Pontiac Daytona Grand - Am ... ( Final)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pontiac Daytona Grand - Am ... ( Final)

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Pontiac Daytona Grand - Am ... ( Final)

P O N T I A C D A Y T O N A G R A N D - A M 2 0 0 7

c STINGRAYSSTUDIO 2006

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Premium Member Rex Raider's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Pontiac Daytona Grand - Am ... ( Final)

That is by far one of thw WORST chops that i have ever seen. You really let me down man, I believed your hype.

The top picture and bottom picture don't match at all in any detail.

If this is the best that you can do, I'd hate to see your worst.

Also, is it possible to do a version without the crazy filters and ugly "paint" backgrounds?

Why are you really here?

I don't mean to sound harsh, and I'm sorry that I'm coming across that way, but man, you really emphasized in your posts how good you were, and how we would all be blown away, and then you produce this.

I stand behind all of my previous comments.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

hey REX, I really think that a "quick sketch" is all you deserve.

OK...I could do much more, but for you ? WHY?

Tell Me & then ...maybe. You do not have my interest much at all right now.

Any wonder why ?

Stingray

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

This is an area of the website that is supposed to be fun for veryone involved. Those that draw, those that chop, those that comment, those that vote, those that simply look.

If you don't want to abide by the rules, and don't feel like this site is worth making a full effort, then I repeat my question: Why are you here?

I'm not going to beg you to stay, and I'm not going to encourage you to leave. But seriously consider why you are participating here.

Thanks

Well..... this has certainly been a waste of bandwidth.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Raider
    This is an area of the website that is supposed to be fun for veryone involved. Those that draw, those that chop, those that comment, those that vote, those that simply look.

If you don't want to abide by the rules, and don't feel like this site is worth making a full effort, then I repeat my question: Why are you here?

I'm not going to beg you to stay, and I'm not going to encourage you to leave. But seriously consider why you are participating here.
    Look REX, your a real drag, man. No matter what I posted, YOU were gonna complain, that was obvious...so did I let you down by giving you a "design" ?

I have seen worse here already. I tought maybe we could all have a "fun" time with these "ideas", of course they can be developed further. But to what purpose is that now, when you are so focued upon "technical skills" that you fail to recognize even the slightest sense of "imagination" !!

I guess that the real reason I came here, at the reccomendation of some GM friends, they said you all needed some "IMAGINATION".

IMAGINE THAT....YOU COULD CARE LESS.

DESIGN IS NOT A TECHNICAL SKILL AS MUCH AS IT IT AN ART.

It is a shame you are not able to embrace that understanding here, because this is where it should start, not be "chopped" off.

I will still submit the 1 drawing I promised you, hand drawn and you will most likey hate that too.

I sure as heck did not come here for the money, REX !!

Sting

Thanks

I am the Simon Cowell of GMI. Your work is no good, and no amount of groveling and defending your actions is going to make me think differently.

Not everyone can be good at all things. Perhaps vehicle design is not your strong point. Don't worry, I'm sure your mother still loves you.

If you had posted something good, then I'd be on your side 100%. But in other threads where you say that you are better than everyone else, and then you tell us to prepare to be amazed, and then you post this "Final" thing that obviously requires lots of work, I'm simply left stunned.

Post anything "good" that you have done that is completely original, and not awash in photoshop filters. Let's see a GOOD example where your art, design and technical skill all come together.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Not that it really is important to my life, but I am very sad to see a person in your postion, Mr. REX RADIER who cannot even discuss a design "sketch", I figured that you would do exactly what you have done, that is why I went ahead and posted my first draft of this concept, and not waiting for "Saturday night" to see for sure if you had any sense of "design art" at all. I thought perhaps you did, and then I would be justified by putting more time into this, but I cannot do that if it was to be ignored for an "attitude".

Well, you made certian of that did'nt you ? ...couldn't wait to see what the others had to say, could you ? NO you had to impose your opinion and negate the enitire purpose of my posting it in the first place.

Yes, the drawing has 2 versions of the same car, because that is fairly typical when doing a "design study" for consideration. Perhaps you do not practice that here either, right.

I do not make up my own rules, These are processes that I was taught, by real designers. Go back and look at some of the GM designers pictures from the past, you could learn a great deal from them.

Thr GM photo store has a extensive collection of these in the design studio section, and you would be very surprised to see that most of these are ART not PHOTOS. Perhaps that is our difference here, I am not a photographer, and as such those type of images do not have a great appeal to me.

Apparently you are a technician. That's OK too. But it is not the entire picture when it comes to creating new automotive ideas, from the mind or from exsisting cars.

I had hoped I was going to be wrong about you. Silly me, huh ?

If I bother to do the other entry, you think you can "shut up" long enough for an honest opinion to come out ?...you guys created my attitude here by having no tolerance for something different than what you have been doing here. But it lacks real invention.

Stingray

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

I am the Simon Cowell of GMI. Your work is no good, and no amount of groveling and defending your actions is going to make me think differently.

Not everyone can be good at all things. Perhaps vehicle design is not your strong point. Don't worry, I'm sure your mother still loves you.

If you had posted something good, then I'd be on your side 100%. But in other threads where you say that you are better than everyone else, and then you tell us to prepare to be amazed, and then you post this "Final" thing that obviously requires lots of work, I'm simply left stunned.

Post anything "good" that you have done that is completely original, and not awash in photoshop filters. Let's see a GOOD example where your art, design and technical skill all come together.

LMAO...SIMON COWELL !!!...that's a good one. I did not post it here for you. WHY DO YOU THINK I POSTED THE SNEAK PREWVIEW ???

PROCESS...SIMON,!!! SHOW THE LINE OF DEVELOPMENT, THAT IS WHY ?

I KNOW WHAT IT IS, IT TOOK A COUPLE HOURS ON "PHOTODELUXE" TO DO !

YOU JUMPED THE GUN, MOTHER SUEPIEROR !!!!

STING

Thanks

STINGRAYSSTUDIO, in one sentence please, tell us why you are here. Remember that's one sentence only. Thank you.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 80ssportlover
    STINGRAYSSTUDIO, in one sentence please, tell us why you are here. Remember that's one sentence only. Thank you.
    My reason for coming here was to bring some outside "imagination" into play here.

Stingray

Thanks

Are you 12? You have so many spelling and grammar errors in all of your posts that it is hard to imagine that you are truly a middle-aged professional in the auto industry. The constant use of BOLD and CAPS, font sizes, and poor quoting skills just emphasize all that is wrong with your posting style.

The fact that use Adobe PhotoDeluxe and not a more professional program such as Adobe Photoshop reinforces my beliefs that you are no expert in the field of art or design.

I don't know why you posted the sneak preview. I do not know why you posted a "final" version of something that wasn't final. I don't know why you are still participating here, when clearly you are not appreciated or respected.

I have yet to see a design sketch from you. I have not seen anything original by you.
    Sketches are not an existing photograph blended through a computer paint program multiple times. There is something original in a sketch.

This is a professional sketch:

What you are doing is not a sketch. And it is not professional.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Are you 12? You have so many spelling and grammar errors in all of your posts that it is hard to imagine that you are truly a middle-aged professional in the auto industry. The constant use of BOLD and CAPS, font sizes, and poor quoting skills just emphasize all that is wrong with your posting style.

The fact that use Adobe PhotoDeluxe and not a more professional program such as Adobe Photoshop reinforces my beliefs that you are no expert in the field of art or design.

I don't know why you posted the sneak preview. I do not know why you posted a "final" version of something that wasn't final. I don't know why you are still participating here, when clearly you are not appreciated or respected.

I have yet to see a design sketch from you. I have not seen anything original by you.
    Sketches are not an existing photograph blended through a computer paint program multiple times. There is something original in a sketch.

What you are doing is not a sketch. And it is not professional.

REX!

THIS IS MY NEW ALL ORIGINAL DESIGN SKETCH!

I am a professional in the automotive industry just like STINGRAYSSTUDIO now too. Do you want to join out club? All you have to do is find pictured of cars, any car, dosent matter just so long as its NOT actually one of your own..and then heres the best part, its pretty difficult and I dont know if you will be able to learn..it takes great skill. You must open this UNORIGINAL picture in photohshop program..and heres the tricky part..you have to ENIE-MEANIE-MINEY-MOE through the list of filters and use as many as you can, your main objective is to make something that gives people a headahce, call it art, and enter it in contests where it does NOT qualify to be placed! It's that simple..well in the scrambled mind of STINGRAYSSTUDIO it's that simple.

This is just a preview

I'm pulling out the BIG GUNS now
    After I take the garbage out for my MOM
    YOU ALL WILL SEE THE WRATH OF MY FILTER BUTTON PRESSING ELITE SKILLZ..MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS! THE ENTIRE SERVER WILL EMPLODE 2.3 SECONDS UPON THE LOADING OF MY MASTERPIECE...

K..now that I got that all out...can you please ban this fool? Oh..and how was my impression? was it convincing??

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

surely my masters degree in mechanical engineering was a total waste, as i cannot conceive of even the slightest shred of possibility for the vehicle depicted being both remotely street legal and anything less than an order of magnitude removed from a $20,000 USD sticker price.

i suppose if you're proposing a race car for the streets, and only the shape of the shell would be shared, and the powertrain, chassis, interior, etc. would all be different, then i guess the only response i could have is "yawn" they've done that for years with NASCAR, with no less luminary a vehicle than the venerable ford taurus.

ok ok, i'll toss ya a life preserver. tell me its something akin to the lotus elise, and i'll give you a bit of credit. not for the design - that's hideous, and more reminscient of an alfa romeo and a bad acid trip - but for the slightest inkling of an idea that has been so horrendously expressed.

is not the role of the designer to convey his idea, and not confusion? in that regard you have failed, friend.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Volkswagen CC 6M

Quote Originally Posted by STINGRAYSSTUDIO
    My reason for coming here was to bring some outside "imagination" into play here.

Stingray
    We dont need the outside imagination..there are RULES that nobody has a problem with, its apart of the contest. What your say is like a basketball player traveling and arguing that it makes the game better..doesnt matter the pros or cons, your becoming a nusence and irritating alot of people around here. I understand Rex is being polite and saying that he wont encourage you to leave, but I'm not going to be polite. Please leave if you have such a hard time following the guidlines! if you can create in the manner in which you are supposed to, then by all means, stay..but it is more then obivious this contest concept is far too much for you to concieve. I recommend that untill you can comprehend the very simple rules of this contest that you no longer create threads or post pictures or argue the defense of your reasoning..because you simply cant understand how wrong you are..if you could..you would feel like a complete A$$.

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information