Someone remind me why a Solara is better?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone remind me why a Solara is better?

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,307 Times in 4,034 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Someone remind me why a Sorala is better?

I doubt its better than this car. Perhaps iff they offer navigation, their interiors will look as good

The Sorala looks almost as bad as an impala. The 2005, 2006 too.. Very bad.
    I must say their interiors look impressive though. On Pictures. Untill you sit in the car.
    Can you say Cheap! Just go to a toyota dealership and sit in one of their sedans
    Last edited by mbukukanyau; 11-05-2006 at 01:51 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Someone remind me why a Sorala is better?

You're hitting "that nerve".

IF I was privilegded, blah, blah, blah, de blah, blah; enough to be able to have a coupe at this moment in my life, heaven forbid, it'd be a Monte SS V-8.

The Solara and the G6 (what's that by the way, whassa G6?) are non-contenders.

Thanks

the solara's headlamps are more attractive, as is the grille, the front bumper, and the interior.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

The Solara is better, because its rear overhang is not smaller than the front, as is G6's. G6's proportions are against the rules, especially in the coupe form.

Yup, the Solara is at least a mistake stylingwise, but GM managed to do "better" with G6 coupe. Come on Pontiac, "coming-or-going" was Studebaker's tagline!

Thanks

This is the same old story with domestics.
    Exterior styling is good but the interiors are sub par compared to the Japanese. Hopefully with GM's new focus on interiors the interiors will be much improved.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Someone remind me why a Solara is better?

And, just maybe, the Toyota having this shape years ahead of the G6 has something to do with the perception. The G6 is somewhat smoothed over, and has the roofline a smidgen higher (relatively), but that's about it. I echo the rest of you on the interior, though. The G6's looks like a teen's boy toy, complete with Tyco feeling plastic. The interior alone is what grossed a G6 off of my ever-have list.

Thanks

I do think that the Solara's front does look better, But as far as the interior goes the G6's look better.
    "Real Rides Are Built Not Bought"

Hidden Content One of my favorite projects

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau

The Sorala looks almost as bad as an impala. The 2005, 2006 too.. Very bad.
    I must say their interiors look impressive though. On Pictures. Untill you sit in the car.
    Can you say Cheap! Just go to a toyota dealership and sit in one of their sedans
    From what I have heard about the Solara the interior cannot be compared to the Sedans just because they are both Toyotas. Most people that test drive the Solara say they interior textures and finishes are so good that they could easily be in a Toyota's midlevel Lexus lineup and no one would notoce a difference. If Toyota wanted to get serious about this car they would have a TRD version with the 280hp Avalon V6.

I would still prefer the G6 but I will admit that it is probably because of my slight GM bias. I definately agree with Bravado thought that the rear overhang is too short on the G6. The G6 definately needs the 3.9 with supercharger or the 3.6 with D.I. for the GXP version.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 griswold44's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see why everyone hates the Solara's looks, as it looks great in my eyes, and the G6 looks way out of proportion, and ugly. I've sat in a Solara, and that interior is just as good as a Lexus.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a shame that Toyota didn't use the Solara's interior for the Camry. People always say that the Solara and Sienna have Lexus-like interiors compared to the rest of the Toyota lineup, and they're right. While the G6 does look much more attractive on the outside, the interior pales when compared to the Solara's.

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

Thanks

I like the G6 much more. Considering they are both hideous! I hate the way the exterior looks on both of them. Interiors, equal. Performance, G6.

AG3
    Thanks

Compared to the Solara, I think the G6 coupe's proportions are a bit off...

G6 coupe

Solara

3.6 Liter SIDI V6 driverblogger's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by griswold44
    I don't see why everyone hates the Solara's looks, as it looks great in my eyes, and the G6 looks way out of proportion, and ugly. I've sat in a Solara, and that interior is just as good as a Lexus.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Besides, the G6 copied the Solara styling in the first place.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar balthazar's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Silverado 2500HD DM

I'm not a big fan of either, but I cannot believe the consensus is that adding a fat, swoopy, overhanging ass to the G6 would improve it's looks! These cars are traditional reverses: traditionally it would be the domestic that is lambasted as fat, oversized & dumpy and the import as leaner & more compact. The G6 looks much more purposeful, nimble and far less cartoonish than the solara IMO. I've seen the G6 interior and I thought it was very nice. Haven't sat in solara.
    The G6 coupe is not nearly as impressive stylistically as the G6 sedan. Those have really grown on me as I see them nearly every day now. The 'solara sedan' does nothing for me at all, tho I cannot truthfully call it "ugly".

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 FoMoCo Fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Both cars are oddly proportioned, but that wheelbase is WAAAAAAY too long and s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out in the back to make the G6 look good. Otherwise, the G6 looks much better than the melted Solara. Me, I'd take an Accord Coupe, if I was in the market for a FWD v6 2 door.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information