GM Inside News Forum banner

10 Years

9K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  61BelAir 
#1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to say a few words.

Today is 06/05/2020. Just another day for us all, but this one marks my 10 year anniversary on GMI. I actually vividly remember making my account while sitting in Marketing I in 10th grade being bored out of my mind. Scary to think how fast time goes by. 10th grade was 10 years ago. My God. I'm getting old!

The aforementioned 10 years on GMI has been so much fun. From being the first person to review the Cadillac ATS in the world to being the first person to bitch about the CT6's interior... it's been a blast. We all have had arguments and disagreements, but deep down we all love cars and each other. Which is the way it should be!!!

I've met some amazing people on this site and forged some lifelong friendships as a result. Thank you. Every single one of you.

Here's to another 10 amazing years!

-Luke

#2 ·
To 10 more, Luke. Glad you're here. And you're practically a neighbor.

Just stay off my lawn!!

#7 · (Edited)
Careful, Ed. Envoy is a pilot, don't be surprised if you find some air mail delivery "presents" :001_9898::laugh:in your back yard.

Maybe Envoy was doing graduate work and now has double PhDs in hi skool studies. That's where I screwed up, I didn't stick around hi skool long enough! Wasted youth.:confused:

#8 ·
Congrats on the 10 years for some reason I thought you were here longer than that though... times flies!

Reactions: mgescuro
#9 ·
:friday: Cheers! Hope all is well. Be Safe!!

#10 ·
Well, guys, I guess we've chased Luke off for another 10 years. Do we need to put out an APB for him? :confused:

Reactions: Andrew L
#20 ·
Sheesh. Feels like you've been on here longer than that.
I joined in 2003, in the middle of my MBA program. I needed some information for a product marketing project.
That was a long long long time ago.

I'd been off the site for a number of year because my global travels didn't allow for much time.
But thanks to Covid, much of 2020 was spent not traveling (or working).

But the new job now is not nearly as hectic as my last one, which, in many ways is a life saver. Far less stress for me.
But whenever the offices reopen, I'll have a commute again down to the heart of Silicon Valley. (booooo...)

#22 ·
Nice to see the old-times reminiscing around the campfire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.