2018 GMC Terrain SLT Rusted Body, Electrical Issues, Loose Body Panels - AVOID!!!!!!

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2018 GMC Terrain SLT Rusted Body, Electrical Issues, Loose Body Panels - AVOID!!!!!!

Walking
    Thanks

2018 GMC Terrain SLT Rusted Body, Electrical Issues, Loose Body Panels - AVOID!!!!!!

Got a lemon.

It had rust within 1 year of driving it, which needed to be repaired over wheel wells (probably elsewhere too but I just can't see it). Has a serious electrical issue that power cuts to vehicle completely for a second or two when trying to come out of autostop and then several error messages regarding steering, brakes, traction - which tells me those components probably temporarily lost power as well. Tried to fix it no less than 5 times - replaced fuse block, replaced steering gear, fixed a bunch of plugs etc etc... problem still won't go away. Went for a drive on a typical winter day, a wheel well panel shifted back towards the front passenger door, which then buckled when the door opened (warranty won't fix that one). Been talking to GM head office for FIVE MONTHS. I call them constantly. They are doing absolutely nothing. Offered to trade in at GMC they are giving me rock bottom offer "because the vehicle has issues" - and yet its only halfway through warranty. Worst experience ever. Do NOT spend this kind of money on this piece of garbage and such awful customer service. Apparently this is built to their factory standard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,665 Times in 3,707 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Re: 2018 GMC Terrain SLT Rusted Body, Electrical Issues, Loose Body Panels - AVOID!!!

you sure its not a toyota?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2018 VW Tiguan S wifes

Re: 2018 GMC Terrain SLT Rusted Body, Electrical Issues, Loose Body Panels - AVOID!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reka View Post
    Got a lemon.

It had rust within 1 year of driving it, which needed to be repaired over wheel wells (probably elsewhere too but I just can't see it). Has a serious electrical issue that power cuts to vehicle completely for a second or two when trying to come out of autostop and then several error messages regarding steering, brakes, traction - which tells me those components probably temporarily lost power as well. Tried to fix it no less than 5 times - replaced fuse block, replaced steering gear, fixed a bunch of plugs etc etc... problem still won't go away. Went for a drive on a typical winter day, a wheel well panel shifted back towards the front passenger door, which then buckled when the door opened (warranty won't fix that one). Been talking to GM head office for FIVE MONTHS. I call them constantly. They are doing absolutely nothing. Offered to trade in at GMC they are giving me rock bottom offer "because the vehicle has issues" - and yet its only halfway through warranty. Worst experience ever. Do NOT spend this kind of money on this piece of garbage and such awful customer service. Apparently this is built to their factory standard.
    Why no lemon law then?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to linton23 For This Useful Post:

TruckMan (03-24-2020)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,301 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

Quote Originally Posted by linton23 View Post
    Why no lemon law then?
    Sounds like what most normal people would do, but that doesn't make a good story.
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TruckMan For This Useful Post:

Citation84 (04-29-2020),mbukukanyau (03-24-2020)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    CTS-Vagon/11/BD/VetGS/19/white

Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    Sounds like what most normal people would do, but that doesn't make a good story.
    Sounds like a flood car.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vagon11 For This Useful Post:

Citation84 (04-29-2020),Larkbill (03-25-2020)

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reka View Post
    Got a lemon.

If you purchased new, lawyer up and go through the Lemon Law process...You're not going to get any other useful information from here.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 TruckMan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,301 Posts
    My Ride
    2015 Sierra Denali 6.2L

Quote Originally Posted by Vagon11 View Post
    Sounds like a flood car.
    I was thinking that too.
    GMI Site Rules: 11. "Trolling", or making posts with the sole intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. We define trolling as a member that appears to have the sole purpose of posting just to spite the majority of the site or cause flame wars in threads they participate in. PLEASE respect differing opinions on the site at all times!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,544 Times in 1,904 Posts
    My Ride
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti

Quote Originally Posted by TruckMan View Post
    I was thinking that too.
    Yeah, OP doesn't say if it was purchased new or used. This makes just a little bit of difference...
    1989 Merkur XR4Ti
    2014 Carlisle Ford Nationals - Merkur Club of America Preservation Award

Hidden Content

2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum... Princess Buttercup IV
    2015 Chevy Cruze Diesel... Many thanks to VW for making this deal possible.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eaton53 For This Useful Post:

Citation84 (04-29-2020),Larkbill (03-25-2020),richmond2000 (03-25-2020)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Lone Star Skipper Evinrude 35

Lots of unanswered questions here and not much information.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Larkbill For This Useful Post:

1999 White C5 Coupe (04-10-2020)

Walking
    Thanks

Maybe he's in Canada? We have no lemon law here, a co-worker is trying to get his Telluride bought back and had to open a case with an independent organization called CAMVAP arbitrators.

Went through a lemon GMC Acadia back in 2007, the sunroof leaked from day one and several repairs only lasted a short time, then the electrical gremlins started. The dealership itself came to bat and let me trade it for another with $2500 on my end, to be fair the new one we got had a few more options.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2018 VW Tiguan S wifes

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha and Omega View Post
    Maybe he's in Canada? We have no lemon law here, a co-worker is trying to get his Telluride bought back and had to open a case with an independent organization called CAMVAP arbitrators.

Went through a lemon GMC Acadia back in 2007, the sunroof leaked from day one and several repairs only lasted a short time, then the electrical gremlins started. The dealership itself came to bat and let me trade it for another with $2500 on my end, to be fair the new one we got had a few more options.
    Had a customer in here the other day with a leaking sunroof in a Buick Enclave we could not find the leak. It was an older one he said he would fix it. He put silicone all the way around the sunroof seal. A week later he came back it was still leaking turns our it was a bad windshield seal at the top of the windshield.

19. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information