Qoros 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Qoros 3

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Qoros 3

I found a thread for the new Qoros brand from back in 2011 but oddly didn't see anything regarding their intended-for-production and production-ready looking new trio of products. IIRC the 3 Sedan will be the first to go on sale but I could be wrong.

To quote the Autoblog article:
    Qoros plans to launch later this year in its home market of China, pushing westward into Europe early next year. While there were originally plans for North American sales, Autoblog has learned that the combination of a mature market and economic malaise has proven to be enough to keep the company's US and Canadian ambitions at bay for the foreseeable future.
    We'll see about quality (quoting Autoblog again):

And what of the Chinese auto industry's traditional blind spot, quality? The company is touting its executives and engineers' histories at other, more established automakers as proof that it will build a robust product. What companies have their execs worked at? BMW, General Motors, Jaguar Land Rover, Saab and Volvo. Hmmm...
    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/06/q...n-geneva-2013/

Obviously I don't think one can expect this to be as iron-clad as was a 90s LS400 in terms of dependability, but once they've got some time under their belts, we'll see.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: Qoros 3

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
    I found a thread for the new Qoros brand from back in 2011 but oddly didn't see anything regarding their intended-for-production and production-ready looking new trio of products. IIRC the 3 Sedan will be the first to go on sale but I could be wrong.

To quote the Autoblog article:

We'll see about quality (quoting Autoblog again):

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/06/q...n-geneva-2013/

Obviously I don't think one can expect this to be as iron-clad as was a 90s LS400 in terms of dependability, but once they've got some time under their belts, we'll see.
    They have executives from established companies, but what of the engineers and designers and people putting the cars together?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 982 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    They have executives from established companies, but what of the engineers and designers and people putting the cars together?
    Good point but I'm shure that those executives won't tolerate bad quality in a company that is rising and needs to build good image. That said I won't buy a chinese car in my life.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    See that's true, although as LetsRace said they could at least hold to some kind of standards on their own. But again you're right, and I don't think anyone is expecting this new Qoros 3 to eclipse the Focus, Golf, or Cruze (or Dart, Elantra, etc). It's a start though, and the on-paper car looks good for a company's first production car. What it actually feels and drives like, how it holds up over the years, etc, is to be determined but if they can make improvements on the scale that Hyundai did once they expanded to the US then maybe in a few decades they'll be where Hyundai is now.

I'm neutral to buying a "Chinese car". If something tickles my fancy, it doesn't matter where it's from. It just has to meet my criteria when I'm purchasing a vehicle.

As a final note, given the current economic climate in Europe, especially for the auto industry, I'm surprised they are still going full speed ahead in Europe versus North America, who I'd have thought would be more open to Chinese cars. I don't have data to back up that speculation, though.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information