GM Inside News Forum banner

Nissan North America Announces Best September Sales

634 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Infiniti Z350 
#1 ·
– NNA Achieves More than 16% Increase in September Sales Over 2004 –

GARDENA, Calif. (October 3, 2005) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) continues record breaking sales by reporting 93,540 total sales in September, posting a 16.4% increase over last year. This month marks the best September sales in the history of NNA as well as its Infiniti division. Strong sales of Nissan models such as the Altima, Murano as well as the all-new Infiniti M achieved their best ever September sales.

NISSAN HIGHLIGHTS
· September sales for Nissan-brand vehicles of 82,478 units were up 17.6 percent when compared to last year with 70,127 units sold
· Altima (26,442 units sold) had its best September, with sales up 24.2 percent; Murano (5,306 units sold) also posted its best September, with sales up 5.5 percent
· Sentra (11,172 units sold) posted strong sales, with sales up 65.8 percent
· Pathfinder (5,088 units sold) continues its strong sales momentum since launch, with sales up 134.7 percent
· Calendar year-to-date sales are up 16.7 percent with 732,706 units sold

INFINITI HIGHLIGHTS
· Sales for Infiniti, the luxury division of NNA, were up 8.2 percent from last September with 11,062 units sold
· The all-new M continued its strong sales momentum with 2,351 units sold
· G35 sedan (3,479 units sold) posted a sales increase of 11.2 percent
· Calendar year-to-date sales are up 7.8 percent with 103,220 units sold
More w/sales charts: http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/news/current/20051003093018.shtml

#2 ·
Infiniti Z350 said:
Sentra (11,172 units sold) posted strong sales, with sales up 65.8 percent
Ugh. This I don't get. The Altima is a nice car, I'll admit, but the Sentra? Up 66%?!? What is it, 8 years old now? I drove a rental Sentra last week, and there's nothing special about that car at all. Maybe in higher-level versions it's better, but it strikes me as a dated car that doesn't deserve to sell this well. But it does.... so Nissan is doing something right.

#3 ·
Sentra sales strike me funny as well. I can only assume current gas prices coupled with Nissan dealers maybe offering good incentives on the Sentra have something to do with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.