GM Inside News Forum banner

Ugh... Liftgate rear spoiler and glass issue... Not thrilled...

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  gm4life08 
#1 ·
Rewinding to this past July and having a vacation particially ruined because of GM, due to a bad battery on my prior Yukon. (Well under warranty) Now even though GM never made it right... I traded for a new one because the price was right. With all this fresh in my mind...

So a little over a month ago, my family decided to upgrade the 2015 Yukon SLE 4WD to a 2018 Yukon SLE 4WD with the max trailer package, 20’s and the convenience package... All of the things our families prior ‘15 was missing. We got a fair trade and the price on the new one was right... Was thrilled until now...

Now visiting family over the holiday tonight... I innocently go to open the rear glass part of the liftgate only and put a package away. Keep in mind it is 25 degrees outside the glass lift gate portion wouldn’t close. I tried again and finally got it to close, but it is clear the spoiler and glass weren’t connected properly. Now the spoiler is not correctly hooked to the rear glass and the spoiler is not seated properly. The spoiler is propped up and too much of the rear wiper is showing. The little connection pieces and brackets are clearly not hooked in. Is this a common issue?

In my years with my ‘15 this never was an issue. I opened the rear glass portion countless times and this was never an issue.

Alas now I get to go to a dealer to make this right... Maybe someone at GM can help make this right for me - get the liftgate resolved and rehash the totally unacceptable treatment on the battery debacle.

Ugh just another disappointment. Maybe someone cares around these parts. End of rant.

See less See more
#3 ·
They did... The repair was done well. Just disappointed in the fact it happened in the first place.

Reactions: 1999 White C5 Coupe
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.