Wranglercide: GMC Dune

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wranglercide: GMC Dune

Thanks

Wranglercide: GMC Dune

Have been working on this on and off for the past 6 or more hours.. got hooked.

Despite suggesting the comp idea a while ago, and choosing it for this comp', I still had no idea what to do. Today I got some inspiration, I was inspired by the Aerial Atom, was going to go down the exo-chassis route but went covered in in the end. So Ariel Atom mixed with traditional beach buggie, competition dune climbers, and regular Jeep. Divided whether to say the engine is in the front or back. The wheel arches would be a little different too, the front ones look connected to the front bumper which shouldn't be.

The original idea was so that it could have smaller tyres put on it and the suspension be lowered so that it could be a sports car too, but maybe dedicated off-road is more realistic. Another idea was to have a third bucket seat in the middle at the back.

Not sure how this has turned out my eyes have gone purple and triangular from staring at it for hours.

Blah blah, here it is GMC Dune.

Last edited by Joe88; 02-13-2011 at 10:04 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    '12 Ford Focus

Re: Wranglercide: GMC Dune

I really like it! It's like a Darth Vader Dune buggy- the green headlight accent is very cool. One thing that seems a little skewed is the roll bar. The shape of it is perfect but it seems to be out of perspective with the rest of the drawing. It's hard to explain, but the far side of the roll bar looks like it should be further to the right, in line with the center of the wheel.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Plymouth Prowler meets Ford Indigo?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

TH16MN, I think it's because I've tried to make the top of the bar more narrow than the cabin, and my mind broke when I was trying to make that look realistic, easy solution is that I could make the top section wider but it's not the look I wanted, might have to leave it for now.

Rex: I did think of the prowler, but that was only when the picture was coming together, not intended... but I don't mind the idea of retro hot-rod meets space-age (from the 90's) racer.

Cheers for your comments, and I'm glad to see the unofficial contest getting some attention, and tough competition.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 flatblackstrat's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Kawasaki Er-4n

It's like a prowler in Steroids. I like it.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by t-rex Hidden Content
    Oh come on. Don't tell me you don't dress missus sol (solwoman?) up as Wonder Woman, build a twin towers out of mashed potatoes in the kitchen, have the kids fly remote control miniature jets (while dressed in Arab garb) into them while you do your best Will Smith impersonation from "Independence Day" ??
    11 Kawasaki Er-4n
    09 Mercedes C200
    07 Dodge Nitro RT
    06 Mercedes B170
    05 Dodge Stratus SXT
    03 Tiburon GT 6SPD
    96 Dodge Avenger ES
    91 Pontiac Grand Prix STE

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 RamJet502's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2021 LT Trail Boss 6.2L

Nice work, looks great.

Thanks

Added roof on picture, and did a few styling tweaks (might be hard to spot). Including making the roll bar more realistic... but then I put tint over it.

Have also been playing with colours and different grill options, will post if I'm happy with any of them.

Colour requests?
    Last edited by Joe88; 02-14-2011 at 08:06 AM.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information