Nissan North America Announces Best May Sales Ever [June 1, 05]
NNA Achieves More than 15% Increase in May Sales Over 2004
GARDENA, Calif. (June 1, 2005) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) reported 93,519 total sales in May, an increase of 15.5% over last year. This month marks the best May sales in the history of Nissan North America, as well as the Nissan division. In addition, Nissan models Altima, Murano, Armada and Titan and the Infiniti M achieved their best ever May sales.
· Best May ever for Nissan Division
· May sales for Nissan-brand vehicles of 82,440 units were up 16.6 percent when compared to last year with 76,570 units sold
· Altima (23,900 units sold), Murano (6,188 units sold), Armada (3,534 units sold) and Titan (7,441 units sold) had their best May
· Calendar year-to-date sales are up 17.3 percent with 395,139 units sold
· Sales for Infiniti were up 7.7 percent from last May with 11,079 units sold
· The M continues its strong sales momentum with 2,170 units sold
· Calendar year-to-date sales are up 6.1 percent with 54,801 units sold
· It was the best May in NNA history with 93,519 units sold when compared to last year with 87,713 units sold
· Calendar year-to-date sales are up 15.8 percent with 449,940 units sold
In North America, NNA’s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. More information on NNA and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.nissannews.com or by contacting the corporate media line at 310/771-5631.
Link w/sales data: http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/...01102248.shtml