Pontiac Nighthawk

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pontiac Nighthawk

Thanks

Pontiac Nighthawk

Just an idea in my head while reading today's paper. I used the photo of the red-tailed hawk and kinda tried to make the front-end of a car.

This is the slightly modified version I made a bit later.

I know they suck and still has too many problems here and there and the proportion is off, but this is just an experiment, though if the feedbacks are good, I may replace the Grand Prix I have enterred with this one. This suppose to be an inexpensive, 4 seat sports coupe that should sit just above G5 and below G6.

I know you will say they look the same old, same old as my previous drawings, but, I tried to make it look different.
    Hidden Content

Also, sign up on my new, Pontiac tribute site, let your voice be heard at:
    Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: Pontiac Nighthawk

The top one has a very interesting grill treatment. Do me a favor, draw up a profile view of this car a see if there's something interesting you can do with the greenhouse. Watch the proportions and remember the three wheel width rule between the wheel well arches. I think you can do a great job, let's see it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TorRed View Post
    The top one has a very interesting grill treatment. Do me a favor, draw up a profile view of this car a see if there's something interesting you can do with the greenhouse. Watch the proportions and remember the three wheel width rule between the wheel well arches. I think you can do a great job, let's see it!
    Um, what's a profile view and what's a three wheel width rule? I don't think I have heard of that term before. Thanx.
    Last edited by GrandPrix08; 11-16-2008 at 08:39 AM.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandPrix08 View Post
    Um, what's a profile view and what's a three wheel width rule? I don't think I have heard of that term before. Thanx.
    A profile view is a straight-on shot from one side of the vehicle, which shows the lines and profile of the car, from front to back. I believe the 3 wheel width rule, is to help keep the proportions of the wheelbase attractive (take the diameter of the wheels used, say 1.5" on drawing paper, multiply it by 3, and that is the distance between the back of the front wheel well and the front of the back wheel well, or 4.5").

As said, the front end is quite interesting. Try using a pencil, so you can make slight changes to lines as your drawing progresses.

Thanks

OK. Working on it. Thanx. Though it isn't coming out that well....
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I tried but I am not sure if this is the profile view you were saying. The proportion is still way off, but I tried not to go overboard and tried to make it as clean as possible. I kinda mish-mashed various stuffs from the 2 drawings I posted here for this.

I hope this is better even though I admit it's not perfect, made it worse by the quality that my scanner ate.
    Hidden Content

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by GrandPrix08 View Post
    I know they suck and still has too many problems here and there and the proportion is off, but this is just an experiment, though if the feedbacks are good, I may replace the Grand Prix I have enterred with this one. This suppose to be an inexpensive, 4 seat sports coupe that should sit just above G5 and below G6.

I know you will say they look the same old, same old as my previous drawings, but, I tried to make it look different.
    design a Saturn?!
    SANITIZED: for your viewing pleasure

Thanks

Well, I guess it does look something like a 1st gen Saturn SL. Which to me, wasn't a bad looking car, but I guess this isn't good enough to be enterred. Oh well. Any other feedbacks?
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I really want you to succed so I did this quick tutorial. I hope this helps in some way and was done only in an effort to help.

Thanks

Wow, what a difference. Thank you. Even though I decided not to enter this one. I will be sticking with the Fiero GT(If I get a chance, might just revise it)

Thanx.
    Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information