest that I'm never wrong, but never that my opinion meant more than yours. I'm sorry that you interpreted my tongue in cheek remark as a declaration of superiority.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    As far as flex in my Honda-ness opinion, most likely there is nothing you can say that will make me say it rivals the 3 Series any more than I can convince you with my views. This will hold true for just about anyone and why there isn't a point in arguing subjective topics at length.
    There you go again saying that I'm claiming that the TLX rivals the 3, I literally just spelled out an hour ago my stance on the TLX: "it wont look out of place next to a 3" =/= "rivals the 3".

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I might change my opinion when I see it in the flesh, for example, in general I despise all things Toyota and really disliked the current gen IS when I first saw it in pictures. But, when I saw it in real life it looked very "fresh" and unique and made the 3 Series and C Class look a little old and stuffy next to it. So, if I can change my mind about a Toyota product I can change it for any other brand out there as there isn't a brand I dislike more than Toyota. Well, one brand I hate more and that's Sears, but they virtually wiped themselves off the map.
    Ah...and therein lies the root of the problem, you have a bias...I don't (that's not me saying I'm better, I'm just really not biased), I don't care what badge a car wears...I don't hate Toyota, and contrary to popular belief, I don't hate GM/Cadillac...I just want them to do better.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    Ed753 (06-02-2020)

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  7. #94
    6.0 Liter L76 V8 kool1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,057
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1,412 Times in 749 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Cadillac XT5 - 16 Traverse

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovetonsils View Post
    The center part of the dash seems busy, confusing and congested to me.
    Interior is terrible.

    Don't care for the exterior either. I see nothing overly attractive at an Acura dealership other than the NSX.

  8. #95
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,048
    Thanks
    6,771
    Thanked 9,299 Times in 4,552 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    1st things 1st: Telling someone their opinion is wrong =/= insulting them...that's the 2nd time you've accused me of insulting when I did no such thing...at this point how should I communicate w/ you? Should I come up with a system of rainbow and teddy bear emojis to reply to your posts so that you don't get insulted?

    Also, I never said verbatim that my opinion was better than yours...you deduced that on your own. I may have said in jest that I'm never wrong, but never that my opinion meant more than yours. I'm sorry that you interpreted my tongue in cheek remark as a declaration of superiority.



    There you go again saying that I'm claiming that the TLX rivals the 3, I literally just spelled out an hour ago my stance on the TLX: "it wont look out of place next to a 3" =/= "rivals the 3".



    Ah...and therein lies the root of the problem, you have a bias...I don't (that's not me saying I'm better, I'm just really not biased), I don't care what badge a car wears...I don't hate Toyota, and contrary to popular belief, I don't hate GM/Cadillac...I just want them to do better.
    I nicely explained my reaction to your words. I receive back insults (rainbows and teddy bears), denials (I never said that) and you saying you have no biases & indirectly inferring your opinion is better, which, honestly, is BS. Recognizing your biases is the only way you can overcome them, denial of biases is exactly that, denial. I can say I don't like Toyota but take a step back and say they did a nice job with the IS. In other words, you said everything is my fault without taking any ownership of your actions. I'm done. And yes, we were talking about styling, I am aware of that, I didn't think I needed to reiterate what we are talking about.

    Re-read your response and ponder why a few GMI members have you on their ignore list.

    Also look at my interactions with other people on this thread regarding "Hondaness" and how it was just a civil back and forth exchange of ideas vs our interaction which I find to be nothing but frustrating. I come on GMI to have adult exchanges, not what our past several exchanges have been. We are on a public chat board, there is no body language or other social cues to help interpret our words, therefor the words we write must be civil and clear. Just like I can say I know many other members don't want to see this bickering back and forth, for that I apologize, but I do not apologize for standing up for myself.

  9. #96
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,825
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,239 Posts

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    I nicely explained my reaction to your words. I receive back insults (rainbows and teddy bears), denials (I never said that) and you saying you have no biases & indirectly inferring your opinion is better, which, honestly, is BS. Recognizing your biases is the only way you can overcome them, denial of biases is exactly that, denial. I can say I don't like Toyota but take a step back and say they did a nice job with the IS. In other words, you said everything is my fault without taking any ownership of your actions. I'm done. And yes, we were talking about styling, I am aware of that, I didn't think I needed to reiterate what we are talking about.

    Re-read your response and ponder why a few GMI members have you on their ignore list.

    Also look at my interactions with other people on this thread regarding "Hondaness" and how it was just a civil back and forth exchange of ideas vs our interaction which I find to be nothing but frustrating. I come on GMI to have adult exchanges, not what our past several exchanges have been. We are on a public chat board, there is no body language or other social cues to help interpret our words, therefor the words we write must be civil and clear. Just like I can say I know many other members don't want to see this bickering back and forth, for that I apologize, but I do not apologize for standing up for myself.
    Here is something you should know about me...I don't give a flying eff that 46 and counting members have me on ignore, this is my thing, I'm not disrespectful in my posts (sans mbuk and neaderthal, but I got my reasons), I don't attack individuals, I attack the post... I get my point across and back up most of my points with evidence...i.e. I show my work, kinda like what you didn't do when you claimed a while back Toyota was fleet dumping. The other 44, that have me on ignore just maybe cant stand someone who has a differing point of view, like I said, I don't hate any brand, I don't like lackluster products but you'll never see me cheerleading for a brand just because it's brand "X". I will not apologize for that.

    So if someone else reads this and decided to put ME on ignore, I say have at it, you probably didn't have it in you to have a discussion with me anyway. To you I say good day, and really you need to do something about that inferiority complex.

    And to go further, I think it's a low blow to mention someone's ignored status, maybe people should start ignoring you since you're the one baselessly claiming a Honda-ness about a design that looks nothing like a Honda.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 06-01-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    Ed753 (06-02-2020)

  11. #97
    News Contributor BlackGTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,048
    Thanks
    6,771
    Thanked 9,299 Times in 4,552 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Here is something you should know about me...I don't give a flying eff that 46 and counting members have me on ignore, this is my thing, I'm not disrespectful in my posts (sans mbuk and neaderthal, but I got my reasons), I don't attack individuals, I attack the post... I get my point across and back up most of my points with evidence...i.e. I show my work, kinda like what you didn't do when you claimed a while back Toyota was fleet dumping. The other 44, that have me on ignore just maybe cant stand someone who has a differing point of view, like I said, I don't hate any brand, I don't like lackluster products but you'll never see me cheerleading for a brand just because it's brand "X". I will not apologize for that.

    So if someone else reads this and decided to put ME on ignore, I say have at it, you probably didn't have it in you to have a discussion with me anyway. To you I say good day, and really you need to do something about that inferiority complex.

    And to go further, I think it's a low blow to mention someone's ignored status, maybe people should start ignoring you since you're the one baselessly claiming a Honda-ness about a design that looks nothing like a Honda.
    Dude, all this nonsense because I don't like cauliflower and because you do like it, I have to like it.

    12 years on this board and you are the first person that I'm going to put on the ignore list. Because you need to play the victim and not listen to what I'm saying, there will be yet another pair of ears not listening to your voice.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackGTP For This Useful Post:

    1958carnut (06-02-2020),Neanderthal (06-02-2020),Vagon11 (06-02-2020)

  13. #98
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,825
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,239 Posts

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Dude, all this nonsense because I don't like cauliflower and because you do like it, I have to like it.

    12 years on this board and you are the first person that I'm going to put on the ignore list. Because you need to play the victim and not listen to what I'm saying, there will be yet another pair of ears not listening to your voice.
    No....all of this because you have thin skin and complain that someone is insulting you when they're clearly not...on top of that, you did it a 3rd time after I pointed it out that you did it a 2nd and I'm playing the victim, you not only have an inferiority complex but you also clearly have a problem w/ projecting your own faults onto others. Later dude.

    And also, don't care if its another set of ears not listening or reading my posts...this place is dead anyway so you're just putting more dirt on the coffin by shutting out discussion.

    The fuuuged up part was I was ready to let the whole exchange go until I read this gem of a post saying this whole thing started when I insulted you, I challenge anyone to go back and suffer through the exchange to find a sdotjeezy insult directed at GTP prior to this post...

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGTP View Post
    Ed, it was a conversation between A and B that started off with B insulting me. We ended it in what I think was an ok place.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 06-05-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

  14. #99
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,752
    Thanks
    602
    Thanked 650 Times in 427 Posts

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    ^^^It's Acura, its what they do...it's what they've always done. They haven't gone through any so called "rebirths" where they announced their intentions to take on the Euros...they have a lane, they know their lane, and for the most part they stick to their lane.

    Also, they've done well in their attempts to hide its FWD underpinnings. The cab rearward design with the long hood definitely hides the typical FWD proportions very well.
    So they are trying not to be what Cadillac been trying to do for 2 decades.

  15. #100
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,825
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,239 Posts

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by 69gtsdart View Post
    So they are trying not to be what Cadillac been trying to do for 2 decades.
    Yep...and without throwing billions of dollars at multiple failed efforts. They know their place. This TLX at its slowest will be at least a mid 5 0-60, 14s 1/4 car and with the T6 should get low to mid 4s and a 13s 1/4...then add the SHAWD system and itll have some tricks up its sleeve for the twisties. At a sub 50k price...it could be a bargain.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    richmond2000 (06-02-2020)

  17. #101
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,418
    Thanks
    12,794
    Thanked 8,681 Times in 5,080 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For




    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  18. #102
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 richmond2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Winterpeg
    Posts
    9,074
    Thanks
    11,069
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 1,344 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 RAM 1500 HEMI

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    IMHO as far as I am concerned the "tier" 1 VS 2 is more of a LACK of "uber expensive" models no S class / 7 series / S8 ETC
    but as far as I am concerned BMW AND Merc all make "premium" cars NO better then Buick OR Acura
    Merc "B" Class / CLA
    BMW 1/2 series
    Audi A4 are NO better than Volvo / Buick OR Acura

    as for "Honda-ness"
    almost Guarantee the Engine will be a brilliant revving happy thing with "fun" handling and NOT as quiet as the competition - and looks to me to be designed by the same team

    CADDY shares a LOT of "DNA" from GM INCLUDING Chevy traits

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to richmond2000 For This Useful Post:

    Ed753 (06-02-2020)

  20. #103
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Ed753's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,418
    Thanks
    12,794
    Thanked 8,681 Times in 5,080 Posts
    My Ride
    2018 GMC Sierra Crew 6 1/2'

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by richmond2000 View Post
    IMHO as far as I am concerned the "tier" 1 VS 2 is more of a LACK of "uber expensive" models no S class / 7 series / S8 ETC
    but as far as I am concerned BMW AND Merc all make "premium" cars NO better then Buick OR Acura
    Merc "B" Class / CLA
    BMW 1/2 series
    Audi A4 are NO better than Volvo / Buick OR Acura

    as for "Honda-ness"
    almost Guarantee the Engine will be a brilliant revving happy thing with "fun" handling and NOT as quiet as the competition - and looks to me to be designed by the same team

    CADDY shares a LOT of "DNA" from GM INCLUDING Chevy traits
    Agree, so "Halo Effect"? This where the Corvette makes the Cruze better than the Civic, right?
    Current: Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Past: '17 Cruze; '15 F150; '14 Volt; '13 MKX; '13 Silverado; '13 Fusion; '11 Ram; '10 Commander; '08 Sierra; '07 Rendezvous; '05 Ram; '04 Grand Cherokee; '03 F150; '01 Silverado; '00 Jimmy; '99 Sierra; '97 Ram; '96 Mustang GT; '96 Jimmy; '90 Escort GT; '89 Ranger; '84 Omni; '76 Malibu; '78 LeMans; '85 Escort; '82 Lynx; '75 Sierra

  21. #104
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 IROCNROL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, Iowa
    Posts
    3,210
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 706 Times in 343 Posts
    My Ride
    2020 Camaro/Now on hold. :(

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
    Yikes!

    Interesting fact: the original Acura dealership network in the U.S. was a project spearheaded by American Honda manager Jack Billmyer, who signed up Honda dealers for Acura franchises starting in 1986. Billmyer was quite a character. He had a penchant for disrespecting his employer, showing up at Honda and Acura dealerships and at American Honda offices driving a non-Honda vehicle (usually Ford or GM), and pulling his subordinates out of corporate meetings with Honda executives from Japan whenever he felt like it.

    Oh yes, he also had a penchant for something else: bribery and other felonious acts. Billmyer apparently expected an envelope containing thousands of dollars in cash before approving a dealer's franchise. One dealer allegedly paid for Billmyer's home swimming pool among other "gifts".

    Billmyer, who retired from Honda in 1988, was convicted of racketeering and fraud in 1995 and spent five years in the slammer. He passed away in 2003.

    You had me at 'penchant'. An innocent word that for some reason is inexorably linked to negative connotations.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1958carnut View Post
    It looks nice for a "glorified Honda". It's what the Buick Verano should have been.
    Not sure if you're allowed to call it a tarted up Honda or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Here is something you should know about me...I don't give a flying eff that 46 and counting members have me on ignore, this is my thing, I'm not disrespectful in my posts (sans mbuk and neaderthal, but I got my reasons), I don't attack individuals, I attack the post... I get my point across and back up most of my points with evidence...i.e. I show my work, kinda like what you didn't do when you claimed a while back Toyota was fleet dumping. The other 44, that have me on ignore just maybe cant stand someone who has a differing point of view, like I said, I don't hate any brand, I don't like lackluster products but you'll never see me cheerleading for a brand just because it's brand "X". I will not apologize for that.

    So if someone else reads this and decided to put ME on ignore, I say have at it, you probably didn't have it in you to have a discussion with me anyway. To you I say good day, and really you need to do something about that inferiority complex.

    And to go further, I think it's a low blow to mention someone's ignored status, maybe people should start ignoring you since you're the one baselessly claiming a Honda-ness about a design that looks nothing like a Honda.
    Do you actually know how many have you on ignore or is your tongue still in your cheek? Personally, I have zero people on ignore. I can make decisions on reading posts as I go.


    Now then, to the matter at hand. This is NOT the Sport Sedan I've been waiting for. Especially since I didn't even know I was waiting for one. If I were, I'd probably go with the Kia Stinger. Then I wouldn't have to worry about anyone mistaking it for a Hyundai. That's important. I suppose.
    It sounded pretty good until I actually said it.

  22. #105
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,825
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,239 Posts

    Re: 2021 Acura TLX Arrives As The Sport Sedan We've Been Waiting For

    Quote Originally Posted by IROCNROL1 View Post
    You had me at 'penchant'. An innocent word that for some reason is inexorably linked to negative connotations.



    Not sure if you're allowed to call it a tarted up Honda or not.



    Do you actually know how many have you on ignore or is your tongue still in your cheek? Personally, I have zero people on ignore. I can make decisions on reading posts as I go.


    Now then, to the matter at hand. This is NOT the Sport Sedan I've been waiting for. Especially since I didn't even know I was waiting for one. If I were, I'd probably go with the Kia Stinger. Then I wouldn't have to worry about anyone mistaking it for a Hyundai. That's important. I suppose.
    I just assume that everyone who navigates to my profile does so to throw me on ignore, that and I kinda notice who responds to and doesn't respond to my posts...apparently there has been a behind the scenes PM movement (outed by CMiatso) to ignore me. - fug...I guess that does mean I care :-(. I guess I'm getting the Gregg Botts treatment.

    I like the Stinger for what it is, but there are some design elements I'm not that much of a fan of, and on top of that, it is a pretty expensive KIA even w/ my employer "Vendor" discount. I prefer the G70 to the Stinger.
    Last edited by sdotjeezy; 06-02-2020 at 03:39 PM.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

    JimmyDiablo (06-02-2020)

  24. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2