New Camry Pictures?

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: New Camry Pictures?

  1. #1
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL and Upstate NY
    Posts
    4,731
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 498 Times in 249 Posts
    My Ride
    2019 Kia Soul Turbo/ 2018 CX-5

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, FL
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    Yes this is likely the production model. It mentions 4wd I cant remember a Camry with that before? Not much details beyond that.

  4. #3
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,654
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    uh, oh! Shˇt, we are in trouble. . .

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    3.6 Liter SIDI V6 driverblogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    That looks nice...

  7. #5
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,762
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    Yup, I just caught those over in Edmund's. They mean AWD, not 4WD.

    This is looking better by the day, but I'm not as impressed with the dash as I was early in summer. It's possible that vehicle wasn't the Camry, though.

    BTW, concensus in Edmund's (which I agree with) is that the platform is the same as the current Camry. Toyota does tend to go two rounds (the current one was all new for '02) before spending the bucks to start from scratch. A tad better than a "2006" 1988 Impala Lumina LTZ that GM is trying to foist off on customers, at big bucks.

  8. #6
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, FL
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    Quote Originally Posted by wpbharry
    Yup, I just caught those over in Edmund's. They mean AWD, not 4WD.

    This is looking better by the day, but I'm not as impressed with the dash as I was early in summer. It's possible that vehicle wasn't the Camry, though.

    BTW, concensus in Edmund's (which I agree with) is that the platform is the same as the current Camry. Toyota does tend to go two rounds (the current one was all new for '02) before spending the bucks to start from scratch. A tad better than a "2006" 1988 Impala Lumina LTZ that GM is trying to foist off on customers, at big bucks.
    Did you mean this interior?

    this is from the MarkX sold in China and Japan. It is too much like the IS so we will never get it here. Anyway the only question I have is how much will they sell the 4cyl hybrid model for?

  9. #7
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Vintalage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    Hidden Content

    The Recession may be over but the Greatest Depression has only just begun.

    2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK 430
    1988 Nissan 300ZX 5 spd
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 [Sold]
    1992 Honda Accord EX Sedan [Stolen]

    Knowledge + Action = Power that builds an experience which forms wisdom

  10. #8
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    11,235
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    Of course it's a repost, do any of you all think you can find this stuff before Gris?
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

  11. #9
    4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar Vintalage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    Quote Originally Posted by asim
    Of course it's a repost, do any of you all think you can find this stuff before Gris?
    Actually, I posted the pictures.
    Hidden Content

    The Recession may be over but the Greatest Depression has only just begun.

    2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK 430
    1988 Nissan 300ZX 5 spd
    2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 [Sold]
    1992 Honda Accord EX Sedan [Stolen]

    Knowledge + Action = Power that builds an experience which forms wisdom

  12. #10
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,275
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    wpbharry, its a bit disingenious to say that this Impala is just an updated 1988 Lumina. The W-Body platform has been extensively re-engineered twice, if memory serves. The 2006 actually handles, and the interiors aren't even comparable.

  13. #11
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,762
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    Quote Originally Posted by sigma
    wpbharry, its a bit disingenious to say that this Impala is just an updated 1988 Lumina. The W-Body platform has been extensively re-engineered twice, if memory serves. The 2006 actually handles, and the interiors aren't even comparable.
    Most members have heard me go on and on about the '06 Impala. It's a great car (yes, improved over the years), but priced $5,000 too high, considering the platform and content.

  14. #12
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,762
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    Quote Originally Posted by cjrciadt
    Did you mean this interior?

    this is from the MarkX sold in China and Japan. It is too much like the IS so we will never get it here. Anyway the only question I have is how much will they sell the 4cyl hybrid model for?
    No, but mucho thanks for trying. I guess it was the shot of the camoed '07 Camry in the desert. I thought that was more "wraparound".. Anyway, the final design is fine. Just not as innovative as I'd hoped.

  15. #13
    Guest
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    487
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: New Camry Pictures?

    It looks nice. Definitely more bold and stylish than the current gen. I'm really loving that interior with the subtle touches of wood. Looks like they got a winner on there hands once again.

    The Camry models in Japan have always had an AWD option(even the current gen). They stopped making AWD or All-Trac models(which they called it) with I believe the second generation(88-91 model year if I recall correctly.)

  16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2007 Toyota Camry PICTURES.
    By griswold44 in forum Asian Competition
    Replies: 364
    Last Post: 11-18-2006, 02:58 AM
  2. LaCrosse Better than Camry?!?!?!
    By cincygoblue in forum Global Buick News
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 03:37 PM
  3. Do you think the 2006+ Impala will outsell the Camry?
    By 86fleet in forum Chevrolet Car Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 06:51 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
  5. Lack of good interior pictures at GM websites
    By Jabroni in forum General Car Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2