Happy 25th Birthday Mazda MX5 Miata

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Thread: Happy 25th Birthday Mazda MX5 Miata

Thanks

Happy 25th Birthday Mazda MX5 Miata

Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) JBsZ06's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,044 Posts
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

Re: Happy 25th Birthday Mazda MX5 Miata

Back in 92 I bought a black moats with the tan roof and tan leather interior for my mom. She loved that car and other than winter storms drove that car solely after my dad had passed away.

I remember the fun I had driving that car. It really was a smiles per mile machine.

Not fast at all but what fun. I have always admired that vehicle and would never classify it as a "chick" car.

The mistake is that talented a sports car.

Not a race car ....not the best performer but clearly a vehicle designed for driver entertainment.

I look forward to the upcoming miata to be released at next years Chicago auto show .....and at around the same time the alfa spider derivative as well.

Should be an exciting time for affordable sports car enthusiasts when these to hit th showrooms.

I fully expect a remake of demand like the original mists had when it released. The dealers were having a good time back then and I imagine they deserve consumer interest again it's this new car

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 CaptainDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,366 Times in 726 Posts

When the Miata came out, it was a cute little sports car kinda thing.

But then the Pontiac Solstice came out, and just blew it away.

Then Mazda redesigned the Miata so they could ugly it up (did a great job of it too).

Then Pontiac gave up, and quit making the Solstice, while Mazda continued building the Miata "U" model (that's pronounced "ewwww").

I really never understood this little sequence of events.
    Last edited by CaptainDan; 02-11-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    '16 Chevy SS
    a 4 door Camaro

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    Back in 92 I bought a black moats with the tan roof and tan leather interior for my mom. She loved that car and other than winter storms drove that car solely after my dad had passed away.

I remember the fun I had driving that car. It really was a smiles per mile machine.

Not fast at all but what fun. I have always admired that vehicle and would never classify it as a "chick" car.

The mistake is that talented a sports car.

Not a race car ....not the best performer but clearly a vehicle designed for driver entertainment.

I look forward to the upcoming miata to be released at next years Chicago auto show .....and at around the same time the alfa spider derivative as well.

Should be an exciting time for affordable sports car enthusiasts when these to hit th showrooms.

I fully expect a remake of demand like the original mists had when it released. The dealers were having a good time back then and I imagine they deserve consumer interest again it's this new car
    Im guilty of classifying it as feminine, initially. Then I drove an original. Mind changed. Sweet little cars. I watched a couple vids on the anniversary yesterday and the lead Designer Bob Hall said it was the most "smiles-per-gallon" on the road! Love that!
    Hidden Content

My Rides (2013 Chevrolet Volt, 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Baja):
    Hidden Content
    @Testdrivejunkie
    "I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." - Mitch Hedberg ...

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information