Toyota Sequioa...are they dropping it or keeping it

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Toyota Sequioa...are they dropping it or keeping it

Walking
    Thanks

Toyota Sequioa...are they dropping it or keeping it

I have had 3 of these. Base model, limited and now the platinum model. I don't drive much as mainly my wifes car but we like them. I am all GM but wanted something different than everyone else around here and to step outside the Gm line as I have 6 GMC trucks and just wanted a different interior and vehicle. I have heard there redesigning it for 2017 or so and then I heard over the weekend from a Toyota dealer that there discontinuing it. Any info anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    plane

Re: Toyota Sequioa...are they dropping it or keeping it

I haven't heard anything about Toyota being discontinued.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,152 Times in 3,957 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
    I have had 3 of these. Base model, limited and now the platinum model. I don't drive much as mainly my wifes car but we like them. I am all GM but wanted something different than everyone else around here and to step outside the Gm line as I have 6 GMC trucks and just wanted a different interior and vehicle. I have heard there redesigning it for 2017 or so and then I heard over the weekend from a Toyota dealer that there discontinuing it. Any info anyone?
    Just get a Denali bro, those things have motors that do not deserve to pull such a hefty vehicle and they are probably still packing the old 5 speed from 1999.

It probably has less airbags than a Cruze.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

I like the denali but everyone in my area either have it, Tahoe or ford (not a fan) so there is 3 Toyota's in my area that I know off. I like that - different! I am seeing a few nissans and the infinite x80 I think. Decent looking as well.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

There were rumors years back. However, Toyota is still selling it (in relatively small numbers) and they haven't talked much that I have seen on a redesigned Tundra or Sequoia.

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    Just get a Denali bro, those things have motors that do not deserve to pull such a hefty vehicle and they are probably still packing the old 5 speed from 1999.
    Toyota's 5.7L is a stout engine. They also have a 6AT and have since the Sequoia was redesigned for 2008.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 982 Posts

They shouldn't throw it away, the price difference between it and the Cruiser is too much. I honestly don't like them, but they are reliable as a rock. I liked the first gen, my mom almost bought one when it was introduced. Anyway, I'm sure a new one is on the way.

If you like different, how about the new Armada/Patrol? Those are tanks. I don't think it will be atoyota reliable, but I can't be bad.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."
    - Aristotle

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) F14CRAZY's Avatar
    Thanks

Lexus GX?
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 197k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 102k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455-4/7.5L. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday. Wife's: '07 Subaru Forester XT. World Rally Blue Mica.

'87 BMW K75c. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 645 Posts

They need to redesign the Tundra and Sequioa. They are due for an update. Hopefully more Land Cruiser and less Tonka truck in the new generation.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information