GM Inside News Forum banner

Pontiac Panther

915 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ZHDesign57 
#1 ·
About a week old drawing that I couldn't scan and post due to the hard drive failure, (AGAIN....) :(

See less See more
#2 ·
proportions are getting a little better

... but you still need to watch for details like the wheels clearing the wheel wells, proportions from the front to the rear of the vehicle (the distance from the front to the front tire is almost as long as the entire door - and then you have this tiny rear end on the back side)

#3 ·
I know, wheels and tires is the area that I need most help now. I absolutely hate drawing the tires, since to me, it's really tedius to draw the wheels. I don't know how to improve it, any suggestions?

#4 ·
Get or make you some circle stencils.

It helped me tremendously. Draw the line where the wheels touch the ground. (make a box around where you want the car to sit) Then half circle in the wheel openings, then draw in your wheels under them, and depending on how you want the car to sit, adjust the "turn" of the wheel. (Look at some car pics in a magazine) Try drawing your wheels in accordance with the stance of the car kinda. How the car sits makes the drawing. I know it kinda sucks drawing wheels sometimes, but they are what helps the rest of the car come together proportion-wise. Kinda like your guidelines, along with the box method.

Keep trying, Practice, Practice, Practice. It will pay off, it did for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.