2008 Infiniti G35

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Infiniti G35

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 princecharmless's Avatar
    Thanks

2008 Infiniti G35

Ok guys i found this over at autoweek.com about 5 months ago...
    June 9 2010: I saw the new Buick Regal...and it was beautiful

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 griswold44's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2008 Infiniti G35

Looks a little like the Maxima.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 princecharmless's Avatar
    Thanks

and now for a rear view...
    June 9 2010: I saw the new Buick Regal...and it was beautiful

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

I like it. It's got more verve than the current one, which I always felt was a little bland.

Thanks

looks nice, seen those pics on several site.... i think their gonna make the coupe and sedan share the same roofline, which makes for a better looking sedan and a more practicaly coupe.

and i think that's the same article that show the projected engin/ hp... 4.1L V-6 and 330hp!! given their market strategy lately, infiniti won't let lexus's IS outpower the G, and the 3 series and CTS are uping their game too.... this should be quite fun to watch in 2 years when this, the CTS, IS, and 3 are all out

Thanks

but that's 330 hp not rated in that new SAE standard right? Whatever it is in the US will most likely be lower.
    There is no replacement for displacement - except for the turbo in my basement Hidden Content
    2005 GTO Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,308 Times in 4,035 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Nissan seems to be runnig out of design ideas

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

I like a tighter-looking vehicle, and this certainly fits the bill; it's better than the current generation.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen of the 2007/2008 CTS, it appears my loyalty can/will remain comfortably with the General.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AdmiralViscen's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I can't like Infiniti anymore.
    Hidden Content
    God Bless the Blue Bullet.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,308 Times in 4,035 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Traverse | 2018 Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by tgagneguam
    I like a tighter-looking vehicle, and this certainly fits the bill; it's better than the current generation.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen of the 2007/2008 CTS, it appears my loyalty can/will remain comfortably with the General.
    Like I said, Nissan is running out of Ideas, like all Japanese makes do, itsa time to vopy someone now... again!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau
    Like I said, Nissan is running out of Ideas, like all Japanese makes do, itsa time to vopy someone now... again!
    I hardly think it's Infiniti who's copying ideas. The CTS doesn't have intelligent key, nor does it offer AWD or a coupe. No Cadillac has a lane departure warning system, and the STS doesn't offer a rearview camera or rear seats that offer power recline. The STS doesn't have a rear seat DVD entertainment system, nor 19" wheels along with rear high-speed steering. The CTS doesn't offer LED gauges or taillights while the STS only doesn't offer LED gauges. I'm also yet to see adaptive Left/Right headlights on a Cadillac. And where's the active headrests on the STS? I'm not mentioning the ones on the G35 since those were rated Poor by the IIHS, but the M has the redesigned ones from the Altima that are supposed to get atleast an Acceptable. Each manufacturer has their own merits, and in this competitive market, everybody has to copy some ideas while keeping to their own roots.

And BTW, wasn't it Toyota who first came up with the "Star Safety System" and Honda who followed by introducing "Safety for Everyone" with GM copying by saying they will add OnStar and StabiliTrak to every model in the coming years?

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 AdmiralViscen's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see why anyone would say this car is an example of Nissan running out of ideas.

You could say that GM started the whole Standard Safety BS with ABS in the early 90s.
    Hidden Content
    God Bless the Blue Bullet.

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,032 Posts
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by tgagneguam

Have you SEEN the new 07/08 CTS? If you have, that's pretty cool. They say it is going to have some edginess to it like now, but incorporate some of the styling cues from the Sixteen Concept. I'm hoping that they add some extra performance to the 3.6L V6 since it seems like there's room for more power -- and with Nissan tuning the hell out of the VQ engine in the G35, they'll need to offer similar performance.

I just hope GM does it right since the folks at Infiniti and other luxury marques are really coming out with some excellent products and GM needs to stay competitive on all fronts.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Premium Member Swahili's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure too many people will agree with me here, but I don't like the looks of this G35 to-be as much as the current one. I think the current model has more character as an independent car, that doesn't share too much of its self with it's 4 door brother. The coupe and sedan both seem to have their own characteristics which makes them appealing to me (anyways) because 85% of vehicles on the road lack that character.

I don't like the rear end all that much, it looks, dare I say it.........Tiburon-ish? I'm not big on this one.

*Arms self with flame retardant suit* :wall:
    Last edited by Swahili; 06-26-2005 at 12:13 PM.
    Hidden Content

2000 Chevy Monte Carlo SS. Black, 3800 Series II V6, 4 speed automatic - 150,500km.

Thanks

Yeah, I saw these images a while back. The front is pretty good; it has kind of an M influence. The rear is good, I'd just slightly change the tail lights. I do believe a power increase to 330hp would come by way of a larger engine or a modified 3.5L VQ. The 3.5L (as it stands now) I believe has reached the limits of the power it can produce (300hp) without modification. I can wait for Infiniti to release an actual concept vehicle of the next G.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information