2015 Malibu 3ed engine........

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: 2015 Malibu 3ed engine........

Walking
    Thanks

2015 Malibu 3ed engine........

Does anyone know anything about 2015 Malibu 2.0t engine issues? My car is on the third engine so far with only 70k on the car. The first engine scattered at 45k the second at 54k and now the correct engine is making a horrible ticking noise with the oil cap off also spews oil with excessive blow by....

I have contacted gm through a lemon law attorney and they offered me 1500 for my troubles.

Does anyone have any other alternatives I could try? I’m not trying to get rich or anything I honestly just want the car gone! Before the warranty runs out and I have to buy a 6 thousand dollar engine myself.
    I have been a gm lover my entire life, but this car has got me so mad I doubt I will ever buy another one ever again! I mean 3 engines?! Am I over reacting or is this a valid complaint?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,928 Times in 3,349 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Re: 2015 Malibu 3ed engine........

A paid Hyundai Bot

Thanks
    Thanked 8,182 Times in 4,078 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

Do you need a new car or a new mechanic?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks
    You caught me! Paid bot..... I do not want either. I bought the car in October of 15. Both engines have been installed under warranty by Marhofer Chevy in stow. However after 2 engines, electrical issues, an ecm, and various other parts. Iv had it with this car! And I do not want to have to pay for another 6k engine install when this next one decides to let loose! The car is under a 100k 5 year warranty. However at this point I have gotten no help from gm about the car as I fear it will cost me thousands in the future! I was simply just wondering if anyone has had similar issues with these engines in this car (as I don’t see many 2.0t Malibu’s) and also if anyone has any advice on how I could contact gm and actually get help.

As I stated before. Am I being over dramatic? Or is 2 engines under 70k a big deal? Because to me that’s unnecessary?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,825 Posts
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1256 View Post
    You caught me! Paid bot..... I do not want either. I bought the car in October of 15. Both engines have been installed under warranty by Marhofer Chevy in stow. However after 2 engines, electrical issues, an ecm, and various other parts. Iv had it with this car! And I do not want to have to pay for another 6k engine install when this next one decides to let loose! The car is under a 100k 5 year warranty. However at this point I have gotten no help from gm about the car as I fear it will cost me thousands in the future! I was simply just wondering if anyone has had similar issues with these engines in this car (as I don’t see many 2.0t Malibu’s) and also if anyone has any advice on how I could contact gm and actually get help.

As I stated before. Am I being over dramatic? Or is 2 engines under 70k a big deal? Because to me that’s unnecessary?
    You've either been very, very unlucky - or there's been abuse or failure to service - I assume the former.

If your dealership rebuilt the first engine, and that failed, you should be questioning their ability.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruperts Trooper For This Useful Post:

CJH (11-23-2019)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    A paid Hyundai Bot
    The good news is he will be gone in two weeks.

Walking
    Thanks
    Obviously a bot. Ignore my dog he loves pictures! Thanks ruperts. It was actually a new crate engine both times. The first failure was a complete catastrophe. The second was also not rebuildable as metal shavings destroyed the engine over time. My assumption is that they reused the turbo or intercooler or radiator without flushing them out and checking before reinstalling. However after the first oil change I noticed it has excessive blow by and what sounds to be loud top end chatter. U may be right about the dealer however the only reason I used them is because it was the only dealer that would give me a loaner! Everywhere els wanted me to wait 3-5 weeks for an opening!
    Attached Images Attached Images

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 2,099 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Obviously a bot. Ignore my dog he loves pictures! Thanks ruperts. It was actually a new crate engine both times. The first failure was a complete catastrophe. The second was also not rebuildable as metal shavings destroyed the engine over time. My assumption is that they reused the turbo or intercooler or radiator without flushing them out and checking before reinstalling. However after the first oil change I noticed it has excessive blow by and what sounds to be loud top end chatter. U may be right about the dealer however the only reason I used them is because it was the only dealer that would give me a loaner! Everywhere els wanted me to wait 3-5 weeks for an opening!
    One way or another I sure as Hell, once the fiasco is over, wouldn't ever go back or give them another chance at anything.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Extreme4x4's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,245 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport

Sorry about the car. Unfortunately, there are lemons, and it sounds like you got one. Then, to add insult, your dealership service is inept. I hope the situation gets resolved, or you get rid of it.

On a side note................. LOVE the Rottie. We are a Rottie family. A house is not a home without one. Happy Thanksgiving.
    The resident "girl"

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information