Zeta 2007 GTO by CyberianHusky

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeta 2007 GTO by CyberianHusky

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 CyberianHusky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I went back to the drawing board after finding out the the next GTO would be on the zeta platform. So I started with a zeta concept car and went nuts with it.
    Please be gentle.

(I've noticed that if you have your browser set to automatically resize the image to fit it tends to look really jagged. Make sure you are viewing it at the full size.)
    Is it coincidence that Bob Lutz owns an Hidden Content
    Don't get it? Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    The fronts cool but it gets les pontiac to the end.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 amark329's Avatar
    Thanks
    That is awesome. One of the best concpets on the board I've ever seen. You really are good at photoshop. That's a sweet redesign I hope GM is watching!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 chev454ls's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's definately something that would stand out in a crowd, unlike the current version. Pretty bad-*** if you ask me. Good job.
    '97 GTP
    '65 Impala Convertible

Thanks
    that concept is sweet as!

reminds me a prowler, which is a good thing, cos that thing actually looked like a muscle car B)

Thanks
    Like WOW......

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member BigAls87Z28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Wow, great design man! The rear gives it too much of a hatch look, and that lower dual port grill might be too much. How about just make that one oblong grill? The rear fender bulges look VERY agressive, and thats where my eyes tend to wander...to the rear (like most men, I like my cars like I like my women .)

anyway, the hood lines are very nice and it looks very agressive. Maybe a little over the top for production, but a good car show design! Good job!

B)
    Alexander Villani
    GMInsideNews Writer/Editor

Have some news?
    Email Me: Hidden Content
    Follow me on twitter: @AlexVGMI

Thanks
    I think Rex is in trouble,I see alot of a Mustang in it,truly astouding,great job

Thanks
    Thanks again for the comments.

Instead of the screen on the bottom ports, how about the louver look that they are putting on Pontiacs now?

Thanks
    Overall, I think it's awesome. I'm not crazy about the dual grill and I think a version of the Solstice's front-end might work better. I do like the lines on the hood as well as the flared fender wells in the rear and the subtle GTO badging. I think it's a nice improvement of the current car. Well done!!

3eb
    Thanks
    that is perfect. it does get a little less GTO looking toward the back, but i don't care...it doesn't have to be retro. the front is perfect....in fact, i wouldn't change a thing to the whole car, it's wonderful.

GN6
    Thanks
    Nice! Love the headlights. I would have taken the divider that runs the length of the hood, and style it more in the fashion of a '68 GTO. Not necessarily an exact copy, but keeping both sides near the center of the hood rather than having the edges touch the corners of the windshield. I hope that makes sense.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    I don't know about GTO but that would be the perfect Firebird. Slap the old 70's bird decal on the hood and this thing would be awesome!

Thanks
    Originally posted by GN6@Jul 23 2004, 01:11 PM
    Nice! Love the headlights. I would have taken the divider that runs the length of the hood, and style it more in the fashion of a '68 GTO. Not necessarily an exact copy, but keeping both sides near the center of the hood rather than having the edges touch the corners of the windshield. I hope that makes sense.
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I did think long about how I wanted the raised portion in the center to appear, but I also wanted to shy away from overt retro styling. That's the unofficial design profile from GM and I wanted to follow that.

I have to disagree (naturally) about the back end not really echoing the old GTO's. The '67 GTO was my inspiration for keeping the raised back fender, the sloping rear deck, and the upward angled rear window. The spoiler design was taken from the '69.

I will try to do a rear view to show off how I envision the tail. Dual pipes and some '66 or '68 inspired tail lights. I also might change the headlights to more of a stacked setup.

Thanks
    i love everything about that design, its excellent. That car would make some pontiac...

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information