2020 Hyundai Palisade Test Drive

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Hyundai Palisade Test Drive

R2-D2 Astromech Droid bballr4567's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,392 Times in 2,496 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

2020 Hyundai Palisade Test Drive

Well, unless you were sleeping under a rock Hyundai waa offering a $50 gift card to test drive any car so we thought why not. We're looking to replace our 13 Flex Limited in the near future anyways.

We drove a SEL with the premium package. MSRP is $42,175.

First thing is the looks. It's very odd in pictures. In person it looks much better. It has a very solid stance to it and the LED lights all around look awesome lit up.

The interior with the premium package is an absolute insane place. The best thing for us is the memory feature. I'm 6'5 and my wife is 5'5. It's the most annoying thing to have to move the seats all the time. Safety wise, the vehicle has some very cool technology. The ultrasonic passenger alert is such a smart system its unreal. When the car is shut off and locked it uses a sensor on the roof to scan the cabin for movement. If movement is detected it will alert the driver on the app AND will honk the horn. Other cool feature is those that have the blind zone will use those sensors to monitor driver side traffic when the car is in park and will not let you open the driver side doors if traffic is there.

The access for the third row is also very smart. There is a built in hand hold on the C pillar, one touch second row forward flip and the third row actually has power recline. The second row also has adjustable seat backs and can lay back an impressive amount that would be perfect for family road trips.

I believe there are 10 USB ports. An over abundance of storage space including under the console.

The drive is about to be expected of a larger CUV. Solid, quiet and just all around comfortable. The AWD equipped units have a LOCKABLE differential. Mind boggling. Five drive modes that actually make a difference from throttle response, transmission tuning and steering response. The push button trans is a little odd at first but very smart. If you are in drive or reverse and open the driver door and then take your foot off the brake it will automatically shift to park.

I know I'm missing quite a bit but with the Limited offering a standard dual pane sunroof, ventilated and heated seats, full digital cluster, double blind spot video in the IP, amazingly comfortable seats and so much more for $47k it's hard to see how this won't be a hit. My wife will likely have one by the end of the year once our house is finished being built.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bballr4567 For This Useful Post:

BlackGTP (07-21-2019),Neanderthal (07-20-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: 2020 Hyundai Palisade Test Drive

It does look 100x better than the Kia Telluride imo. The first one I saw looked great and had a very upscale look outside.

They sure do a great job on interiors. Up there with the Germans and leave anything Domestic and Japanese behind. No sure they moved the needle any in driving dynamics or performance. May take me at least 10 years to even consider another of their products, although the Genesis SUV may prove tempting.

It'll be a better deal when Avis/Hertz/Enterprise get rid of them in a year at 40% of retail. That's how I got my Daughters Sonata.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Chaos For This Useful Post:

Neanderthal (07-20-2019)

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

I thought about the rental route but..... I don't see that many high trims running through there at least the first few years.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,684 Times in 4,146 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Thanks, bballr! I like seeing the We-Drive-It write-ups. Funny, I was driving by the KIA dealer today and saw an unfamiliar big white vehicle with a KIA tag. Somebody was out test-driving a Telluride.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Where liberty dwells, there is my country. Benjamin Franklin

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

I kind of like the Telluride but the front end is even more polarizing to me. Plus, a loaded Telluride is actually more expensive than the Palisade. Kind of weird but it is what it is.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    18 CTS

I've seen a few of the Telluride's out already. i think both the KIA and the Hyundai are going to be big sellers. They seem pretty impressive.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,734 Times in 5,629 Posts

My sister has a Pilot and loves it, but will probably give it up for a Palisade or Telluride soon since she really digs both.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,743 Times in 3,267 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion
    There is always that wait between New and used lots.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by sfbreh View Post
    My sister has a Pilot and loves it, but will probably give it up for a Palisade or Telluride soon since she really digs both.
    I like the Pilot but it has that classic Honda cheap without being actually cheap feel to it.

Thanks
    My Ride

The Kia Telluride starts at $32,735 for the base LX model and ranges up to just under $47,000 for the loaded SX model. Despite being the more luxury-oriented model, the Hyundai Palisade starts at $32,595 for the base SE, undercutting the Telluride by $140. The Palisade tops out at $47,445, which is $910 more than the most expensive Telluride.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...palisade-2020/

When you opt for the range-topping Limited trim on the 2020 Hyundai Palisade, you immediately get the self-leveling suspension as standard. On the 2020 Kia Telluride, getting that feature requires you to opt for the Tow package, which also includes a tow hitch. As with the Palisade, the self-leveling suspension is only available on select trims of the Telluride (EX and SX only).

MORE TECH AND CONVENIENCE
    Hyundai gave the 2020 Palisade a little more convenience in the form of power folding third row seats, something the 2020 Kia Telluride doesn't offer on any trim. Another feature that the Hyundai gets is a 12.3-inch full digital cluster that's shared with the Korean-market Genesis G70 and the Kia K900. The 2020 Kia Telluride makes do with a 7.0-inch digital cluster, which is also available on the SEL trim of the 2020 Hyundai Palisade as part of a package.

A 630-watt Harman Kardon audio system is offered on the highest trims of the 2020 Hyundai Palisade and 2020 Kia Telluride. Both feature the same Quantum Logic surround sound functionality and Clari-Fi music restoration tech, but the Hyundai has two extra speakers, raising the total count to 12. Maybe your ears will be able to tell?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020...es-comparison/
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground. Thomas Jefferson

YEH
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    They sure do a great job on interiors. Up there with the Germans and leave anything Domestic and Japanese behind. No sure they moved the needle any in driving dynamics or performance. May take me at least 10 years to even consider another of their products, although the Genesis SUV may prove tempting.
    As you hinted at, that's what the Genesis CUVs are for.

The Palisade and Telluride offer a comfy ride and easy cruising (but despite their bulk, still drive smaller than their size).

But the 2 are not going to handle like a CX-9.

Of the 2, the Hyundai has a bit better ride and less body roll as it has more sophisticated Sachs shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    It'll be a better deal when Avis/Hertz/Enterprise get rid of them in a year at 40% of retail. That's how I got my Daughters Sonata.
    Doubt you'll find them anywhere close to the deal you got on the Sonata, esp. for the upper trims.

Kia isn't even offering employee or affiliate/vendor pricing as retail customers get priority due to demand.

Kia stopped taking orders for the top SXP trim as there is a 6 month backlog of orders and the ones which aren't spoken for and manage to hit dealer lots have been marked-up as much a $10k.

Crazy - but one was sold w/ $7k added to the sticker.

Too early to tell w/ the Palisade, but the Telluride (in its top trim) has been getting its fair share of luxury brand conquests.
    Last edited by YEH; 07-24-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

I like and don't like the CX9. It feels much smaller on the inside and while it drives really good it's almost too harsh for a 7 people seater.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 sdotjeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 Times in 764 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YEH View Post
    Kia isn't even offering employee or affiliate/vendor pricing as retail customers get priority due to demand.
    Noticed that the other day when I was monkeying around to see if I can use my employer's vendor discount on a Palisade...but I'm wondering if it just hasn't updated to include 2020s just yet. I'll check again in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
    I like and don't like the CX9. It feels much smaller on the inside and while it drives really good it's almost too harsh for a 7 people seater.
    I put the CX9 in the same category as the RX350L...there's a 3rd row but it should only be used if you're in a pinch and need it for some unexpected reason. I wouldn't subject anyone to that space on a regular basis intentionally.

On the Palisade...I saw a Dark Red Limited a couple weeks ago, ironically not too far away from a Cadillac Dealership, the XT6 is in serious trouble. Suede headliner, full digital gauge cluster...both if I'm not mistaken not available on the $52-71K XT6.
    My Rides:
    '19 Buick Enclave
    '07 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    '19 Mazda 6

Hidden Content

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by YEH View Post
    As you hinted at, that's what the Genesis CUVs are for.

The Palisade and Telluride offer a comfy ride and easy cruising (but despite their bulk, still drive smaller than their size).

But the 2 are not going to handle like a CX-9.

Of the 2, the Hyundai has a bit better ride and less body roll as it has more sophisticated Sachs shocks.

Doubt you'll find them anywhere close to the deal you got on the Sonata, esp. for the upper trims.

Kia stopped taking orders for the top SXP trim as there is a 6 month backlog of orders and the ones which aren't spoken for and manage to hit dealer lots have been marked-up as much a $10k.

Crazy - but one was sold w/ $7k added to the sticker.

Too early to tell w/ the Palisade, but the Telluride (in its top trim) has been getting its fair share of luxury brand conquests.
    Wow, crazy stuff.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Thanks
    My Ride
    2016 Camaro 1LT V6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by sdotjeezy View Post
    Noticed that the other day when I was monkeying around to see if I can use my employer's vendor discount on a Palisade...but I'm wondering if it just hasn't updated to include 2020s just yet. I'll check again in a month or so.

I put the CX9 in the same category as the RX350L...there's a 3rd row but it should only be used if you're in a pinch and need it for some unexpected reason. I wouldn't subject anyone to that space on a regular basis intentionally.

On the Palisade...I saw a Dark Red Limited a couple weeks ago, ironically not too far away from a Cadillac Dealership, the XT6 is in serious trouble. Suede headliner, full digital gauge cluster...both if I'm not mistaken not available on the $52-71K XT6.
    The double video from the side view cameras are absolutely fantastic. Heated and ventilated seats in the front two rows basically sold me!

The air vents having air diffusers is a really thoughtful as well. The ability to turn off the radio in the back rows is super cool.

The rainforest color is really pretty as well. Just the right amount of green.

20. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information