Test drove a 350Z Today

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Test drove a 350Z Today

  1. #1
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Test drove a 350Z Today

    During lunch break I decided to go over and check out out the the nissin dearlership because i was board. I drive an 03 Grand Prix. I had no intention of ever considering a Z but i was curious nonetheless to see if nissin had raised their quality to match GM. Sadly, they had not. When i got there, i was assaulted by no less than 3 desperate salesman, because obviously they had no sales in over a month! I swear they almost got in a fist fight over who could serve me. Well finally i ask to drive a Z. I finally just say give me the guy who was here first. The salesman tells ok and we take it for a drive.

    I wasnt very impressed. The fit seemd really cheap compared to my grand prix. In fact, the salesman said he would rather have a grand prix rather than a NEW 350Z and asked why I was even test driving one since my current ride was sooo sweet. He told me they havent sold a Z in over 2 months. Especially with all the problems that have been reported in the news and TV about them. They have different tires, you cant even rotate them! They go out and you have to buy a whole new set!

    It didnt seem that fast, and it didnt corner like i expected it to, given that it was sooo low to the ground. THe salesman the whole time is trying to discouraging me from buying this car and tells me i should stick with domestics because they are better and a better value. I have never driven an import, but I thought since i needed a new car i might as well take a look at the vaulted Z. I was sorly desiappointed. What a joke this car was. Even the salesman didnt like it. I asked him why he was working here. He said it was because he was downsized from the plant from too many people buying imports and he would try to even things out by being a salesman.

    Take that Nissin!!!!

    GM LOVER!!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    402
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    you're 14, aren't you?

  4. #3
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    No 25 thank you very much

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 atomicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    4,572
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    Nissan, not Nissin.

    The 350Z is vaunted not vaulted.

    I love GM too, but your story is a bit, um GM slanted.

    Given the choice, and not needing the extra 2 seats, the Z wins hands down over an 03 Grand Prix, interior and all.

    The 04 Grand Prix has a much better interior than the 03.
    Hidden Content
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze - 14,350 miles
    2008 Kia Rondo - 41,000 miles
    2004 Pontiac GTO - 71,864 miles (gone, but not forgotten)
    Hidden Content

  7. #5
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    Quote Originally Posted by atomicshark
    Nissan, not Nissin.

    The 350Z is vaunted not vaulted.

    I love GM too, but your story is a bit, um GM slanted.

    Given the choice, and not needing the extra 2 seats, the Z wins hands down over an 03 Grand Prix, interior and all.

    The 04 Grand Prix has a much better interior than the 03.
    You have a GTO in your sig and you can say with a straight face that the Z is better!! Are you crazy?

  8. #6
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 CRBoyd91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX (Katy Area)
    Posts
    3,950
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    I don't know whether to call it bias or not...
    But I would rather it be GM slanted than Japan Inc. slanted.
    2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT - 112,000 mi.

  9. #7
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    No bias here. I just have an uncanny ability for straight shooting.

  10. #8
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 griswold44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    6,050
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    What a total lie. You accuse another member for drinking Kool-Aid when it's obvious you are the one who is hopped up on it.

  11. #9
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 atomicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    4,572
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    Quote Originally Posted by GMLuver
    You have a GTO in your sig and you can say with a straight face that the Z is better!! Are you crazy?
    Did I say that???? I love my GTO. I think it is better than the Z.

    Given the choice of an 03 GP or a 350Z, I'll take the Z.

    Personally, I love a nice V8 RWD coupe, preferably from GM.
    Hidden Content
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze - 14,350 miles
    2008 Kia Rondo - 41,000 miles
    2004 Pontiac GTO - 71,864 miles (gone, but not forgotten)
    Hidden Content

  12. #10
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    Quote Originally Posted by griswold44
    What a total lie. You accuse another member for drinking Kool-Aid when it's obvious you are the one who is hopped up on it.
    You import defenders are resorting to making things up now?? Just shows that your argument holds no water!


  13. #11
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 griswold44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    6,050
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    Quote Originally Posted by GMLuver
    You import defenders are resorting to making things up now?? Just shows that your argument holds no water!

    When you can't spell "Nissan" correctly, you throw any argument you have out the window. You joined TODAY, and you're already on my bad side.

  14. #12
    2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 chickenkicker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Roy, Utah
    Posts
    863
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    This story seems a bit.... exaggerated, to say the least. The 350Zs aren't all that bad, my aunt's boyfriend has one and my fiance test drove one. They are nice cars, although overpriced in my oppinion, but they just don't feel fast enough for me. I've run a few of them with my TA and they just couldn't keep up. Still I'd take one over an 03 GP, and I love the GPs.
    Cars:
    2004 Winning Blue Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring M6
    1997 Black Pontiac Trans AM M6
    2006 Ming Blue Pontiac GTO M6

  15. #13
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Achelous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    214
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    Well, I can tell a similar story with a very different conclusion. I have an '00 Grand Prix and went to test a 350Z. It was zippy, though not quite so much as the C5 Corvettes I have driven. Fit and finish was definitely better than my GP, but I still prefer my car just because I love my 3800 and wouldn't ever buy a Nissan. However, it is definitely one of the nicest Nissan's I have ever driven and the VQ V-6 is something to behold.

    Oh, and the salesman actually tried to sell me the car. :p
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    Next Year: A new car....finally....hopefully.

  16. #14
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    Quote Originally Posted by DuSpinnst
    In the thread about my Parents new BMW he got on my case about the family owning an import. Even though we own 3 GM cars, and even though I personally still prefer GM. He's obviously a twisted individual, he doesn't even like DCX....
    Im a twisted individual? Pot meet kettle. You are on a GM website and you talk about buying a Krautmobile and you defend Crapler-Benz. Who is twisted? You are obviously....

    It's sad that you have no clue and dont even realize it.

    BTW It's obvious your family would never even have the 36k to even buy a Krautmobile so get over yourself....
    Last edited by GMLuver; 11-30-2005 at 02:48 AM.

  17. #15
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,307
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Test drove a 350Z Today

    Quote Originally Posted by DuSpinnst
    In the thread about my Parents new BMW he got on my case about the family owning an import. Even though we own 3 GM cars, and even though I personally still prefer GM. He's obviously a twisted individual, he doesn't even like DCX....
    Just because he attacked you in one thread does not mean you should attack him here. The easiest way to deal with people who make up stories is to ignore them. If no one commented on this thread, then it would just go away. If you have a problem with him personally, let him know through PMs. Name calling certainly won't help.

  18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 02 Suburban Cruise Control Problem
    By skiburban in forum The Tech Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 10:22 PM
  2. IIHS side crash tests: minivans
    By ifcar in forum General Car Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 07:45 PM
  3. Drove in Ford Fusion Today
    By mystikranger in forum General Car Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2