Saab 9-1

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saab 9-1

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    Nice!,but I was thinking more of an rebaged Aveo.
    Current line up:
    1987 Buick Regal S/W
    1987 Pontiac Trans AM
    1991 Pontiac Firebird Formula
    1998 Ford Windstar
    1998 Subaru Impreza Wagon
    1998 Chevy Camaro Z-28
    2004 Chevorlet Trailblazer
    And further down the road: 2k4 Cadillac CTS V.

Those gone but not forgotten:
    1991 Ford TaurusHidden Content
    1993 Chevy LuminaHidden Content

--ME--

Thanks
    Great chop Rex! But I don't think many Saab-fans would be too happy with a rear wheel drive Saab. Maybe if it was only offered in AWD?

Nice wheels. B)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My opinion on Saab:

They have 2 cars. They have had 2 cars for the longest time. Loyalty has it's place, but it is most probably due to lack of loyalty that Saab had to be bought by GM. There simply weren't enough "Loyal" buyers to have the company stand on its own.

People say the 9-2x and the upcoming 9-7 aren't true Saabs. Who cares? If it gets OTHER people into Saab dealerships, people that wouldn't normally consider Saab, then it's a good thing.

As far as ticking off the "loyal" Saab people by having something other than a 4-cylinder turbo or an ignition key between the seats, so be it. It's not like they can get their ignition placement where they want it, in a Lexus, BMW or anything else.

3eb
    Thanks
    i agree rex, but i think it's important for saab to keep at least it's main two current models true to the saab traditions, that way the loyalists can still get what they want while saab can attract other buyers to their entire line-up with the other models. your concept looks nice too by the way, but i was thinking maybe a more advanced looking front end? something a little more future saab ish i guess? if that makes sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,144 Times in 2,134 Posts
    My Ride
    E350, 9-5 Aero
    I don't see why other Saabs can't be more "saab-ified." I know the 9-2X is supposed to "fillin the gaps" so to speak. And the 9-7X has been platform switiching for the past 2 years or so.

But if in 3-5 years or so, Saab gets its feet on the ground and decides to redo the entire lineup to reflect "saabisms," i'm not going to stop 'em.

i still think the 9-7X should have been Sigma-based. I still think the SRX should have been an E-series, not S-series (ie - Baby Escalade). But what's done is done.
    Lets hope for the best... and make sure the revised 9-5 doesn&#39;t end up looking like a Bonneville. <_<

Editor Premium Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Excellent Chop&#33; But what is with the poor qaulity

Thanks
    It&#39;s not poor quality, it&#39;s a artsy filter.

Here it is "plain"

Thanks
    that&#39;s a sweet lookin saab. almost said that as seet look swaab :lol:

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks
    o-oh- that&#39;s nice. Great chop Rex.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    I really like it but the front looks to "thick." Like it got punched in the jaw and it swelled up. It was probably a necessity to cover the Nomad lights, I guess, but it would look even better, IMO, if it were a little less pronounced or something. And prehaps just a little more "edgieness" or creases would help give it a little more Saab.

I think Kappa is going to be a real winner for GM. It seems to lend itself well to many designs, like this excellent example.
    blank, blankity, blank, blank, blank.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks
    I am a Chevy Nomad freak. My wife saw the car on the net and liked it but she is into Saabs and always has been. I want that Nomad so bad I can&#39;t stand it. My Wife is a bonifide Saab nutcase. She was really into the 9-2 cause she likes Saab hatchbacks and the 9-3 does not offer one anymore, then she saw this. She went nuts. It&#39;s the same car as the Nomad but I guess it&#39;s all in the eye of the beholder. I suppose if it comes out as a Saab it will be a little more upscale but I guess cars are really about emotion after all. There may be two versions of the Kappa sitting in my driveway down the road. I think the Kappa platform is going to turn out to be a grand slam for GM.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 chev454ls's Avatar
    Thanks
    The first one looks like it&#39;s chrome plated. I like the second pic a lot&#33;
    &#39;97 GTP
    &#39;65 Impala Convertible

Chevrolet VOLT Premium Member TaHoE's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Volt
    Which artistic filter did you use?

Thanks
    This is a real "saab story".

Far be it from me to nit pick anything creative, but I&#39;ll assume you&#39;re posting it in search of feedback. Well, conceptually this just ain&#39;t right. It&#39;s called a Nomad because the concept is based on the original Chevy Nomad concept from the 1950s. Why plaigarize an authentic design like this?...you might as well have grafted a Saab face onto a &#39;63 Corvette or &#39;70 Riviera....

I mean, it&#39;s bad enough to plaster a bunch of different brands&#39; fascias on undistinguished stuff like the Impreza or Trailblazer. But certainly don&#39; t do it on stuff that&#39;s historic. Not only is this offensive to Chevy, but it defaces Saab, too. I mean, is that all Saab is worth? ...just a face on someone else&#39;s body and interior? Cuz if that&#39;s all Saab is worth to people, just kill the brand now while it still has dignity.

I&#39;ll just assume this image is a joke, meant to nitpick GM&#39;s rebadging habits . Yes?

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information