Nissan Announces Best May Sales Ever

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Nissan Announces Best May Sales Ever

Thanks

Nissan Announces Best May Sales Ever

Nissan North America Announces Best May Sales Ever [June 1, 05]

NNA Achieves More than 15% Increase in May Sales Over 2004

GARDENA, Calif. (June 1, 2005) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) reported 93,519 total sales in May, an increase of 15.5% over last year. This month marks the best May sales in the history of Nissan North America, as well as the Nissan division. In addition, Nissan models Altima, Murano, Armada and Titan and the Infiniti M achieved their best ever May sales.

NISSAN HIGHLIGHTS
    · Best May ever for Nissan Division
    · May sales for Nissan-brand vehicles of 82,440 units were up 16.6 percent when compared to last year with 76,570 units sold
    · Altima (23,900 units sold), Murano (6,188 units sold), Armada (3,534 units sold) and Titan (7,441 units sold) had their best May
    · Calendar year-to-date sales are up 17.3 percent with 395,139 units sold

INFINITI HIGHLIGHTS
    · Sales for Infiniti were up 7.7 percent from last May with 11,079 units sold
    · The M continues its strong sales momentum with 2,170 units sold
    · Calendar year-to-date sales are up 6.1 percent with 54,801 units sold

NNA INFORMATION
    · It was the best May in NNA history with 93,519 units sold when compared to last year with 87,713 units sold
    · Calendar year-to-date sales are up 15.8 percent with 449,940 units sold

In North America, NNA’s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. More information on NNA and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.nissannews.com or by contacting the corporate media line at 310/771-5631.

Link w/sales data: http://www.nissannews.com/corporate/...01102248.shtml

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

Re: Nissan Announces Best May Sales Ever

Ahhhh! I don't understand this! Toyota still has quality and a 'green' perception working for them... and Honda is still riding it's long-standing reputation... but what does Nissan have? Do that many people find them THAT good looking? Are they more powerful than the competition? Better priced or optioned? Maybe it's just a personalt hing... but really no Nissans appeal to me, whereas I think I'd go Mazda over Nissan inall the areas they overlap.
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul8488
    Do that many people find them THAT good looking?
    Apparently so.

Are they more powerful than the competition?
    In many instances, yes.

Better priced or optioned?
    See above.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul8488
    Ahhhh! I don't understand this! Toyota still has quality and a 'green' perception working for them... and Honda is still riding it's long-standing reputation... but what does Nissan have? Do that many people find them THAT good looking? Are they more powerful than the competition? Better priced or optioned? Maybe it's just a personalt hing... but really no Nissans appeal to me, whereas I think I'd go Mazda over Nissan inall the areas they overlap.
    I too wonder how Nissan is able to do its voodoo. It's in a strong 3rd place.

Thanks

about nissan's appeal: i made a poll discussing Nissan's styling... even on a GM site it seems most people like it. they also have very powerful cars and trucks... in fact, other than the Sentra and the Q, every single Nissan/Infiniti car has at least 1 trim level capable of going 0-60 in under 6 seconds (Altima SE-R, Maxima SE 6MT, 350Z 6MT, G35 6MT, M45) as of right now, Pontiac has 1, maybe 2 once there is independent testing of the GP GXP. they have decent quality, equal to many domestics if not the other japanese brands. they don't do everything right, but they try hard, and listen to thier customers. when complaints came in about the Altima and G35 interiors, they were improved within 2 years... when the titan and quest had quality issues, they sent 200 of their best engineers in to the plant to fix everything. they're not perfect, but no car company is... they make cars people like and gain market share, while certain other companies talk about health care and rebates and marketing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RWD60
    about nissan's appeal: i made a poll discussing Nissan's styling... even on a GM site it seems most people like it. they also have very powerful cars and trucks... in fact, other than the Sentra and the Q, every single Nissan/Infiniti car has at least 1 trim level capable of going 0-60 in under 6 seconds (Altima SE-R, Maxima SE 6MT, 350Z 6MT, G35 6MT, M45) as of right now, Pontiac has 1, maybe 2 once there is independent testing of the GP GXP. they have decent quality, equal to many domestics if not the other japanese brands. they don't do everything right, but they try hard, and listen to thier customers. when complaints came in about the Altima and G35 interiors, they were improved within 2 years... when the titan and quest had quality issues, they sent 200 of their best engineers in to the plant to fix everything. they're not perfect, but no car company is... they make cars people like and gain market share, while certain other companies talk about health care and rebates and marketing.
    You hit the nail on the head. Nissan and Subaru are the only Japanese car companies that I like and with the styling that the new Subarus are getting (Tribeca, next Impreza) it's going to be just Nissan pretty soon. I think GM is starting to do some of those things, but it's too little too late, and their sales reflect that.
    Last edited by Gorf; 06-01-2005 at 10:56 PM.
    Never mind.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information