WIP: Saab Flagship Supersedan

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WIP: Saab Flagship Supersedan

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MarioBro88's Avatar
    Thanks

WIP: Saab Flagship Supersedan

Should I bother continuing? BTW, a part of the face got cut off in the scanning (not much).

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Thanked 2,133 Times in 2,129 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero

Re: WIP: Saab Flagship Supersedan

By all means, please continue. The idea of a Saab super sedan was broached in the Saab Revitalization-In-Action Feature.

Quote Originally Posted by GMI SAAB RIA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010 9-9x

Trim Levels

Base: 9-9x 4.0t
    Up-level: 9-9x Aero

Introduction

No luxury brand is complete without a range topping luxury flagship. It's a necessity to be taken seriously and to truly compete. The positive image of a luxury flagship rubs off on the whole lineup. Nothing less then an all out Cadillac style revitalization will be enough to truly bring Saab into contention for mainstream luxury buyers in the US. Saab needs a competitive, stunning Full-size luxury sedan. The 9-9x is that car.

The import makes (most specifically, German) guard the upper luxury segment that they control aggressively. Only Lexus's recent offering is a credible attempt at breaking into this market. The German automakers don't take this lightly, they're on their game, and all of GM needs to be focused on making sure that the 9-9x works.
    A standard complement of Saab features, such as driver’s oriented cockpit, NightPanel, SID, SAHR II and anti-submarining seats are included. Additional luxury features in the interior abound, and include reclining rear heated/cooled/massaging seats, 4-Zone Digital Climate Control System, Heads Up Display, Night Vision, Green LED Ambient Lighting, genuine dash wood, Alcantara leather and a lane change warning system. The 9-9x isn't something that can be done cheaply, or quickly. It has to be done right. Exclusivity, attention to detail and beautiful styling will be the 9-9x's selling points. Even in a high end market like this, there is no exclusivity. On America's populous and fashionable coasts, luxury makes are common place, and S-Classes and 7-Series sedans are seen everywhere. Buyers are starting to yearn for something different, and that is the beautiful opportunity that Saab should work to capture. By targeting the performance segment of the premium sedan market (7-series and XJR), Saab can effectively cohabitate with future high end Cadillacs, which would most likely target the sophisticated luxury segment (S-Class, 760Li). GM needs a piece of this profitable market, and the 9-9x is the way to get it.

Based on an premium version of the Zeta platform, the Saab 9-9x utilizes some engine and platform components that are rumored to be in development and or should be developed by the time we are proposing this car be introduced. For the engines, we start out with the excellent HF series. The HF has the capability to go to 4.0L in size. This would be the engine that would go into the base model 9-9x. The Aero sport model would utilize GM's Ultra V8, itself a variation of the HF series engines. A 4.6L Turbo Charged Ultra V8 powers the AWD system. Unique features abound, and the styling sets the car apart from the competition, along with Saab's excellent reputation for safety and innovation. The 9-9x utilizes all of Saab's technologies and is a safety showcase. It's hard to pinpoint a release date for a car like this, but expect more to be heard regarding this model. We expect it arrive sometime later in the decade, with an introduction in 2009 as a 2010, possibly even into the next decade. We haven't heard anything specific about this model, so it's future is uncertain.

Specifications Sheet

Vehicle Type:
    5 Passenger Full-size Premium Luxury Sedan
    Size Comparison: BMW 7-Series Standard
    Competitors: BMW 7-Series, Audi A8, Jaguar XJ, Quatttroporte
    Size Comparison: BMW 7-Series
    Base Platform: Premium Zeta
    Drive Wheels: AWD; 50/50 split
    Engines:
    9-9x 4.0t: 4.0L 380HP HF Mild Turbo V6
    9-9x Aero: 4.6L 480HP Turbo Ultra V8
    Transmissions: 6-speed Sentronic, 7 speed DSG

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 princecharmless's Avatar
    Thanks

looks like a Panamera rendering.
    June 9 2010: I saw the new Buick Regal...and it was beautiful

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

yeah i'm seeing some rapide in it as well

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

One: Get it through your head....... thick scratchy lines doesn't look good. And neither do ill-shapen lopsided wheels.

Two: Design wise I like it. I like the hatchback look of it.

Thanks

I like the idea. But if it is a super sedan, the read door has to be bigger than an Ion coupe's rear door. And if it is a super sedan, it has to be a sedan, not a hatch. In the spirit of the 900 sedan, a fastback look would work.

Thanks

I actually like it!
    KEITH

Banned
    Thanks

Never stop, even if it is crap. You could easily come up with a different idea and make it into something beautiful!

2b2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 2b2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princecharmless
    looks like a Panamera rendering.
    Except it's more angular - I see some DeLorean or other cars from back then - tho this looks quite modern
    I like it a lot!
    front/grille could look more epensive tho - maybe with more detailing?
    Is it s'posed to be roughly CLS sized? looks a bit more compact.
    re: EV styling
    "...like a bunch of 1960's Citroen designers would do given LSD and a room full of Pokemon....in a good sort of way"
    Hidden Content best fanboy def Ever
    " 4: Oh. My. God!!! My favorite shade of white!!!!! "

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC MarioBro88's Avatar
    Thanks

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 camaro_freak's Avatar
    Thanks

better.. but again watch the perspective on the front of the car... the lines should go to a single point in space off teh page. What you have is the exact opposite.
    Hidden Content
    Check out my blog at: Hidden Content

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information