Pontiac Mera GXP TURBO

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pontiac Mera GXP TURBO

Thanks

Pontiac Mera GXP TURBO

Pontiac's Corvette Class sports coupe with 4 seats, rather than 2 as standard, 2 seater with bigger engine as option. I know, stupid and lame idea. This is the idea I had in my head of a high performance Pontiac sports coupe using Corvette's platform with tweeked and re-engineered Corvette engine with higher output to put Pontiac as a true performance division. I know, it will NEVER happen since GM is about to kill off Pontiac soon, but....

I hope you don't mind the messy/dirty scan, and even though I know most of you will say it is the same old, same old design of mine, but I was like, the heck with it. It's side window profiles, I kinda burrowed from Nissan's GTR and rear quarter and parts of interior gauges are partly from 04-08 Grand Prix.

Enjoy.
    Hidden Content

Also, sign up on my new, Pontiac tribute site, let your voice be heard at:
    Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Administrator Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pontiac Mera GXP TURBO

I think you've taken a trip back in time.
    Your quality has gone down in the last few drawings. You're not using Torred's tips.
    And again, every drawing you do seems identical. That look was discontinued in the 90's for a reason.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks

Good job on the grille!
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - too many miles - July 2008-
    2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 177,000 miles August 2011-
    1959 Chevrolet Impala Convertible 23,000 miles February 2004-
    -

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 BMW 328is

Your front end is very interesting, much more futuristic that what I am used to seeing from you. It is fairly spare (for you!) and clean. I don't believe that the rest of the body follows the treatment that you gave the front fascia, as it feels a bit more busy and doesn't feature the clean, crisp lines.

I do have to echo what I said in your other post in regards to the quality of your scan, again, these contests are for your best work "masterpieces" per se, unfortunately, a crumpled and messy piece of paper doesn't speak masterpiece. Again, take time. If you can, take a couple of days, and re-draw this design; work on your perspective a bit. It definately holds promise.

-Chase
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2003 Honda S2000
    1997 BMW 328iS
    2003 MINI Cooper S
    1984 Mercedes-Benz 230CE
    1998 BMW 328iS

Thanks

A retry. Proportion have gotten worse, but I think, well, I think, this came out a bit better. I have used Lamborghini Estoque Concept as a model for the front end design, though it came out HORRIBLE. I tried to simplify the rear quarter, but it came out the same looking as the Sunbird I have posted, oh well....

I know you will say this is still identical looking and same old, same old to my other drawings, but I just don't know how to make the designs current or futuristic. Part of the reason I BURROWED the new concept from Lambo into this, but oh well....
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content , and talk about anything Pontiac, and share the fond memories of once a great brand who became a victim of GM's mismanagement and faltering economy.

Thanks

The headlights are rude as (cool), your front ends have started to dip down again though, they were great a few pictures ago. This is cool, but frankly I don't like the 1980's rear end, I'm growing a little tired of that dipping window line and wish that you'd be a little more rebelious in your design.

As always, keep it up buddy........

Thanks

Re-work. Based the bumper from the Lambo Estoque concept and tried to make it a bit 'DIFFERENT' approach. Not sure if it worked in creating something that does not look the same old, same old from my previous drawings, but, enjoy anyway. I am aware that it still suffers a big proportion error which I focused most on for this to correct, but I do admit it didn't work out.

Thanx.
    Hidden Content

Thanks

When I think 'Mera' I think this:

(1988 Fiero Mera)
    A 4 seat Pontiac sports car should be covered by a hopped up Firebird, not by a 4 seat Corvette (which end up being heavier and slower than the Corvette).

Your front overhangs are wayyyyy too long, beltine is a touch too flat, the greenhouse is very nice on the last drawing, rear end is quite boxy and flat, and your front end is still very much like a launching ramp for oncoming traffic (plus, your footwell in the interior has a big flat brake pedal... a no-no in a sports car for me!)

You seem to be making the same mistakes, quite possibly because you keep trying to drive the same car every time (2 door sports car) with the same front 3/4 view. Try drawing different vehicles (say, a full size SUV, a monster truck, a mid engined 2-seater, a Le Mans racer, etc), or of different brands (draw say, a Nissan Titan, or a Chrysler 300, or even a *gasp* Chevy of any kind), or with different views.

Thanks

Well, I just named it as Mera since I ran out of all the good names, and I just remembered that name of the old days, so I was like, what the heck....
    Hidden Content

Thanks

What the heck is right...

Love the front. Hate the rear. Use a pencil. Don't do a whole drawing over break. Take your time. GMI isn't going anywhere. I know you're tired of my post. I am too.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    A note to all design contest participants - if I pound you with penalties or point out that you can't enter one of your designs, please do not think that this is a personal bash on you as a designer. I am merely enforcing the rules that I have set down.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar jmlee0695's Avatar
    Thanks

i like the front end on the 2nd one,i like the design ,but all of your interiors looks the same

14. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information