Take a look at my redesign of the Uplander

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Take a look at my redesign of the Uplander

Thanks
    Well since everyone (myself included) thinks the Uplander is so ugly I thought I'd take a stab at changing the styling. Now keep in mind I did this on paint so it doesn't look the greatest. I tried to make it look more like the rest of the the Chevy line up and it also looks a little more SUVish which I think is a good thing since Chevy seems to be trying to advertise it as a half van, half SUV thing.

Here's the address, If anyone wants to post the image (I don't know how)that'd be great.
    http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v294/G...f_/9fab40ee.bmp

Also here's what the car originally looks like
    http://www.chevrolet.com/uplander/gallery.htm
    Never mind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Except for the lights and some goof ups on the grille and windows I'm not really noticing anything different, maybe you could point it out?

GMI Contributor Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks
    I like the chrome bar across the front. I see where you are going with the headlights, but I think you need to do it from another angle - I'm not sure that works - looks like the lights are on the bumper area (not a good thing).

If Chevy is really shooting for an SUV image, it seems odd to leave the chrome bar out --- and I still don't like that Cheyenne concept's feminized look without chrome bar, if that's what Chevy was shooting for.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    Doesn't load for me.
    2015 Chrysler Town and Country
    2010 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 -- 86,000 miles

Family: 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ, 2013 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ; 2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS; 2015 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD; 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LT; 2005 Chevrolet Impala

Thanks
    Looks uglier..Sorry...good try though. I see where you are going: a 'low-costing' effective redesign.

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't like it. The lights are just too ugly. I think if applied correctly, the chrome cross-bar would look nice on the Uplander.

Thanks
    I really hate the front of the new Malibu, which seems what the front syling of the Uplander is based on, where the bar goes underneath the lights so thats why I put the lights under it like that and then the only other thing I changed was making the bar chrome. Theres some more things I would change like lowering where the bumper starts to bulge out so it doesn't look like the lower lights are on it if I had more skills and wasn't doing this on paint. I still don't think it looks that great, no vans do, but I think I like it better than the current design of the Uplander.
    Never mind.

3eb
    Thanks
    i think GM should scrap what they have for vans and start over. or just ditch it all together, they've never been good at minivans, they've ever even come close to competing...and judging by what they've just given us, they never will.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Cadillac ATS4 2.0T
    All I can say is that is the most discusting front end of an automobile ive ever seen. if they even come out with something even close to that I will never buy another GM product ever again! Sorry nice try but that is hideous. :angry:
    Current Rides:

2012 Chevrolet Volt
    2014 Cadillac ATS-4 2.0T

Thanks
    I think Gorf's changes make it more in line with the newer Chevy bowtie look. Not that it looks a whole lot better, just more consistent with the current look of the Chevy brand. Uplander as it is now is one fugly rig! Reminds me of the old Durango front end. Yecccch!

GMI Contributor Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks
    What really needs a redesign is that fugly Buick Terraza grille with the black plastic slats...looks like a wide open fish mouth or a huge black nose --- it doesn't even PRETEND to look premium... Looks like a KIA on a bad day.

Thanks
    The CSV's will not get a good rating on the outside. And, for me, I would not like to be driving a vehicle that looks pukey on the outside. Even though the interior is nice, with cool features,and all: I could buy a Sienna, and get an even better interior, and exterior.

Thanks
    I think that it's an improvement....

GM goes around getting our hopes up with promising cars like the G6 and the Cobalt and then we get THESE FOUL VEHICLES that try to pass for minivans. :microwave:

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 jro4566's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah...that doesn't really do it for me. Sorry...

2007 BMW 328i. Black sapphire metallic. Terra leather. Poplar wood. Automatic trans. Xenon adaptive headlights. BMW Assist. Bluetooth. Premium package. Heated seats. iDrive navigation system. Rear sonar. Comfort access. LOGIC7 surround sound. Sirius. 18" BMW wheels. Rear spoiler.

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury. Black onyx pearl. Beige leather. 4WD. Chrome hood vents, mirror covers, exhaust. Silver grille, taillight trim. Brushed metal bumper protector. Running boards.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information