Pontiac "Daytona" Firero

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pontiac "Daytona" Firero

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Pontiac "Daytona" Firero

Why beat around the bush?.......(so to speak !)....bring back the mid engined sportscar at the top notch, goodbye porsche cayman.....and boxster too !
    The Firero "Grand-Am" !!!........

and.............hey, it's a 20,000 GT-40 !!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Re: Pontiac "Daytona" Firero

..........and one more look at that split grille....."PONTIAC......just do it !!!

........"Firero" or "Grand-Am", a $ 20,000 GT-40 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................

WHY IS THIS NOT ON THE ROAD NOW ????????????............TELL ME !!!!!

"Stingray"
    [email protected]

(p.s. ...the 21st century "Cobra" ?!!! )

Thanks

Congratulations, you know how to use filters in photoshop. This is just Pontiac's current race car.
    your not fooling anyone im afraid

BTW, whats a Firero? lol
    Last edited by 80ssportlover; 02-05-2006 at 08:46 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

What is the point of this? The objective is not to use a filter and post it, your supposed to make a concept of your own. And some of your posts in other topics are totally pointless and are starting to get annoying (AKA all the filtered pictures and your sentence structure is very confusing).

Thanks

You seem to be missing the whole concept of "design".

Thanks

That is U-G-L-Y!!

Thanks

Can someone kill stingraysstudio right now. I don't want to risk seeing another one of these mind bending photoshop filter posts. If you're gonna post here then draw or chop something showing a bit of creativity mate.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

You all missed the entire point of this.........put the race car on the road !!!, why reinvent the wheel, this is it. A proven championship winning racer, so just plush it out a bit ala the GT-40, and put it out as a Pontiac Grand-Am - a "hard core" sportscar.

This the same "design" process that created the Shelby Corbra, so the precedent is there, and the racing history as a winner too !.......get real, or is it just to easy for you?

Think about this....a "nominal" turnaround time to introduction, license the body and detail it out as a street car, badge it as a PONTIAC, advertise it with the drivers and teams racing these in "Daytona Prototypes" ...and sell a limited number (ala SSR ). This would grab all the attention for Pontiac, then after the run of this edition, introduce the next series...TVR has done this, the Prowler, the GT-40...Ferrari does it all the time.

"Pontiac Performance"...built for Action !

WAKE UP !

- Oh, and by the way...these are scanned paintings on canvas...from hand drawn and photo sources...yes, i have used some Photoshop and several
    other programs, You can see the originals (5' X 5' ) at Daytona, and at many
    racing events nationwide (nascar, alms, grand-am, nhra...etc.) and uh, GM.

With the current financial status @ GM, soultions like this are quick cash, and easy development for realistic production models. The '07 GTO and future models of the GTO are benefiting from the race cars. This is the opposite of production to race car, and a very "kick'in" product package too !

Think sales.....think "sold out" @ pre-production, think "instant classic".

Say, 10,000 in a series run @ $25,000-35,000 each. Thats about 30 million.
    Can't hurt GM in generating sales of other Pontiac's either, yes it is a "halo" model, like the Corvette, and totally different from the Corvette too. GM had considered a "mid-engine" smaller Corvette back a decade or so (Areovette),
    and Pontiac produced a concept car, the "Banshee"...so here is a real exsisting automobile that can be a street Pontiac with little more than "customizing" !!!

EASY MONEY.....work smart, don't TRY, just DO IT !

If you all want I will "detail" it out in hand sketches for you...let me know?
    Time is Money. I will do it if you have the interest and couriosity ?

....and the intelligence to comprehend the significance of the concept. Unfortunately, automobiles do not sell on "looks" alone. Image, and purpose are inherent in any purchase. Rethink your position, before this one runs you over !

You wanna sell your designs....best have it "ALL" together.

Peace.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

..........was that big enough for you all to "get it" ?

SHOW ME, DON'T TELL ME !

Thanks

i agree and i c ure point. it would be cool if gm made its own limeted production super car to go after the carrera gt, and enzo but i dont think they have the money for it. but chevy has the z06 which is very close to the race version.
    Last edited by yassir(snowman); 02-06-2006 at 01:33 AM.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Martino_z
    Can someone kill stingraysstudio right now. I don't want to risk seeing another one of these mind bending photoshop filter posts. If you're gonna post here then draw or chop something showing a bit of creativity mate.

>>>Oy, Mate !...I'd like to see you try ! Truck'in down the road in that "Arcadia" of yours, you could not even get close enough to breath in the exhaust from the "Pontiac Grand-Am SE", you would be "gawking" on the side of the "freeway" !...."NOW, That's a Knife !", Mate !

Dig?..or, eh do babe, ...let's see your "blurry eyed" drawings !!!.......Right.

Peace out.

"Sting"

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

your supposed to make a concept of your own. And some of your posts in other topics are totally pointless and are starting to get annoying (AKA all the filtered pictures and your sentence structure is very confusing).

>>> UNO V, u r missing the "design concept" here by a mile. Do you always follow the preconcived set of rules ?...or are you able to lead by example ? This is a "concept based upon an "actual race car"...not a "dream car", it is already a "real car". If you do not understand the simple fact that this "concept" delivers all the elements needed in a production design, then you are the one who is not making any sense at all and you risk becoming totally annoying and boring too ! Soultions to problems are always "right in front of your face", open your mind and see with "vision" AND "insight",...not photo-reality pictures !!!!...you will never see anything new that way.

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

Snowman, you are on the right track...think smaller, "supercar light" ...Lotus Elise, Acura NSX, Nissan "skyline" GT-R, Porsche Cayman/Boxster...like that. No big $, "a steal" !!!!
    Real performance and value, ala Corvette... (it's a mid engined mini-Corvette with a "track record " and a PONTIAC badge !!!...lol ).

Thanks

Hey im no moderator here, but i am on other forums and i know that 3 posts in a row is out of line. Hit the edit button k?

STINGRAYSSTUDIO

80ssportlover...?????, goto aol GM message board, you will lose it there !...if you think that about 3 meesly posts....lol !!!!! I do not have time to waste....my focus is the concept here amd gaining information regarding it's ability to translate into reality.

Your "nit-picking" over topics that have nothing to do with the concept accomplish nothing of benefit here, to you or me or anyone reading this either. So tell me something good dude, or suggest conceptual contributions to improve the idea, but if all you can do is knock and idea you don't like, then keep it to yourself, you posted once here with that comment. I understood you and respected your opinion, now it's your turn to show the same.

I am interested in people's opinion's that are valid and directed at the topic or concept presented. Personally, you ignored the facts and concept regarding this "design" and how it is ready made for the marketing of a production car, and with a proven championship built-in racing history too, and with coustomization for production, an interior, stereo air conditioning...it would be a "sweet" Pontiac.
    I sure hope that you do not repesent the "norm" on this fourm, because your comments have no value to me at present. I you force me to defend my "ideas"....well, ...we can agree to disagree, OK ?

18. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information