Pontiac Firebird (yeah, another one!)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pontiac Firebird (yeah, another one!)

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Pontiac Firebird (yeah, another one!)

so i've been working on my own firebird (like everybody else, natch!)

its a work in progress so far, but i figured i'd share it anyways, and get some directive feedback from y'all.

of course, its based on teh camaro concept, as you can tell by teh roofline which i've yet to get to. and its got a heavy dose of solstice, tho about the only thing that's actually unmodified solstice are the wheels and the extreme rear fender.

the headlights and grille are just blocked-in for now. i intend on doing the rest of the detail work in the next two days (or i miss the deadline, right!) i think i'm using the last formula as my jumping off point, as i think it was the best looking 4th Gen. teh lower fascia should have a mix of formula combined with that smokin' ram air gto, but you'll hafta trust me on that fer now...

anyways, have at it!

...updated, with lower fascia details. the headlights, while they do evoke a bit of lexus SC, are based heavily on the solstice concept's, tho perhaps a bit more swept back. overall, i'm going for a more bawny solstice look, but still curvaceous (as opposed to the sky-look).
    Last edited by runningshoes; 02-11-2006 at 12:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 lightbrotha2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Impala LT - Red

Re: Pontiac Firebird (yeah, another one!)

nice start
    Current: 2012 Chevrolet Impala LT Past: 1995 Chrysler Cirrus LX, 1996 Chevy Lumina, 1998 GMC Astro (GMC Grill on an Astro)
    Hidden Content

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

SMOOTH. I dont know about the swept back headlights, kinda lexus looking to me and all your design que elemnets seem to be above the beltline, though you did say you have more in store for the facia, let's see...what you come up with, it is a good start.

I am sure everyone here likes the fact you used the camaro too ...LOL !

Stingray

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

well, i've hidden more and more of teh camaro. about the only thing that remains is a modified side mirror.

still need to finish up the details, and maybe complete this thing before midnite, and/or get some more comments. sheesh, is everybody sitting at home watching the olympics or something!

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) asim's Avatar
    Thanks

I think if you finish it more...but more features into the design...then you'd be pretty set.
    I'll make a new sig. Later.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 lightbrotha2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Chevy Impala LT - Red

The headlight treatment i'm still out on. Liking the lower fascia but where those scoops are in the front not so much unless your goin to give some character lines into the hood not as extreme as the 4G T/A but sorta like the Base models or even off the Firehawk version.

Current: 2012 Chevrolet Impala LT Past: 1995 Chrysler Cirrus LX, 1996 Chevy Lumina, 1998 GMC Astro (GMC Grill on an Astro)
    Hidden Content

Thanks

nice work in progress. get to that hood and rear greenhouse!!! I'm ok w/ keeping those wheels as any firebird should have snowflake honeycombing wheels or 5 spoke rallies...make your pick. Use the 02- TA as your inspiration also, that I believe in black w/ ws6 and t-tops (red is good 2) is the ultimate of the 4th gens.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Do you guys realize (however much I happen to agree with you) that the TRANS AM is NEVER going to return ?...GM licensing the name from the racing series, paid a % royalty on every one they ever sold !...and now GM is NOT going to continue to do that !

All that aside, I really like what you did with the roof line,...and yes, I am working up a similair one too !!...LOL ! Unfortunately, my Pontiac GT post is more likely to come out from GM before ANY Firebird...too bad, cuz I really love those F-Birds !

I think we need to be more realistic about the naming, (as if I should talk) of the designs we post. Whatever !...it's still how they look that matters...LOL !!!

Whatever you wanna call this one, it is starting to shape up very nicley !
    I would like to see the finished deal. Even if you miss this deadline, OK?

Stingray

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

well, this is as far as i can go tonight. its late, i'm tired, and i'm tapped.

what else is there to do?

well, i'm thinking that i can add some sort of heat extractor behind hte front wheels, but i'm not sure what shape will flow well enough with the car. i could just bite off the solstice, but wheres the fun in that?

other than that, the lights can be detailed instead of being just solid bezier-polys, and i should show some sort of cut line in the side glass.

and finally, i think there's something funny with the top of the rear fender, where it meets the roof. if i can figure out what i'm doing wrong, i'll fix it. if not, y'all'll just hafta suffer! ha!

i realize, unfortunately, that i'm going to lose the t-tops crowd. i blame the camaro concept for that. if i finish up everything else on my to-do list, i'll give em a crack - literally.

also, who's calling this a trans am? its a firebird! well, formula 350, is where i'm going (how's teh graphic? does it work or just plain suck???)

oh, and just for fun - an overlay showing somehting of a comparison between this car and the camaro. or, it'll just look trippy and wierd. whichever.

rex - if the contest ends now (meaning i don't do anything more on this design) please use the version in this post. thanks!

edit: look! headlights!
    edit again: and we're done... i think
    Last edited by runningshoes; 02-12-2006 at 02:07 PM.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar bouda's Avatar
    Thanks

cool.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

well,i think i'm done with it. how's it look?

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Pontiac Firebird (yeah, another one!)

Quote Originally Posted by runningshoes
    well, this is as far as i can go tonight. its late, i'm tired, and i'm tapped.

what else is there to do?
    well, the grille looks a bit out of perspective, and i really like the 4th gen intake more than this grille. try integrating the 4th gen hood intake into the chop, instead of that massive grille, and i think it'll look MUCH better.

also, i likehat you did with the headlights, but couold you try to put the blue rings around them (like on the camaro)? one last thing, i see that you're going for a solstice-style, but ther headlights seem to take up un-neccessary space goiing p the hood. also,try this cabin i made a couple weeks back:

i think it will help your chop say firebird even more than it does now .
    -camaroman22

*edit*
    feel free to take whatever you need from my chop ^.

Thanks

Looks really good. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks

Besides the grill being a little off and it needing some fine details, I think it looks great. You should really change the color, though.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

okie dokie. if i ever get around to it, i'll pop in a door handle or something (i think that's like the last kind of detail that's missing, right?). i'm not sure i'm going to do anything with the grille. i know, thre's something just a bit off on it, but i have no friggin clue how to get it right - also, ive got so many raster layers invested into it that even if i wanted to fix it i prolly couldn't.

with that... pick your favorite color. original grey, as seen in my last posted pic, or one of the following:

orange or blue

thanks for all the input!

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information