I am doing a project sort of like GMI's "Revitilization in Action" project with Chevrolet Cars. (but this is not, i repeat, not a GMI sponsored or affiliated project. Do not contact GMI staff members about this project as this is my doing only.)
Except I am calling mine "Revolutionary Thinking: The Chevy of 2013."
The Cars will be hand-drawn- but your opinion will influence the line-up, styling, platforms, and direction for Chevrolet. The Cars will be set for the year 2013, so keep this in mind as well. This is only a project, but it will be a fun one. So let me hear your opinions and lets redesign Chevrolet!
Cars due for a redesign near 2013: (Note: name of cars in red may be dropped due to importance)
Impala near 2013
Aveo near 2013
Traverse near 2013
Equinox near 2013
Silverado near 2013
Colorado near 2010
Colbalt near 2010
Avalanche/Tahoe/Suburban near 2013
Cars that may be added to the line-up due to GM decisions: (Tenative)
Stingray (kappa roadster)
El Camino (Holden Ute) (May replace Colorado)
Avalanche replacement? (Unibody truck to compete with Honda Ridgeline)
Questions!!!!: Answer Truthfully:
1. Do you think a 2008 Malibu as a 2-dr coupe would be acceptable as a Chevelle? (Answer this question as if they were going to make one as a 2009 model.)
2. Should the Chevrolet Traverse be more like the Acadia & Outlook (Square) or Enclave? (Curvy)
3. Would you like the design of the Camaro's headlights to be used as inspiration for other Chevy headlights? Explain if Heavily or Lightly inspired or no. This would be a melding of the SS concepts' headlights look and the Camaro's.
4. Volt in four door only or a coupe and convertible as well?
5. Would you like it if the Camaro's grille influenced the Corvette's Grille?
6. Chevrolet's new two port grille is attractive and corporate, Are you for more flexibility in the new two port grille? (not so square.)
7. Are you for glass roofs on Chevrolets?
8. Do you like the Chevrolet SS concept? Explain briefly.
9. Which 3 current Chevy models would you drop?
10. What 3 types of models/models do you think Chevy should add? (Answer this question as if the Traverse, Camaro and Volt were already out.)
11. Pick 3 of these names that you think would sound good on a new Chevy for 2013: Surge, Spark, Stealth, Revolution, Revolt or suggest your ideas for a few names, but pick three.
12. Name 3 concept cars from the recent past (Go back no further than 10 years) Nomad, Bel Air, Borrego, SS, etc. that you would like to see redone, and possibly become a part of the Chevy line-up. (There will be 2 concept vehicles for this project.)
13. Under the heading near the top of the page under "Cars that may be added to the line-up due to GM decisions" which appeal and do not appeal to you?
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this survey and I want you to know that your opinion counts toward my project!!! The finished project should be displayed sometime within the late Nov-Dec area. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!