Vent Tutorial

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vent Tutorial

Thanks

Vent Tutorial

I wanted to do a vent tutorial to help out a friend and GMI's choppers. I was asked to explain how to do vents, so here it goes. Let me know what you think! If its good, maybe I will make some more.

Click the thumbnail for the tutorial.

Last edited by heals120; 02-15-2007 at 04:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Gturismo1's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Vent Tutorial

Nice tutorial. Although there is a little more to it than the tutorial explains. It is a very good start though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gturismo1
    Nice tutorial. Although there is a little more to it than the tutorial explains. It is a very good start though
    Thats actually all that there is unless you are looking at it a different way. What do you see that I missed?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Well, this is what I am concerned with. The tutorial fails to mention to be cautious of doing this over door lines. Most people will see this tutorial, make a big vent down the side of the car, and forget to offset the door line to create the element of depth.

Yes, its trivial, but I still think it should have been included in the tutorial, just to make it more complete.

Plus, the edges around the vents seem to be a little too sharp. I'm not bashing the tutorial, i'm just stating that it could use a few additions to make it more "The Go-To Tutorial For Drawing Vents", that's all.

But it is damn good work though, have you tried to see if you can get it posted over at Photoshopchop.com, or maybe the Photoshop Bible?

But do keep up the good work
    Last edited by Gturismo1; 02-15-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks

The bible is all Petes work. I don't think he uses other people's work on there. I havn't used it on the Shop Chop. I believe they have a number of vent tutorials.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heals120
    The bible is all Petes work. I don't think he uses other people's work on there. I havn't used it on the Shop Chop. I believe they have a number of vent tutorials.
    Yes, but yours is by far the quickest, easiest, and best laid out one I've seen so far. I'd still post it at the Chop Shop if I we're you.

Thanks

Cool Re: Vent Tutorial

Thx

Thanks

hmm, i don't really need it, but i'd like to see this, the first picture is showing up for every one i click.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    hmm, i don't really need it, but i'd like to see this, the first picture is showing up for every one i click.
    Thats because its all one image. When the imageshack page shows up with the picture, just scroll down.

Thanks

o i see, clever heals, clever .

Thanks

Red face Re: Vent Tutorial

ok, now that i've seen it, i noticed some flaws with what you're doing . here's how i do it, well skipping a bunch of steps :

i used your first and last slide, then modified the last one and that's at the bottom. i darkened that little rectangular part in the back of the vent, as well as extended that panel ( the "floor" of the vent) into the vent, to give it some more dimension. hope this helps .
    -camaroman22
    Last edited by camaroman22; 02-21-2007 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaroman22
    ok, now that i've seen it, i noticed some flaws with what you're doing . here's how i do it, well skipping a bunch of steps :

i used your first and last slide, then modified the last one and that's at the bottom. i darkened that little rectangular part in the back of the vent, as well as extended that panel ( the "floor" of the vent) into the vent, to give it some more dimension. hope this helps .
    -camaroman22
    Those had copyrights on them. You'll be hearing from my lawyer. Not really. Worth a scare though. Your pic's arent big enough to see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heals120
    Those had copyrights on them. You'll be hearing from my lawyer. Not really. Worth a scare though. Your pic's arent big enough to see.
    hmm, if you're using Opera hold shift and hit the + key, or hold control and scroll 'up' to zoom in, that's how i can see them. or just save it and zoom in on your computer .

16. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information