Honda recalls 800000 vehicules than might roll away at any second

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Honda recalls 800000 vehicules than might roll away at any second

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,526 Times in 877 Posts

Honda recalls 800000 vehicules than might roll away at any second

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.8 Liter ECOTEC AddisonHarlemTowing's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Honda recalls 800000 vehicules than might roll away at any second

Good to know in case I tow any soon!

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Engelman's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '10ZR1/'13 XTS/'15 Escalade/

I especially like this line in the article..........."If you own an Odyssey, we suggest parking it on a perfectly level surface at all times. If you need to park it on a hill, aim it away from nurseries, nursing homes, hospitals, and large, inflammable tanks that could combust when hit by two tons of runaway steel."...........I understand you get a free brick with your purchase...
    Jake

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

The problem is that the mechanism that locks the key in the ignition while the vehicles are in gear can wear out. When that happens, drivers of the vans and SUVs are able to remove keys without shifting into park
    Unbelievable. So Honda is blamed for something that is plainly a driver's fault - parking your car without applying parking brake and putting transmission in Park. Incredible - holding a manufacturer liable to protect idiot drivers.

Thanks

honda drivers and idiot drivers go hand in hand.......................

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1958 Trabant P50

After years of undergrad and post graduate studies and becoming gainfully employed, I was finally able to retire the hand-me-down 1967 Bonneville (w/400 HO engine), which already had over 130k miles on it, that I got from my dad and that I drove another 8 years putting another 100k on the odometer, and reward myself with a brand new car. Friends and co-workers alike told me Honda, Honda, Honda, so I purchased a 1984 Accord LX Hatchback, 5m. After afew years I would have been relieved of a great burden if that car decided to roll away on its own.

Reliable? No more or less than any other vehicle I had prior experience with through family or friends or thereafter with any other vehicle I owned. Durable? It was the worst of the lot of anything I ever owned. By the end of three years with only 74-75k on the clock, the car was structurally shot. It creaked and groaned, mechanically everything was feeling loose and sloppy in transmission, steering and suspension (brakes were never all that good), the lack of rigidity in the chassis/frame being obvious from the ever increasing misalignment in exterior body panels, interior panels which all snapped together now loose and rattling because the plastic snap connectors were all worn, and interior fabrics on seats and carpeting worn and threadbare. The proverbial straw was the cracked exhaust manifold which allowed cold air to rush into the manifold as the engine cooled after shutdown and warp a few valves.

By the end of its life, the 17 yr old Bonneville with over 230k was by no means pristine, it had developed some rust along the rockers and around the rear wheel wells, and it had its squeaks and rattles, but the interior never deteriorated, everything worked and no major repairs were ever needed to drive train or accessories. Feeding an 11:1 compression ratio in an engine designed for high octane leaded gasoline in itself became another issue. By contrast, by the end of three years even before a major failure, the Honda felt, drove and even looked like a much older car. The best thing I can say for that Honda, it was very well engineered to be a motorized grocery getter.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information