GM Inside News Forum banner

A Simple Cruze Chop

869 views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  TuffG929 
#1 ·
I still had not found a way to make the Cruze's black triangle look normal, but I think I nailed it this time. If you just delete it, it looks too much (like WAY too much) like a Mazda3. If you make it into a window, the balance of the car is thrown off. So I compromised. I made is smaller and curved up to give the appearance of a more muscular C-Pillar. This makes the C-Pillar thicker. I also added some hips near the trunk-lid like the Caddy CTS sports. Tell me what y'all think!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice work, however, I think it makes the back end look too small. I actual have decided I like the black triangle, as it gives them an excuse to lengthen the chrome strip and makes the greenhouse seem bigger.

#7 ·
I think the attempt to make the C-pillar look more muscular just makes it look fussy and overthought compared to the rest of the car. Maybe if you continued to work on the rest of the car to tie in with the muscular appearance, it would make more sense.
Neat chop though.

#8 ·
now it looks like a stubby Mazda 6. There is nothing wrong with the Cruze, But if you wanna make it look "normal" just delete the triangle and reproportion the c pillar to look like the Acura TL's. I've done it and its attractive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.