My Chevy SS M6, Day Two. - Page 15

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: My Chevy SS M6, Day Two.

Walking
    Thanks

Re: My Chevy SS M6, Day Two.

How many miles racked up on it?

I'm still kicking myself for not snagging a 2017 when I had the chance. Heck, we even had a 2014 with 3400 miles get traded in and I blew that too...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

As I grew older, I've come to appreciate the stealthiness of the SS. I remember trashing the SSs appearance vs the 12-14 Charger and in hindsight feel like a dolt. That generation of Charger didn't age well but the SS
    still looks good to this day.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '17 Nissan Versa Note

Hidden Content

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdotjeezy For This Useful Post:

JimmyDiablo (06-25-2019),ryannel2003 (06-29-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

There's this elderly lady that lives near me that said she'd sell me her Black SS if she ever got rid of it because I always compliment it. Long story short her grandson moved in with her and I see him driving it at times and he's in his 20's so I know that car is driven hard now. That was my chance right there for a gently used one. *sigh* I would definitely replace my G8 with one if I came across one of these hidden treasures.
    RedSkyBlackDream

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 1,724 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    That was my chance right there for a gently used one. *sigh*
    That's no way to talk about her grandson.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JimmyDiablo For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (06-29-2019),RedSkyBlackDream (06-29-2019),ryannel2003 (06-29-2019)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 fastrehotrods's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 771 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Ram Sport 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkyBlackDream View Post
    There's this elderly lady that lives near me that said she'd sell me her Black SS if she ever got rid of it because I always compliment it. Long story short her grandson moved in with her and I see him driving it at times and he's in his 20's so I know that car is driven hard now. That was my chance right there for a gently used one. *sigh* I would definitely replace my G8 with one if I came across one of these hidden treasures.
    As much as I like the SS, and think it was a cool (although not thrilling) car, I'd never buy one just because of the friends who have had difficulties getting parts for their GTO's and G8's. I've had friends that had to wait months before they found used parts that could be used on their cars, some didn't find any at all... specifically the 06 GTO rear lower bumper trim plate, and the G8 GXP front bumper. The SS seems to be more "exclusive" than either of those as well, and of the few that sold, most of them are probably pampered in the garage, so the salvage market is probably slim to none.
    The Stable: 2014 Ram Sport 4x4 with 18" Method Racing MR310's wrapped in 35's, 71 Firebird Formula 455 Ridetech equipped, 57 Ford Custom 300, 66 GTO 4 speed, 67 Camaro LT1/T56, 70 El Camino, 71 Camaro future LSX, 82 Z28, 63 Thunderbird, 75 Pontiac Astre GT 406, 65 Dart 318, 87 S10 Blazer, 88 Silverado, 58 Edsel Pacer, 64 Volvo 544. Past: 98 Trans Am 6 speed-432 rwhp, 71 Chevelle SS 454, 71 Camaro 350/4 speed, 66 Mustang 393/T5, 86 GMC Jimmy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fastrehotrods For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (06-29-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    Cruze 2.0L Turbo Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by fastrehotrods View Post
    As much as I like the SS, and think it was a cool (although not thrilling) car, I'd never buy one just because of the friends who have had difficulties getting parts for their GTO's and G8's. I've had friends that had to wait months before they found used parts that could be used on their cars, some didn't find any at all... specifically the 06 GTO rear lower bumper trim plate, and the G8 GXP front bumper. The SS seems to be more "exclusive" than either of those as well, and of the few that sold, most of them are probably pampered in the garage, so the salvage market is probably slim to none.
    Know some people with G8 GTs too. Believe they were saying stuff like rear quarters are getting hard to find now. Other than some low end interior material I really like riding/driving those cars and the low belt line is a big reason. Chassis balance is very good as well. Just more of GMs missed opportunities like not bringing the Caprice PPV to civilian market.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowboy For This Useful Post:

RedSkyBlackDream (06-29-2019)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '05 300C - '09 G8

The two comments above are precisely why my G8 is not in the city of Chicago parked at my building and rather garaged in the suburbs at my brothers house with my 89 Caprice and my 91 Deville.
    RedSkyBlackDream

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,053 Times in 3,224 Posts

I hear from people at least a couple times a month, "stop driving it and put it away". I get it, but I bought it to be my daily driver.

No future parts is a worry. In the meantime, I'll keep driving it. There literally is no V8, manual trans car available for me to replace it with, so I'll probably drive it forever.
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Z284ever For This Useful Post:

Lowboy (06-29-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,793 Times in 1,829 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Lowboy View Post
    Know some people with G8 GTs too. Believe they were saying stuff like rear quarters are getting hard to find now. Other than some low end interior material I really like riding/driving those cars and the low belt line is a big reason. Chassis balance is very good as well. Just more of GMs missed opportunities like not bringing the Caprice PPV to civilian market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z284ever View Post
    I hear from people at least a couple times a month, "stop driving it and put it away". I get it, but I bought it to be my daily driver.

No future parts is a worry. In the meantime, I'll keep driving it. There literally is no V8, manual trans car available for me to replace it with, so I'll probably drive it forever.
    It's good to hear this from you two. I also still believe GM has missed the boat on this and a few other things, some of which we currently discuss here.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,077 Times in 3,860 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Camaro, Corvette, Challenger, Mustang?

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...cars/?slide=40
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 06-29-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

GMI Camaro Forum Moderator Premium Member Z284ever's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,053 Times in 3,224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    Camaro, Corvette, Challenger, Mustang?

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...cars/?slide=40
    With a usable back seat and trunk.....
    Pony Car: an affordable, compact, highly styled car with a sporty or performance-oriented image and an available V8.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,077 Times in 3,860 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

With a usable back seat and trunk.....
    Challenger.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

Z284ever (06-29-2019)

21. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415