Toyota Pr machine in high gear

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Toyota Pr machine in high gear

  1. #1
    2.5L Iron Duke
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Angry Toyota Pr machine in high gear

    Toyota Increases D.C. Presence to Highlight Contributions to U.S. Economy
    Washington DC August 12, 2005; The AIADA newsletter reported that Toyota executives will host a gathering for lawmakers in Washington next month, where the company will highlight its economic contributions in more than a dozen states, reports the Wall St. Journal.

    The event will include executives from most of Toyota’s affiliates with significant operations in the U.S., such as Denso, Hino and Aisin. A new study from the Center for Automotive Research shows Toyota’s investment of $13.4 billion in its U.S. operations contributed 386,300 jobs and $14.4 billion in wages to the U.S. economy in 2003......................

    http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...12/140161.html

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,433
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Toyota Pr machine in high gear

    No surprise there. They got the best PR machine in the business.

  4. #3
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,233
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Toyota Pr machine in high gear

    And? Since when is attempting to get good PR using facts something to be looked down upon?

    Oh, I forgot. Toyota's doing it because they are evil and eat small school children.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,302
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Toyota Pr machine in high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Infiniti Z350
    Oh, I forgot. Toyota's doing it because they are evil and eat small school children.
    The Solara looks as if it does. :p

  7. #5
    Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,279
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

    Re: Toyota Pr machine in high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Infiniti Z350
    And? Since when is attempting to get good PR using facts something to be looked down upon?

    Oh, I forgot. Toyota's doing it because they are evil and eat small school children.
    No one whores out to the press better than Toyota!

  8. #6
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Toyota Pr machine in high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Infiniti Z350
    And? Since when is attempting to get good PR using facts something to be looked down upon?

    Oh, I forgot. Toyota's doing it because they are evil and eat small school children.

    Exactly!

  9. #7
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,302
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Toyota Pr machine in high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by TaHoE
    No one whores out to the press better than Toyota!
    And no one else aspires to?

  10. #8
    Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    10,279
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt

    Re: Toyota Pr machine in high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    And no one else aspires to?
    No one "aspires" to be a whore, you become one.

  11. #9
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar dav305z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Toyota Pr machine in high gear

    Quote Originally Posted by Infiniti Z350
    And? Since when is attempting to get good PR using facts something to be looked down upon?

    Oh, I forgot. Toyota's doing it because they are evil and eat small school children.
    They twist facts. The bottom line is that they're growth almost always means a net loss in money going into the US economy. Even if they build cars in America, the parts content and profit flow of these cars are not helping our economy.
    Hidden Content
    "The movement you need is on your shoulders" - Paul McCartney

  12. #10
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,433
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Toyota Pr machine in high gear

    Toyota has an excellent PR machine. From a purely business perspective, there is nothing wrong with that. The question is, does it make it right? For example, Toyota has covinced the public that they are leaders of being 'green'. Yet in reality, I do believe that title belongs to Honda. What I find even more offensive is when you say gas guzzeling SUV, most people only think of the domestics. Yet Toyota not only sells their fair share of gas guzzeling SUVs, they are also building another factory to produce even more of these SUV. But there is hardly any talk about this. Does them having an excellent PR machine make this OK? Just because you can get away with something doesn't make it right.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Toyota vs. GM: Not angels vs. Satan
    By Globalist in forum Automotive Industry & GM News
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 11:40 PM
  2. Toyota boss sees fuel-cell deal with GM
    By coolcaddy in forum Automotive Industry & GM News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 07:44 PM
  3. Toyota out of IRL to focus on NASCAR
    By IMPALAon20s in forum Motorsports & Racing News
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 10:04 PM
  4. Toyota willing to share hybrid technology with GM
    By pupp1 in forum Automotive Industry & GM News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 03:32 PM
  5. Granholm woos Toyota to Big 3 turf
    By pupp1 in forum Asian Competition
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2005, 01:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2