World premiere of all-new Mazda6 Wagon

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: World premiere of all-new Mazda6 Wagon

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Quest's Avatar
    Thanks

World premiere of all-new Mazda6 Wagon

World premiere of all-new Mazda6 Wagon at 2012 Paris Motor Show.

The all-new Mazda6 Wagon will premiere at the 2012 Paris Motor Show, starting on September 27. And exhibiting alongside it will be our all-new Mazda6 Sedan, which we unveiled at the Moscow Motor Show on 29 August. Both cars will go on sale in Europe later in 2012.

The two models on show in Paris will feature our new SKYACTIV-D 2.2 litre diesel engine, which is available with 150 PS or 175 PS of power. Both engines comply with Euro6, the most stringent European emissions standards.

For drivers preferring a petrol engine, the Mazda6 Wagon and Mazda6 Sedan will also be available with our SKYACTIV-G 2.0 litre (145 PS or 165 PS) and SKYACTIV-G 2.5 litre (192 PS) direct-injection petrol engines.

As our new flagship model, the Mazda6 is the second in our new generation of cars to incorporate the full array of our SKYACTIV technologies and ‘KODO – Soul of Motion’ design theme. It’s this blend of design, craftsmanship and technology that gives the new Mazda6 such an outstanding environmental and safety performance. For example, it includes our pioneering i-ELOOP technology, which powers the car’s electrics using energy generated when decelerating. And it also offers among the most advanced safety technologies on the road.
    Autoblog Via Mazda PR
    Any rigidity by an automobile manufacturer, no matter how large or how well established, is severely penalized in the market.
    -Alfred P. Sloan Jr. (1965) My Years with General Motors.

Longitudinal powertrain Audi vehicles with quattro are indistinguishable from RWD vehicles with Full-Time AWD; both meet the criteria to be labeled RWD/AWD - to argue otherwise is a “logical fallacy” (argumentum ad logicam). Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: World premiere of all-new Mazda6 Wagon

Mazda6 Set to Make World-First i-eloop Technology Standard Across Range
    Sept 11, 2012: Mazda has claimed a world-first with confirmation that its capacitor-based i-ELOOP brake energy regeneration system will be standard across the entire All-New Mazda6 range.
    i-ELOOP is the world’s first example of a capacitor being used to power the vehicle’s electrical systems in a passenger car and works by storing kinetic energy as soon as the driver’s foot is lifted off the accelerator.
    Energy is stored in the capacitor and used to power the climate control, audio system and numerous other electrical components throughout the car, saving fuel in the process.
    With both sedan and wagon models of the All-New Mazda6 set to make their Australian debut at the upcoming Australian International Motor Show, Mazda has also announced the availability of new powertrain options.
    Alongside the highly-regarded SKYACTIV-D 2.2 litre diesel engine that features on the Mazda CX-5, the All-New Mazda6 range will also offer the new SKYACTIV-G 2.5 litre petrol engine for the first time.
    Maximum outputs for the new SKYACTIV-G 2.5 litre petrol engine, using regular unleaded fuel, are 138kW (185 hp) and 250Nm (184 lb.-ft.). This represents a 10 per cent increase in power and an 11 per cent increase in torque over the current petrol-powered Mazda6.
    The Auto Channel
    i-ELOOP Mazda PR.
    Last edited by Quest; 09-27-2012 at 09:03 AM. Reason: addt'l
    Any rigidity by an automobile manufacturer, no matter how large or how well established, is severely penalized in the market.

Longitudinal powertrain Audi vehicles with quattro are indistinguishable from RWD vehicles with Full-Time AWD; both meet the criteria to be labeled RWD/AWD - to argue otherwise is a “logical fallacy” (argumentum ad logicam). Hidden Content

Thanks

Last edited by Quest; 09-27-2012 at 01:27 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Once upon a time there was a sexy midsize who thought it was the hottest in the land......

Fusion: Mirror Mirror on the wall, what is the sexist midsize sedan of all?

Mirror: ...... the new Mazda 6 .....booya

Love this car .....love it!. The wagon is ultra hawt. Who in their right mind would rather a puggy CUV than that Wagon? Seriously?

Pitty they stopped building it on this side of the pond, it strikes it off my list

Thanks

One thing of note that I think really catches my eye on this is the wheel to fender/door distance ratios. This thing looks very RWD for a FWD car. That and the Asian chick in the video is smokin ....mind you I'm in a bit of trance over this car right now.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

At first view my mind actually told me XF Sportbrake , and this car may indeed lead the class for design. Unfortunately for Mazda the current 6 is also a very good looking car, and is offered with smooth potent V6 power yet it sales at a level that only a car like the Suzuki Kisashi would be jealous of.
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    At first view my mind actually told me XF Sportbrake , and this car may indeed lead the class for design. Unfortunately for Mazda the current 6 is also a very good looking car, and is offered with smooth potent V6 power yet it sales at a level that only a car like the Suzuki Kisashi would be jealous of.
    the current 6 doesn't do anything for me, at all...nada, zilch. I always felt like something was off and disjointed in the design. Your right, it sales have been dismal at best. Seems obvious to discontinue manufacturing here based on the volume. But...this thing has me panting like a school boy that just saw the new girl in town.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuMPy View Post
    One thing of note that I think really catches my eye on this is the wheel to fender/door distance ratios. This thing looks very RWD for a FWD car. That and the Asian chick in the video is smokin ....mind you I'm in a bit of trance over this car right now.
    Lol – good stuff JuMPy. I agree about the proportions of the new 6; for a transverse front driver it has an excellent dash-to-axle ratio. As for the cute cellist… enjoy ;-)

Her youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/demix500...e=results_main

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar donmateo's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Impala LTZ, '82 K10

Would love it if we started to get more wagons over here. I don't get how you can justift a G63 AMG, but not a few wagons.
    Hey, you gotta watch that man...He'll go coastal on ya

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) germeezy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

the current 6 doesn't do anything for me, at all...nada, zilch. I always felt like something was off and disjointed in the design. Your right, it sales have been dismal at best. Seems obvious to discontinue manufacturing here based on the volume. But...this thing has me panting like a school boy that just saw the new girl in town.
    I am concerned of there being no mention yet of any alternative powerplants to the 2.0 SkyActiv, and 2.5 SkyActiv engines.
    I want a car so violent that the mere thought of full throttle would cause a heart attack. That actually going wide open throttle in would result in nothing less than instant death!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I've owned 3 new Mazdas, but the current cars do nothing for me. I have absolutely no love for the current 6 for the same reasons you stated above, but this new one looks awesome! It's my favorite in the class just based on photos. I also agree that the dash/axle ratio makes it look very RWD for a FWD car. Job well done, Mazda! Now send over the wagon!
    Last edited by Murrow; 09-27-2012 at 06:57 PM.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements