GM Inside News Forum banner

Saab 9-7xc

2K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  saturnsteve 
#1 ·
#17 ·
Even if the 9-7x is a bit larger than the PT vert, I still see it as that, and something that were currently have avaible to us today. It also reminds me of the Amigo, in the sense of what it has to offer, but with a lot better design. Even though I don't think it fits in with the contest, I still like that idea for the 9-7x a lot. Looks very nice as a 2-door.

#18 ·
ElmerMCR said:
Even though I don't think it fits in with the contest, I still like that idea for the 9-7x a lot. Looks very nice as a 2-door.
Agreed....and here's what the rules were....

The idea of the contest is to make a vehicle that converts in one way or another to another type of vehicle. (Like the Avalanche or Envoy XUV or a coupe that becomes a wagon (Nissan Pulsar).

So this is literally a convertible, yes, but it doesn't cross segments/body styles like those examples do. If it went from convertible, to say, full pickup truck or something, that would possibly be better.

There was a Jeep concept in the early 90's that took a two-door Cherokee, and made a neat cabrio out of it, complete with trunk. I liked that, and nonetheless, I like this too....albeit this means that nice stylized wiper arm, exclusive to the 9-7x, that I test evaluated at my co-op is gone! :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.