Toyota launches fully redesigned Voxy and Noah minivans in Japan; class-first hybrid

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Toyota launches fully redesigned Voxy and Noah minivans in Japan; class-first hybrid

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Toyota launches fully redesigned Voxy and Noah minivans in Japan; class-first hybrid

Toyota launches fully redesigned Voxy and Noah minivans in Japan; class-first hybrid system
    20 January 2014
    source : http://www.greencarcongress.com

In Japan, Toyota Motor Corporation launched the completely redesigned Voxy minivan through Netz dealers, and the completely redesigned Noah minivan through Toyota Corolla dealers; hybrid models are scheduled for release on 14 February. Monthly sales targets for Japan are 4,600 units for Voxy and 3,400 units for Noah.

For the hybrid variants, a 2ZR-FXE 1.8-liter Atkinson cycle combustion engine, evolved and matured from the third-generation Prius, together with a class-first full hybrid system (THS II with reduction gear) achieves fuel economy of 23.8 km/L (56 mpgUS, 4.2 l/100 km) and CO2 emissions of 98 g/km under the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism’s (MLIT) JC08 test cycle.

The NiMH hybrid battery is located below the front seat, creating a comfortable riding space and large cargo space.

Read more here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 mchicha's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    a car

Re: Toyota launches fully redesigned Voxy and Noah minivans in Japan; class-first hyb

A Closed market.

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Toyota launches fully redesigned Voxy and Noah minivans in Japan; class-first hyb

56 mpg is impressive, whether it's available here or not. It's the technology advancing that matters.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor Premium Member zete's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the right application for these fuel saving technologies. GM should get the Voltec into a CUV and minivan since families would benefit from Voltec and the cost would be more reasonable in a well equipped, large CUV or minivan than in a small sedan. If Voltec 2 could get 50-60 miles to a charge in an Enclave sized vehicle you'd be looking at $400+/month in fuel savings. And if they priced a Voltec-equipped Enclave, say, or a minivan in the $40-50k range, they'd sell like crazy. In 4 years you'd save 1/2 the price of the vehicle and for a nation that loves huge vehicles, anything that provides fuel economy would be good for America, good for Americans and good for GM.
    "Christians should not hold dumb opinions about the natural world based solely on misreadings of the Bible, especially opinions that can be demonstrably falsified by Reason, lest the Faith be subject to ridicule and mockery." -- St. Augustine of Hippo.

"Stop being dicks to the poor." Pope Francis, paraphrased.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zete For This Useful Post:

Canuck (01-29-2014)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Yaris 2 Door Red

These are sooooooooo cute - I wish they had them in the states

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus

Quote Originally Posted by TheBUC View Post
    56 mpg is impressive, whether it's available here or not. It's the technology advancing that matters.
    The Japanese test cycle is a joke. The Prius, I think, gets in the 70s there.
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

Go Tigers!!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
    The Japanese test cycle is a joke. The Prius, I think, gets in the 70s there.
    Not really, if you know how the Atkinson cycle engine operates then 56 mpg is very impressive. In my book the Prius really is not much of a car.

Thanks

I'm starting to see more of these on the road here in Okinawa. This is place where they really make sense, where my 20 km (12 mile) drive to work takes 40 minutes and an hour or more on the way home. The top speed limit on the island is 80 km/h, and you only see that if you take the toll road, otherwise the top speed limit you will see is 60 km/h. For most of my commute the speed limit is 50 km/h (a little over 30 mph) with a whole ton of stop lights along the way, and much of the island is the same, making it ideal for hybrids.
    My Vehicles:
    2001 Nissan March Bolero
    1998 Toyota Ipsum
    2012 Dodge Grand Caravan - In storage until I return from Okinawa
    1962 Buick Electra 225 - In storage until I return from Okinawa

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Jesda's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,159 Posts
    My Ride
    MX5, STS

These will be big in Thailand. Down there we always hire a passenger van (and a driver) to take us around the country, 99% of the time its a Toyota.
    My blog: Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member ausrutherford's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    These will be big in Thailand. Down there we always hire a passenger van (and a driver) to take us around the country, 99% of the time its a Toyota.
    Those are probably the Toyota Hiace. Not the Noah or Voxy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Have sales for GM not seen in Hidden Content ? Hidden Content

Go Tigers!!!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Jesda's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,159 Posts
    My Ride
    MX5, STS

Quote Originally Posted by ausrutherford View Post
    Those are probably the Toyota Hiace. Not the Noah or Voxy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    Lots of those too, almost all diesel powered. You can cram 15 people into one box.

But more luxurious minivans like the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Alphard are growing in popularity as the country becomes more civilized and seeks comfort.

My blog: Hidden Content

15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information