Shelby Cobra - - Retouch

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shelby Cobra - - Retouch

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks
    I find it interesting the Ford is showing this car. Do you think that this might be hinting at a 'Vette fighter.

I find that the concept car kinda looks dumpy... I tried to open up the grille so that it did not frown so much. I also added some side exhaust.

I've also added some lighting effects to the car, so you might have to look closely to see some of the mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Nice Chop! I like the fog lamps you added

Thanks
    The sad thing is, if the Shellby hit production, Ford will have at least 3 Corvette killers.

But hey, we have the Solstice. (Thank heavens for the boob)

With all the lights you added, it's really hard to tell the difference.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor Premium Member Ming's Avatar
    Thanks
    Originally posted by TAFreak@Jan 6 2004, 11:27 AM
    The sad thing is, if the Shellby hit production, Ford will have at least 3 Corvette killers.

I've said this before, but the Solstice is supposed to be priced under 20K.

It's not a 40 thousand dollar Cobra, or even a 35,000 dollar Audi TT or something. It's a track racer, like a Beck Spyder or a Mazda Miata. A balanced top-down machine for the budget, yet much more balanced and refined than a convertible Sunbird ever was.

It's more like a reborn Fiero (hopefully without all of the quality issues) or British roadster.

When they decide to call the Solstice "Firebird", I'll join your rant. Until then, stop comparing it to the corvette or some monster car from Ford.

Next thing, you'll be comparing the Solstice to the Ford GT....

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member BigAls87Z28's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by TAFreak@Jan 6 2004, 04:27 PM

3 vette killers?

um... 1? GT40 priced 3x teh cost of a Vette... but yeah it will kill a base C6

and.. there are 2 more? Are we talking about the 03 cobra? oh boy, you must not go to the track much. For an LS1 fanatic, you dont know much? I have yet to see a STOCK 03 cobra push low 12's to beat a C5, and a 03 cobra vs Z06 is a mismatch made in heaven. This car will never see the light of day no matter how bad you want to see GM go up in flames. Comparing a 20k 4cyl roadster to a 70+k figure for the cobra, V10 roaster is insane. You wont be happy till GM starts pumping out sub-par sports cars, adding hood scoops and boddy cladding, along with crappy interiors on RWD chassis and tagging the name Trans Am will you?
    Alexander Villani
    GMInsideNews Writer/Editor

Have some news?
    Email Me: Hidden Content
    Follow me on twitter: @AlexVGMI

Thanks
    You wont be happy till GM starts pumping out sub-par sports cars, adding hood scoops and boddy cladding, along with crappy interiors on RWD chassis and tagging the name Trans Am will you?
    Hmm, body cladding, crappy interior.. sounds like the Camaro end of the Fbody spectrum.. not Trans Am. Although, since you (unfortunately) own possibly one of the worst Fbodies ever made (hell, cars in general), I'll let you slide on that one.

GT40 priced 3x teh cost of a Vette
    Yeah, but they're both the best of each companies offering. You can't get better than a Corvette at GM, nor a a GT40 at Ford.

have yet to see a STOCK 03 cobra push low 12's to beat a C5
    I'm not sure what kind of track you've been too, but C5s typically hit mid to high 12's... not low 12's.

Comparing a 20k 4cyl roadster to a 70+k figure for the cobra, V10 roaster is insane.
    They're the same exactly type of car... except one is awesome and one really, really sucks.

GooooOooOOooo GM, in all your sad, pathetic glory.

Thanks
    Originally posted by TAFreak@Jan 6 2004, 05:44 PM
    You wont be happy till GM starts pumping out sub-par sports cars, adding hood scoops and boddy cladding, along with crappy interiors on RWD chassis and tagging the name Trans Am will you?
    Hmm, body cladding, crappy interior.. sounds like the Camaro end of the Fbody spectrum.. not Trans Am. Although, since you (unfortunately) own possibly one of the worst Fbodies ever made (hell, cars in general), I'll let you slide on that one.

GT40 priced 3x teh cost of a Vette
    Yeah, but they're both the best of each companies offering. You can't get better than a Corvette at GM, nor a a GT40 at Ford.

I'm not sure what kind of track you've been too, but C5s typically hit mid to high 12's... not low 12's.

Comparing a 20k 4cyl roadster to a 70+k figure for the cobra, V10 roaster is insane.
    They're the same exactly type of car... except one is awesome and one really, really sucks.

GooooOooOOooo GM, in all your sad, pathetic glory.
    LMAO!

First of all, the Camaro didn't have cladding, the Firebird did.

Second, wait for the Blue Devil, then see who is king. Not to mention that Ford needs to add two superchargers to a V8 to beat what Chevy is capable of with no forced induction.

Thirdly, HEY BUDDY! WAKE UP! FYI, the C5 (LS1 version) was tested against a Cobra in MT a while back, and guess which one won? HINT: It wasn't the Cobra. Plus, when you get your 25 year old chassis to the racecourse, good luck even staying on the track.

A 4 cyl car and V10 car are not the same type of car, FYI. I can get a 20k Solstice, mod the hell out of it and guess what? By the time I get to $70k, it will whoop your Shelby's ***.

Not to mention that the Shelby concept looks like its frikken crying! And, blue72's (no offense to you blue72, as it is an improvement) looks like its scared to death! Almost like it just witnessed the next Z06, and could do nothing but stare in awe. But, it has a bigger bro, the GT, which has to do battle... and lose... against the Blue Devil.

Thanks
    Originally posted by TAFreak@Jan 6 2004, 03:44 PM
    I'd love it if you would explain this in more detail :lol:

So since the Solstice and Cobra concept are both 2 door roadsters, that makes them the 'same exactly type of car'? Wow does that mean the Malibu is the same as an M5 :huh:

Hey Blue72, your Cobra doesnt really look all that different to me. Maybe if you rounded the corners on the bottom of the grill like the old Cobra's.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Originally posted by TAFreak@Jan 6 2004, 06:44 PM
    Um, I don't know much, but if a Corvette does the 1/4 mile in mid-12s, any car wanting to beat it would have to do it in low 12s.
    His statement was correct. Your "correction" was unnecessary.

Thanks
    Sorry about the first pic guys, I lost the one without all the lighting, and it wasn't easy to see the changes. So I redid it, and then added some more.

Not to mention that the Shelby concept looks like its frikken crying! And, blue72's (no offense to you blue72, as it is an improvement) looks like its scared to death! Almost like it just witnessed the next Z06, and could do nothing but stare in awe. But, it has a bigger bro, the GT, which has to do battle... and lose... against the Blue Devil.
    :laughbounce:

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information