KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

  1. #1
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    34,556
    Thanks
    8,776
    Thanked 7,127 Times in 4,371 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

    KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

    Kia is reportedly readying a compact crossover model that will compete with the Mazda CX-3 and Honda HR-V.


    Speaking to Motoring, Kia Australia COO Damien Meredith spoke about a new model that will be aimed directly at the CX-3 and HR-V and could possibly make a debut at the 2016 L.A. Auto Show or 2017 Detroit Auto Show. The compact crossover will be based on the Kia Rio, and Meredith admits that it’s possible it will cannibalize sales of the Rio, much like how the CX-3 killed off the Mazda2 in North America. “We’ve got to be very strident about what effect it will have on Rio,” he said. “It needs to fit into the market and do what it needs to do in the CX-3 and HR-V segment. As long as the aggregate is more than we lose, it’s OK.”

    The model currently doesn’t have an official name yet, but it is believed to draw inspiration from the Kia Provo concept that debuted at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show.

    Given that the new compact crossover could even affect Soul sales in the U.S., Meredith noted that the Soul will be repositioned when it receives its midcycle refresh that will include a turbocharged variant as previously teased.

    The next-generation Kia Rio is rumored to make its debut at the 2016 Paris Motor Show in October, so the new crossover shouldn’t be far behind.


    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...onda-hr-v.html
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

    The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

    Hidden Content

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    White Bluff, TN
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

    Odd. You would think they could simply re-postion/re-market the Soul, as many cars mags have already used the Soul in comparisons with the H-RV and CX-3, where it has stood up very well

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to WineOH For This Useful Post:

    Neanderthal (06-19-2016)

  5. #3
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    34,556
    Thanks
    8,776
    Thanked 7,127 Times in 4,371 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

    Re: KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

    Odd is what I thought too. Scuttlebutt has it the 2017 MC will have an AWD Soul with the rear wheels electric-powered, and the 1.6T with 7-speed dual-clutch also fitted. Why do they need ANOTHER model on the tiny end of the spectrum?

    I recall those tests, will have to dig out old magazine. Or I could use algore's Amazing Internet...
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

    The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

    Hidden Content

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  7. #4
    Firebird Concept (the turbine one) t-rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    11,071
    Thanks
    771
    Thanked 421 Times in 226 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 Jaguar XF, 2009 Ford Flex

    Re: KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

    So it's something other than the Kia KX-3?


  8. #5
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    34,556
    Thanks
    8,776
    Thanked 7,127 Times in 4,371 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

    Re: KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

    Not familiar with KX-3, a lookup says it's a Sportage.

    Kia Soul 2017 model year – possible new stuff!
    Release date: late 2016
    Dealership arrival: late 2016
    1,6L T-GDI turbo engine could be added to the range
    Dual clutch transmission – DCT could be added to the range
    New Soul exterior colors may be offered
    Kia may also launch a new 2017 Soul special edition model
    Keep in mind that the 2017 Soul changes suggested here are highly speculative and have yet to be confirmed by the automaker!
    2017 Kia Soul EV electric car
    The 2017 model year changes and improvements may also affect the 2017 Soul EV (all electric model).
    You can expect Kia to further enhance the all electric 2017 Soul EV with a longer driving range on a single charge being one of the possible tweaks.
    Soul Trailster AWD Launch in 2017
    The long awaited Soul AWD could also be launched next year.
    It’s very likely that the upcoming 2017 Soul all-wheel-drive model will be named Trailster, after the automaker’s latest AWD crossover concept car.
    http://www.kia-world.net/2017-kia-soul/
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

    The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

    Hidden Content

  9. #6
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member paul8488's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    23,621
    Thanks
    4,145
    Thanked 4,186 Times in 2,403 Posts
    My Ride
    1983 Opel Corsa TR coupe

    Re: KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

    I read this earlier, then when I was out I saw a small Hyundai crossover that I don't know. Looked exactly CX3 and HRV sized, checked online, would seem it's the ix25. Haven't yet checked the size, but it sure appears to be in that class. Anyone know anything about it?
    Automotive stories and pictures for the rest of us:

    Hidden Content

  10. #7
    R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    A sunny cave in Transylvania
    Posts
    34,556
    Thanks
    8,776
    Thanked 7,127 Times in 4,371 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

    Re: KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

    Quote Originally Posted by paul8488 View Post
    I read this earlier, then when I was out I saw a small Hyundai crossover that I don't know. Looked exactly CX3 and HRV sized, checked online, would seem it's the ix25. Haven't yet checked the size, but it sure appears to be in that class. Anyone know anything about it?
    ix25 appears to be an Indian market critter. Nothing to do with liz'beff Warren and her tribe.

    Off the Soul chassis, I mean platform.

    NEW PRICE: £12,000 - £20,000 ON SALE: 2015
    Hyundai's ix25 concept, revealed at the 2014 Beijing Motor Show, doesn’t come as much of a surprise. The Korean brand doesn’t have a small SUV in its arsenal – yet.

    The Hyundai ix25 will look to steal sales from the popular Nissan Juke
    What is the Hyundai ix25?
    The ix25 is a supermini-sized SUV, a move from Hyundai to throw its increasing weight into the ring with featherweight crossovers like the Nissan Juke, Renault Captur, Vauxhall Mokka and Skoda Yeti.

    It’s based on the same platform as the second generation Kia Soul, launched earlier in 2014. The Soul, in turn, uses slightly modified underpinnings from the Kia Cee’d and Hyundai i30 medium hatchbacks.

    The styling is very much informed by Hyundai's larger ix35, with a tapering window line, wraparound lights and a distinctive grille. But it does look exceptionally similar to the Kia Soul, which itself is a much more grown-up design compared to the original.

    What engines will the Hyundai ix25 use?

    The Hyundai ix25 shares a platform with the Kia Soul crossover
    The concept car showcased in Beijing uses a 2.0-litre petrol engine. However, this isn’t likely to make it to production. Instead, we expect Hyundai to incorporate existing petrol engines from the i30 line up – a 98bhp 1.4 and 118bhp 1.6. The i30's 108bhp and 126bhp 1.6-litre diesel engines are likely to be used too.


    http://www.which.co.uk/cars/coming-soon/hyundai-ix25/
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

    The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

    Hidden Content

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

    paul8488 (06-19-2016)

  12. #8
    Walking
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    ix25 appears to be an Indian market critter. Nothing to do with liz'beff Warren and her tribe.

    Off the Soul chassis, I mean platform.

    NEW PRICE: £12,000 - £20,000 ON SALE: 2015
    Hyundai's ix25 concept, revealed at the 2014 Beijing Motor Show, doesn’t come as much of a surprise. The Korean brand doesn’t have a small SUV in its arsenal – yet.

    The Hyundai ix25 will look to steal sales from the popular Nissan Juke
    What is the Hyundai ix25?
    The ix25 is a supermini-sized SUV, a move from Hyundai to throw its increasing weight into the ring with featherweight crossovers like the Nissan Juke, Renault Captur, Vauxhall Mokka and Skoda Yeti.

    It’s based on the same platform as the second generation Kia Soul, launched earlier in 2014. The Soul, in turn, uses slightly modified underpinnings from the Kia Cee’d and Hyundai i30 medium hatchbacks.

    The styling is very much informed by Hyundai's larger ix35, with a tapering window line, wraparound lights and a distinctive grille. But it does look exceptionally similar to the Kia Soul, which itself is a much more grown-up design compared to the original.

    What engines will the Hyundai ix25 use?

    The Hyundai ix25 shares a platform with the Kia Soul crossover
    The concept car showcased in Beijing uses a 2.0-litre petrol engine. However, this isn’t likely to make it to production. Instead, we expect Hyundai to incorporate existing petrol engines from the i30 line up – a 98bhp 1.4 and 118bhp 1.6. The i30's 108bhp and 126bhp 1.6-litre diesel engines are likely to be used too.


    http://www.which.co.uk/cars/coming-soon/hyundai-ix25/
    elizabeth warren; of the tribe all-talk-no-action

  13. #9
    YEH
    YEH is offline
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,803
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 508 Times in 296 Posts

    Re: KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

    Quote Originally Posted by WineOH View Post
    Odd. You would think they could simply re-postion/re-market the Soul, as many cars mags have already used the Soul in comparisons with the H-RV and CX-3, where it has stood up very well
    This will not be as box-shaped as the Soul and have a more sporting nature to compete against the likes of the CX-3 and next gen Nissan Juke.

    The KX-3 (ungainly looking) and the ix25/Creta are Kia's and Hyundai's subcompact offerings for the emerging markets - which wouldn't pass muster here.

    Hope this retains much of the look of the Provo concept and notwithstanding, hope Kia adds an AWD version of the Soul (likely an e-AWD system).

  14. #10
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 Harry_Wild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 98 Times in 82 Posts

    Re: KIA Prepping CX-3, HR-V Competitor

    It a subcompact crossover in size, not compact crossover like a CX-R or BMW X3 size vehicle! Think smaller!


    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2