Toyota Announces Prices For All-New Third-Generation RAV4

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Toyota Announces Prices For All-New Third-Generation RAV4

Thanks

11/21/2005 Torrance, CA
    Revised: 11/22/2005
    The V6-equipped RAV4 can effortlessly accelerate from zero-to-60 mph in under seven seconds while achieving an impressive estimated preliminary EPA fuel economy mpg rating of 22 city/29 highway for 4x2 models and 21 city/28 highway for 4x4 grades.

The standard powertrain will be an upgraded 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine with VVT-i equipped with a gated-shift four-speed automatic. The engine will deliver 166 horsepower (an increase of five hp) with 165 lbs.-ft of torque @ 4,000 RPM, making it one of the most powerful four-cylinder engines in the small SUV segment and close in horsepower to some competitor V6’s. The additional horsepower is matched with improved fuel efficiency with EPA preliminary mpg estimates of 24 city/30 highway on 4x2 configurations and 23 city/28 highway on 4x4 models.

In addition to improvements in power and fuel efficiency, both the V6 and four-cylinder engines are expected to be EPA certified as an Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II (ULEV2).

Like all SUVs in the Toyota lineup, RAV4 comes standard with the Star Safety System. The standard system includes vehicle stability control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), anti-lock brake system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA). The new RAV4 adds to the Star Safety System with the addition of all-new enhancements to VSC. This new system goes beyond conventional traction and stability controls that simply react to challenging conditions.

With an increased length of more than 14-inches over the previous generation, a new seating design features second row seating for three and optional third row seating, a first in the small SUV segment. The larger dimensions create a larger cabin, increasing shoulder room for all passengers, and additional head clearance and legroom for second row passengers, allowing for overall greater passenger comfort.

Form, fun and functionality is in abundance with an array of standard convenience features across all three grades that includes CFC free manual air-conditioning, AM/FM CD with six speakers with a mini-plug jack and MP3/WMA playback capability, remote keyless entry, ten front and rear bottle/cup holders, power windows and door locks, larger foldable power mirrors, privacy glass, three 12-volt auxiliary power outlets, and a tilt and telescopic steering wheel. RAV4 also features the first in-use application of lever-operated brake deceleration cruise control as standard equipment.

The vast improvements in the all-new RAV4 will be matched with pricing that is very competitive within the compact segment, making the RAV4 an excellent all-around value. The 2006 RAV4 Base grade with a four-cylinder engine will carry a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $20,300 for the 4x2 model, an increase of $200, or 1.0 percent. The Base grade 4x4 with a four-cylinder engine will carry a base MSRP of $21,700, an increase of $200 or 0.9 percent. Prices for the Base grade with the all-new V6 will be $22,335 for the 4x2 and $23,735 for the 4x4.

The base MSRP for the all-new Sport grade will range from $21,875 for the 4x2 with a four-cylinder engine to $25,190 for the V6 4x4.

The MSRP for the top-of-the-line RAV4 Limited with a four-cylinder engine will be $22,555 for the 4x2, and $23,955 for the Limited 4x4. The MSRP for the Limited grade V6 will be $24,470 for the 4x2 and $25,870 for the 4x4.

RAV4 four-cylinder models will go on sale in late December with V6 models reaching Toyota dealers in late January.

Credit: Toyota Motor Sales, USA

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Toyota Announces Prices For All-New Third-Generation RAV4

I'm still confused. But when the Maxx and I have had enough, the V-6 (at those prices) could be the answer.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 ElmerMCR's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm surprised. With that level of standard equipment and safety features Toyota still kept it at a great price range, especially for the power coming out of that V6. Nice job Toyota.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Like all SUVs in the Toyota lineup, RAV4 comes standard with the Star Safety System. The standard system includes vehicle stability control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), anti-lock brake system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA). The new RAV4 adds to the Star Safety System with the addition of all-new enhancements to VSC. This new system goes beyond conventional traction and stability controls that simply react to challenging conditions.

If the Rav4 comes with this standard, I would guess the next Camry may as well (at least V6 models)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I guess we should all thank Hyundai for forcing everybody to add more content to their cars while holding the line on price, isn't competition great?

Level I Members
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElmerMCR
    I'm surprised. With that level of standard equipment and safety features Toyota still kept it at a great price range, especially for the power coming out of that V6. Nice job Toyota.
    Toyota did the same thing with the Avalon and Tacoma. It recieved more power, more stuff for a cheaper or similar price. I think the Avalon price went down by a few hundred dollars.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar impala02's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2017 GMC Acadia

4 speed automatic transmission? I thought GM was the only maker to still use them (sarcasm).

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 driverblogger's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElmerMCR
    I am surprised too. I would though that the price would be starting like around $23k, but it is Toyota. Like look at the prices for the Scions.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 griswold44's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by impala02
    4 speed automatic transmission? I thought GM was the only maker to still use them (sarcasm).
    The 4 speed is only for the 4cyl model. The V6 has a 5 speed.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

You could get the 3.5 V6 with the Base and 2wd about 23 to 24k. That surprised me very much. We need a new compact comparo early next year.

Thanks

GM uses them in everything outside Cadillac.

everyone else uses them in compact vehicles and lower end models.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GapingOrifice
    I guess we should all thank Hyundai for forcing everybody to add more content to their cars while holding the line on price, isn't competition great?
    Sure is.

When the '07 Camry appears, shortly, the Impala will be a "whoosh". As in non-existant. Without $5K on the hood.

Thanks

Sure, just look at the "Flagship" Cadillac DTS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjrciadt

If the Rav4 comes with this standard, I would guess the next Camry may as well (at least V6 models)
    I believe Toyota puts traction/stability control standard in SUVs/trucks/vans because they believe (correctly) that they need it. These aren't standard on cars because they believe (also correctly) that they are less needed on cars. The 05 RAV4 had these standard also.

Of course, the 07 Camry is going to be all new, so they may put all this on there in the new model (and to keep up with Hyundai, who has been piling on the standard features in the Sonata).

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information