2019 Kia ProCeed Debuts As Shooting Brake With Sporty GT Version

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Kia ProCeed Debuts As Shooting Brake With Sporty GT Version

Thanks
    Thanked 1,078 Times in 603 Posts

Motor1
    SEP 13, 2018
    BY: ADRIAN PADEANU

The gorgeous ProCeed concept unveiled about a year ago at the Frankfurt Motor Show was a sign of great things to come from Kia. Those “things” have finally arrived in production form by taking the shape of a shooting brake and its sporty GT counterpart. Meet the completely new ProCeed, a more stylish family hauler than the Ceed Sportswagon without having to drastically sacrifice practicality.

For the third-generation ProCeed, Kia is ditching the unpopular three-door coupe in favor of a more versatile body style that really doesn’t have a direct competitor. There’s the Mercedes CLA Shooting Brake, but you’ll have to fork out significantly more money for that to access the premium segment. Interestingly, the new ProCeed will be sold only in GT Line and GT models to distance itself from the lesser Sportswagon available in all trims except for the range-topping GT.
    Not that it comes as a big surprise, but the attractive long-roof version inherits the same 1.0- and 1.4-liter gasoline and 1.6-liter diesel engines from the regular Ceed, plus the punchy 1.6-liter gasoline unit of the Ceed GT unveiled today. The sporty version will provide 201 horsepower and 265 Newton-meters (195 pound-feet) of torque channeled to the front wheels through either a standard six-speed manual or an optional seven-speed, dual-clutch automatic transmission.

You’ll be happy to hear the ProCeed is nearly as practical as the regular Sportswagon when it comes to cargo capacity. It offers a generous 594 liters (21 cubic feet) with the rear seats in place, which is almost a match for the 600 liters (21.1 cubic feet) you get in standard wagon. Kia has done a great job of tinkering with the roofline and the rear end to make the ProCeed look more appealing without hampering practicality.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to asrapid1 For This Useful Post:

johnstarnes (09-13-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member Neanderthal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,145 Times in 4,381 Posts
    My Ride
    17 Soul&/01 PT LTD/15 JD130

Re: 2019 Kia ProCeed Debuts As Shooting Brake With Sporty GT Version

That Ceed has a fat ass. The front looks good, profile view less so, and rear just doesn't make it. Your opinion may vary.

So that's the Spectra, evolved. My '07 Spectra was my first KIA, it replaced my '04 Impala. Both cars were trouble-free. Impala needed the GM Parts Direct front and rear anti-roll bars and some KYB shocks to make it roadworthy but otherwise it was an utterly reliable Road Warrior First Class. Spectra really only needed a HD rear anti-roll bar which made it the cat's meow. Both, of course, needed tires since OE were junk.

This car must be Rio-sized, or maybe between Rio and Forte? I'll stick with my Soul at this point.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,848 Posts
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    That Ceed has a fat ass. The front looks good, profile view less so, and rear just doesn't make it. Your opinion may vary.

So that's the Spectra, evolved. My '07 Spectra was my first KIA, it replaced my '04 Impala. Both cars were trouble-free. Impala needed the GM Parts Direct front and rear anti-roll bars and some KYB shocks to make it roadworthy but otherwise it was an utterly reliable Road Warrior First Class. Spectra really only needed a HD rear anti-roll bar which made it the cat's meow. Both, of course, needed tires since OE were junk.

This car must be Rio-sized, or maybe between Rio and Forte? I'll stick with my Soul at this point.
    The Ceed and Proceed are designed, built and sold in Europe instead of the Forte

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Ruperts Trooper View Post
    The Ceed and Proceed are designed, built and sold in Europe instead of the Forte
    Roger that. Forte replaced Spectra in US-America market.

Jump to navigationJump to search
    Kia Ceed
    Kia cee'd 1.6 CRDi 128 Spirit (JD) – Frontansicht, 11. April 2015, Düsseldorf.jpg
    2012 Kia cee'd (JD)
    Overview
    Manufacturer Kia Motors
    Production 2006–present
    Body and chassis
    Class Compact car (C)
    Body style 3-door hatchback (Pro cee'd) (2006-2018)
    5-door hatchback
    5-door station wagon (Cee'd SW)
    Layout Front-engine, front-wheel-drive
    Chronology
    Predecessor Kia Spectra
    Kia Cerato
    The Kia Ceed (styled as CEED; known as the Kia cee'd before 2018) is a compact car produced by the South Korean manufacturer Kia Motors since 2006, exclusively for the European market. It was released in December 2006, superseding the Kia Spectra and is available as a three-door hatchback (Pro cee'd), a five-door hatchback and a five-door station wagon (Cee'd SW), with a choice of four engines (two gasoline and two diesel), five trim levels (1, 2, 3, 4 and 4 Tech – previously S, GS, LS and SR) and either manual or automatic transmission.

The Cee'd is Kia's first European-designed and built car and Kia intends to sell and manufacture the car exclusively in Europe. To mark the occasion, Kia took the initials of the European Economic Community, EEC or CEE in some places and added ED for European Design. Realizing that "CEEED" had too many ‘E's, they replaced the last 'E' with an apostrophe, with "Cee'd" being the end result.

Related Hyundai Elantra
    Hyundai i30
    Kia Forte
    The Cee'd was designed in Frankfurt, Germany, with Miklós Kovács leading the design team.[1] while the Concept Car was designed by Pontus Fontaeus. Cars are manufactured in the Kia factory in Teplička nad Váhom, Slovakia.[citation needed]

As of 2010, the Cee'd received Kia's new corporate grille, known as the Tiger Nose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Ceed
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

The freedom of Speech may be taken away, and, dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the Slaughter. George Washington

Hidden Content

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Holy Hannah the Accord Crosstour returns. Ick

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Thanks

I love it, especially the view from the back end.
    "The only normal people are the ones you don't know well". unknown

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Hey at least they didn't call it a coupe. Although it's no Shooting Brake either.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to big swede For This Useful Post:

rockyspaw (09-14-2018),tripowergto Jan2003 (09-13-2018)

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 tripowergto Jan2003's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 485 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnstarnes View Post
    I love it, especially the view from the back end.
    Yet, it has no fins....
    2018 Hot Wheels 2SS Camaro Conv ~ 2016 2LT Corvette 7spd ~ 2017 Camaro RS V6 6spd ~ 2014 Chevy Volt(traded) ~ 2009 Pontiac G8 GT ~ 2002 Firebird Formula 6spd

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tripowergto Jan2003 For This Useful Post:

johnstarnes (09-13-2018)

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,039 Times in 3,402 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion
    What is a shooting brake,?

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    What is a shooting brake,?
    THAT is a damn good question, my friend. It may be a term designed to scare snowflakes, as we know "shooting" or "target" or "bang!" petrifies many modern kollij stoodints and sends them to the crying room.

As for "brake," I don't know. But it sounds far too similar to "break" which could mean broken bones or other frightening, scary things like "spring break" or even "gimme a break."

An odd term, it certainly doesn't describe a fastback station wagon which is what we're seeing here.
    Last edited by Neanderthal; 09-14-2018 at 02:56 PM.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Hidden Content

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

mbukukanyau (09-14-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,848 Posts
    My Ride
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by big swede View Post
    Hey at least they didn't call it a coupe. Although it's no Shooting Brake either.
    The term relates to an early 20th century vehicle for taking shooting parties out on shooting trips https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting-brake

The ProCeed is a modern version of a Shooting Brake, like Mercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake or Jaguar XF Sportbrake.
    Last edited by Ruperts Trooper; 09-14-2018 at 03:38 AM.

Thanks
    My Ride

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to navigationJump to search

1910 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Shooting Brake
    A shooting-brake is a car body style that has evolved through several distinct meanings over its history.

"Shooting-brake" originated as an early 19th century British term[1] for a vehicle used to carry shooting parties[2] with their equipment and game. The etymology of the term brake is uncertain;[3] initially a chassis used to break in horses, and subsequently used to describe a motorized vehicle. It is also possible, that the word 'brake' has its origins in the Dutch word 'brik' which means 'cart' or 'carriage'.[citation needed]

The term was later applied to custom-built wagons by high-end coachbuilders and subsequently became synonymous with a station wagon or estate car.[4][5][6][7][8]

In contemporary usage, the term shooting-brake has broadened to include a range of vehicles from five-door station wagons — to three-door models combining features of a wagon and a coupé.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting-brake

As I said, to me it's a half-assed term that pretty much means nothing to anyone not immersed in auto trivia, 100 years after it had some sort of meaning.
    2017 Soul &, Titanium

Hidden Content

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neanderthal For This Useful Post:

1958carnut (09-14-2018),mbukukanyau (09-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,404 Times in 2,208 Posts
    My Ride
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

I think the thing is cool, supposed "fat ass" and everything. The ?aerodynamics add ons? tend to be the culprit I think.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to 1958carnut For This Useful Post:

johnstarnes (09-16-2018)

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big swede View Post
    It seem like this is an attempt to do the same thing with the shooting brake that Audi, Mercedes, and BMW did with the coupe when they started slapping that moniker on 4-door fastbacks.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 big swede's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Scat Pack Shaker

Quote Originally Posted by SVT74 View Post
    It seem like this is an attempt to do the same thing with the shooting brake that Audi, Mercedes, and BMW did with the coupe when they started slapping that moniker on 4-door fastbacks.
    Totally agree. We all know what a shooting brake is and what a coupe is and these aren’t them. Marketing.

24. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information