Porsche Cajun design sketches

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Porsche Cajun design sketches

Thanks

Porsche Cajun design sketches

While I was San Fransisco visiting the Academy of Art University nearly two months ago I drew the front view of the Cajun and ended up finishing the rear view back home. I tried to make it look close to the Cayenne with the front fascia, it turned out a bit over the top IMO, and I looked at mainly the 911 for the rear fascia. I would like to redesign the front end to make it more car-like but I don't know when, or if, I will get to that.

And for those of you who think I have single handily destroyed the Porsche brand and all that it stands for with the Cajun...

...that's my take on a modern day 356 roadster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Porsche Cajun design sketches

i think the 356 roadster is more a 356 speedster, you captured the essence of the Porsche flavor. it has design cues from the boxster and the new vw roadster they will reveal soon.
    what i dont like is the bumper. it should be more simple.

as for the cajun the same thing. the front bumper feels too busy, but the rear is stunning! if porsche remains at the current cues (who are we talking about porsche) then i think you just drew the cajun. it cant differ too much.

Thanks

Looks great, I really like it. I'd love to see your take on a full sized Cayenne, and a redesigned Panamera... you know... one that could actually take on the Quattroporte for looks.

This would make a great VAG (likely underpinnings) attack on the little Range Rover coming out soon.

Wish I had skills to draw like that, the lines are so simple, but it looks so pro. Looks like when they do a promotion of a new car and have a funky little drawing to go with.

As for the 356, it's cool, but for me it has too much Ferrari 360 in the front bar.
    Last edited by Joe88; 11-28-2010 at 06:51 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 American_Muscle's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Monte Carlo SS/2001/Black

wow, i LOVE that Cajun drawing. Porsche design hasn't changed much in..well..ever lol and has gotten pretty bland boring IMO. The Cheyenne is a nice looking vehicle, but I love your drawing. For a final design maybe it is a bit over the top..but its a damn good start. I'm in love with that rear end just the way it is.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information