Ridgeline tops Dakota

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridgeline tops Dakota

Thanks

Ridgeline tops Dakota

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autoscon...F01-321519.htm

With good looks and one-of-a-kind trunk, Ridgeline tops Dakota

I guess they didn't get the "Ridgeline ugly" memo from GMI

Detroit News Automotive Consumer Panel

A majority of the panel gave the nod to the new Honda truck -- citing its unusual and family-friendly features -- over the Dodge in a face-off. Only two of the nine panelists who participated in the comparison drive, which took place over the course of three weeks in late July and August, voted for the Dakota.
    Panelists used the trucks to haul junk to the local dump and uproot tree stumps.

What!? Don't they know the RL is just a grocery getter? I guess the stumps didn't get that memo either.

Rob Blakeley took a Ridgeline to a private off-road course near Mio and used the Dakota to haul 1,300 pounds of concrete mix from Home Depot.

Rob, You overloaded the RLs bed by 200 lbs there buddy.

Some panelists said that even though the Dakota appeared to be the logical choice, the Ridgeline won their hearts.

Awww......that's nice.
    Last edited by Ridge1; 09-24-2005 at 03:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AdmiralViscen's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ridgeline tops Dakota

"Rob, You overloaded the RLs bed by 200 lbs there buddy."

Doesn't it say he DROVE the Ridgline there and then used the DAKOTA to haul the 1300lbs of concrete? That's kind of funny.

"citing its unusual and family-friendly features"

You aren't going to prove to truck guys that the RL is a real truck by showing us comparos where the RL wins for its 'family-friendly features' and 'creature comforts.'
    Hidden Content
    God Bless the Blue Bullet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen
    "Rob, You overloaded the RLs bed by 200 lbs there buddy."

Doesn't it say he DROVE the Ridgline there and then used the DAKOTA to haul the 1300lbs of concrete? That's kind of funny.

"citing its unusual and family-friendly features"

You aren't going to prove to truck guys that the RL is a real truck by showing us comparos where the RL wins for its 'family-friendly features' and 'creature comforts.'
    No...it says, he drove the Ridgeline to a private-road course and drove the Dakota to and fro Home Depot...logically speaking, since he can't drive two cars at once...

I remember when peeps were pissed cuz Motor Trend voted the Tacoma Truck Of The Year. If you don't like it, ppl just drive what's best for them. People keep comparing the Ridgeline to full-size trucks that people use to haul all kinds of ***** and use in construction. I went to the dealership here in Shelburne and my girl almost bought one. She came close but I told her she didn't need a truck enough at the moment for it to be practical. I concluded the Ridgeline is for folks who, sometimes, need truck-utilities. Sometimes. Plus, it's a nice-a$$ truck in Black with Black 20" rims...the dealership has one and it's sweeeeeeet....

She was dissapointed she didn't get it. So we went down the street to Nissan and I told her to get a Touring Edition Z.... hehe...

Speaking of Dodge, Tyson Beckford had an accident in his SRT-10. Idiot Mac Truck driver rammed him from behind and broke his ribs, nose, etc. Poor Dodge.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AdmiralViscen's Avatar
    Thanks

From Ridge1's comment you'd think he loaded the RL with 1300 pounds. I guess what constitutes an oversize load for an RL is typical for a Dakota.

The Ridgeline would be acceptable if it didn't start at 26 grand.
    Hidden Content
    God Bless the Blue Bullet.

Thanks

From Ridge1's comment you'd think he loaded the RL with 1300 pounds. I guess what constitutes an oversize load for an RL is typical for a Dakota.

The Ridgeline would be acceptable if it didn't start at 26 grand.
    But with all the extras it's still only $34K. Considering an '02 Intrepid was $22K (*shiver*), I find it fairly reasonable. I do wish however Honda made a V8 with a bigger bed as an option though. Not cuz I need one. But cuz I like to watch people drive by in big trucks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlkSedan94
    But with all the extras it's still only $34K. Considering an '02 Intrepid was $22K (*shiver*), I find it fairly reasonable. I do wish however Honda made a V8 with a bigger bed as an option though. Not cuz I need one. But cuz I like to watch people drive by in big trucks
    ONLY 34k!!! you can still get a Sierra or silverado, pretty well loaded. With more towing and carrying capacity than that! for the same price or cheaper

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Ridgeline tops Dakota

Lawyers, Doctors, students, moms, mostly chicks. In other words people who normally drive sedans and minivans are testing trucks. Guess what happened? They picked the car not the truck. I am schocked!
    Last edited by yoblues; 09-24-2005 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks

You are correct sir. My bad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoblues
    Lawyers, Doctors, students, moms, mostly chicks. In other words people who normally drive sedans and minivans are testing trucks. Guess what happened? They picked the car not the truck. I am schocked!
    7 out of 9 normal people preferred the RL. Normal people have truck needs too. Honda is just saying it can meet the truck needs of 85% of the people. If you need dualies, Dodge has got the truck for you. I live in an area where full size domestics proliferate. I very seldom ever see anything in the beds of these trucks. Evaluate your needs and buy the truck that is right for them. 1,100 lbs in the bed and a 5,000 lb towing capacity with the ride of a very nice sedan suits me just fine.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Strapping.Young.Lad's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge1
    7 out of 9 normal people preferred the RL. Normal people have truck needs too. Honda is just saying it can meet the truck needs of 85% of the people. If you need dualies, Dodge has got the truck for you. I live in an area where full size domestics proliferate. I very seldom ever see anything in the beds of these trucks. Evaluate your needs and buy the truck that is right for them. 1,100 lbs in the bed and a 5,000 lb towing capacity with the ride of a very nice sedan suits me just fine.
    well duh! The dakota is a stupid DCX POS. Im going to make the totally BIased 2005 FordRules Choice awardss now. Buh Bye!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge1
    just because you dont see anything in the beds of pickups all the time doesnt mean they arent used. That depends on where you are from. If you live in A suburb because you own a honda I wouldnt expect to see much Take mine For example, I might haul a lawnmower or 2 a lot, and other stuff like tires now and then but I dont use it daily. I use it a lot more for pulling a trailer.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 chickenkicker's Avatar
    Thanks

Being better than a Dakota is nothing to be proud of. Let me know when it goes up against a good truck.
    Cars:
    2004 Winning Blue Mazda RX-8 Grand Touring M6
    1997 Black Pontiac Trans AM M6
    2006 Ming Blue Pontiac GTO M6

Back!
    Thanks

All that this really proves is that the vast majority of people buying trucks simply have zero need for a truck to drive daily. Honda realized this and is trying to capitilize on that lrather large markets inexplicable desire to drive the largest vehicle possible for no good reason.

Ironically, an opinion like this has prompted people I know to say "I'm just not a truck person" on occasion. IMO the reason that I think the above is stupid is that I am a truck person. I can remeber when everybody though suv's were trucks, and I still believe that if you don;t need off road capability then you don't need an suv. And, if an suv has no real off-road capability...well folks, they call those station wagons.

My girlfriend is fascinated by her latest company car, a Toyota Highlander, declaring that it's off road ability is amazing. This is understandable because she is very feminine in nature and literally crinkle here noses at the thought of off roading,she didn't understand what real off road needs were in some areas

. But, she agreed to go with me on a recent trip back into the mountains of southeastern Kentucky to visit a 200 year old family graveyard positoned on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere and learned what this means in spades. I would consider this a very moderate climb with the right front tire coming off the ground 2 feet maybe one time....hardly hardcore off roading but the Higlander would have been way out of it's element. We didn't take the Highlander for obvious reasons, and she doesn't think it has true off-road capablities anymore.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

What is the point of this comparison? The Dakota is a mid size truck while the Fridgeline is a 1/2 ton according Honda, It's probably being compared to the Dakota because it get's it's ass kicked when it is compared to the 1/2 ton's.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't care if the Ridgeline wins every comparison it is in...I still think it is the uglist vehicle to hit the market since the Aztek.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information